What's new

Through the Door 10th Year Anniversary

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Thank you Ethercat!

Posting on your board back in June 2006 was a huge and significant moment for me.

I posted under the pseudonym 'Trevor' because at that exact moment, I was still a Sea Org member 'on duty'.

I suppose placing that statement there acted as a public disavowal of all that I had been involved in for the previous twenty two years. There was no going back after that.

God, yes, I wrote it, posted it and then wiped the computer hard drive so to cover tracks as best I could, and left the Scientologist's house I was staying at while on that garrison mission.

I have not been back!

I hope you get the rest of the stories that you need to make the target, but, again, thank you!

J.

hartley

Patron with Honors
'Through the Door' is one of those older websites that contain a wealth of information for which the compilers never get thanked, it's good that you've kept it up and running for so long. The appreciation others have expressed in this thread will I hope encourage you to continue!

ethercat

Cat in flight
Thank you Ethercat!

Posting on your board back in June 2006 was a huge and significant moment for me.

I posted under the pseudonym 'Trevor' because at that exact moment, I was still a Sea Org member 'on duty'.

I suppose placing that statement there acted as a public disavowal of all that I had been involved in for the previous twenty two years. There was no going back after that.

God, yes, I wrote it, posted it and then wiped the computer hard drive so to cover tracks as best I could, and left the Scientologist's house I was staying at while on that garrison mission.

I have not been back!

I hope you get the rest of the stories that you need to make the target, but, again, thank you!

J.

Thank you, John. I would have never known you were Trevor until you said it here - and to be honest, there are so many interviews there I can't possibly remember them all. But I have read them all, every one as they came in.

So others can read it, in its true form: http://exscn.net/content/view/59/104/

I enjoyed your book a lot - thanks for giving us your insight. Despite the fact that other books made a bigger splash when they were released, I consider yours to be one of the best.

'Through the Door' is one of those older websites that contain a wealth of information for which the compilers never get thanked, it's good that you've kept it up and running for so long. The appreciation others have expressed in this thread will I hope encourage you to continue!

Hartley, thanks for your kind words and support over the years. I have no plans to take down Through the Door, and for now, I'm not going anywhere. I am humbled by how much it has meant to so many people.

For now, I am continuing to work on the front groups, particularly Narconon, because my opinion is that they operate under a guise which presents the biggest danger to society as a whole. People are leaving the "church" (spit) in droves, there is lots of info out about the "church", but meanwhile, money flows to the top through Narconon, and vulnerable people are harmed, some even killed, vulnerable people who never meant to get involved with scientology or even knew that's what they were getting into, by practices designed to "make money, make more money, make other people produce so as to make more money", people be damned, money is all that matters.

If anyone wants to help us out, tell what you know about these front groups, dig up new info to reach the people being harmed, or make a difference in the front group arena, we would love to have you on Tipping Point - there are too few of us there to cover it all.

And thank you, everyone unnamed, for doing what you do.

G

Gottabrain

Thank you very much, Sheila Huber, #299!
http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?299

One more? Surely there are more than 299 ex-members of scientology...

:batseyelashes:

You're welcome, Ethercat.

Through the Door was one of the very first websites where we could voice our disagreements safely. It really makes me smile to see you still have it up.

Hey guys, can you please post your comments about your Scn experience on here? PLEASE?! You can do it Anonymously, you know.

Veda

Sponsor
I am pleased to say that Through the Door will celebrate its 10th Year Anniversary on March 28, 2012. I appreciate everyone who has done the interview there. You deserve a big THANK YOU! You have truly made the site what it is.

http://alley.ethercat.com/door/index.html
or
http://ThroughTheDoor.net

To the people who haven't done the interview: Consider this a stats push, ladies and gentlemen, and I am your reg.

There are currently 292 interviews there - I need to see 300 by the anniversary date. That's only 8 interviews needed to reach the target goal. I need anyone who hasn't done the interview to go now, and pull out all the stops to do it. Smash through all the barriers, and Keep Through the Door working!

Haha, just kidding, but I really would like to reach 300 by the anniversary, so if you haven't done one, and I know there are people here who haven't, please do one. Thanks, everyone!

Bump.

Jump

Operating teatime

317 interviews are there now.

With extensive comment and information like this:
But as far as a breaking point, where I started reading sites like this?

It was reading Karin Pouw state that Astra was never asked to have an abortion (I was outside the office, I heard the yelling). I remember my ex being sent to the decks and separated from me with a pregnancy scare.

It was reading the Church response to "Disconnection" to the media. I was present when an RTC terminal stood over a student to get him to disconnect from his dad.

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've said this before, but this thread is a good place to say it again.

It was THIS site that started my road out. I was still a true believer but wanted to buy a book I couldn't get at the Org (Small Common Words from KTL) so I did a Google search and and this site came up. I didn't initially realize it was "entheta" -- I saw "Through the Door" and thought of the door on the Orientation video opening up to eternity (I guess it was really "ethernity" that I was about to discover). :wink2: I thought it was going to be someone's success story :blink:

By the time I realized I was on an entheta site I was too curious. . . the first interview that came up was from ESMB's Alanzo, using his real name -- someone I had known personally while "in", who had been a dedicated Scientologist and great mentor to me. I was shocked, and the shell started to crack. It took me a while to come back and read the rest, but by the time I finished those interviews, I was well on my way to that clear mind I'd been looking for.

So glad you are doing this Ethercat -- I can't imagine how many people you've helped.

Like you this was my first entheta site and was by accident. I had forgotten the address of the local org and I looked on google for it in order to send in a check. For some reason Ethercat's site come up first and I found the interviews fascinating. It didn't stop me from sending the check but it did start me on the Scn internet journey which is continuing to this day. I even remarked in post a while back that I didn't know why there wasn't some more recent stories.

My story is so unremarkable with regard to Scn that I feel posting it would be rather anticlimatic but maybe I will someday.

I agree 100% you will never realize how maney you have helped, but a lot more than you can even imagine.

JustSheila

Crusader
Your site was the first one I ever posted on, I hadn't found ESMB. I was so very scared and excited at the same time and posting there was truly a huge step. Thankyou so much for all the work you have done!

:thankyou:

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: Through the door was the first one I posted on, too, but it was an interview, I don't think it was the same website. It was maybe 20 years ago when I did that interview and I was scared as hell. Does that sound right? Wasn't the Through The Door Interview one of the very first interviews exScns could fill out about their experiences?

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!

owl-chalkboard-thank-you.png

JustSheila

Crusader

For ten years, we've been on our own and moss rose fat on our rolling stone
but that's not how it used to be.

[video=youtube;ih7N9_VUU4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih7N9_VUU4U[/video]

Oh, and there we were all in one place
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again
So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Jack Flash sat on a candlestick
'Cause fire is the devil's only friend

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage
No angel born in Hell
Could break that Satan's spell

Thank you, Through the Door and every single person who has helped along the way to get to where we are now. :bighug:

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had forgotten all about this. I also filled in an interview survey. A long time ago, before I found anything else abut $cn. online.