What's new

Who you calling demon?

The idea of demonizing people is interesting how it plays out in Scientology as well as other parts of life. You see it in Scientology frequently - he's PTS, she's an SP, you're a DB (degraded being), or ethics bait or any of a long list of terms or labels. But lets take the case of the SP. When a person demonizes another in a group - he is taking the moral high ground. Calling something evil makes the namer righteous and as such can (and is justified) doing all sorts fair game BS.

You see this in Scientology big time - how they can destroy lives because the person is an SP and thus is evil. Many of us are hypocrites - in Scientology we can't understand how or why people would attack our wonderful religion, a religion that is saving mankind and is elevating him to his former repressed states, and raising this civilization from the barbarism it is foundering in. The hypocrisy comes from our not getting the gains, and thinking we are PTS, but we push it aside, suppress it, think "I'm not PTS", not be honest and not want to be demonized by the group, the group that is saving the planet.

But what happens when you leave the group? The indi's demonize DM, the exes demonize anybody who has any affiliation with Scientology. Demonization makes the person right for not belonging to the evil group. But how does the demonized person think? Is he happy to be called evil, to be shunned, to be cut off from his loved ones and friends? Does he demonize his oppressors? Can he allow Scientology to have any positive effects? Any workable technology?

It all seems to revolve around the need to be right. To think the right thoughts, wear the right hair style, have the right tattoo, fuck the right rock gods, to have the right technology to save man...

Right is might, and I guess right = survival.

Mimsey

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Scientology demonizes everyone who criticizes the cult, this is a protective mechanism to prevent members from thinking about the arguments used by the critics. Indies demonize DM to avoid dealing with the ugly truth of having spent huge amount of money, time and goodwill to promote a group that has never been genuinely kind and beneficial.

But exes do not demonize anybody affiliated with Scientology. Some may do it initially, when the anger is still burning brightly, but eventually they all come to realize that most Scientologists are kind and decent people whose kindness is ruthlessly exploited by the cult. That means we're talking about deserved criticism here. I know it annoys you to some extent that some lambast Scientology completely, because you think there is more good in it than most believe or are willing to admit, but to simply lump them together with deluded Scios and whihning Indies is too easy, IMHO.

Gadfly

Crusader

Mimsey

Attention on SURVIVAL is the key basic error in Hubbard's approach to a "spiritual subject". He began down that road with dianetics.

There is first spirit, and then there are the endless cycles talked about in the Vedic Hymms. The cycles, any cycle, is part of Maya - illusion. It is a product of spirit.

To get all worked up about "survival" is to get over-obsessed with the second part of any cycle of action (create-survive-destroy). Survival is that OBSESSION that the spirit has brought about with some or all aspects of the physical or mental universes.

It comes down to attachment. Concern for wanting something to continue, to persist, to survive, IS THE PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. Hubbard designed a subject that sucks people MORE into attachment, both with his subject, with the C of S, and with "physical survival".

A legitimate subject of the spirit differentiates between these things, and does NOT make "survival" as a life form some top level priority or concern. Spirit is beyond and basic to all these other things (or so the theory goes).

Hubbard tells people that he is gpoing to free them as a spirit, and then locks them into another game of survival. :duh:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
And then it becomes hypervigilence, a belief in the need for force, and ultimately a constant fear of being overwhelmed.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
The idea of demonizing people is interesting how it plays out in Scientology as well as other parts of life. You see it in Scientology frequently - he's PTS, she's an SP, you're a DB (degraded being), or ethics bait or any of a long list of terms or labels. But lets take the case of the SP. When a person demonizes another in a group - he is taking the moral high ground. Calling something evil makes the namer righteous and as such can (and is justified) doing all sorts fair game BS.

You see this in Scientology big time - how they can destroy lives because the person is an SP and thus is evil. Many of us are hypocrites - in Scientology we can't understand how or why people would attack our wonderful religion, a religion that is saving mankind and is elevating him to his former repressed states, and raising this civilization from the barbarism it is foundering in. The hypocrisy comes from our not getting the gains, and thinking we are PTS, but we push it aside, suppress it, think "I'm not PTS", not be honest and not want to be demonized by the group, the group that is saving the planet.

But what happens when you leave the group? The indi's demonize DM, the exes demonize anybody who has any affiliation with Scientology. Demonization makes the person right for not belonging to the evil group. But how does the demonized person think? Is he happy to be called evil, to be shunned, to be cut off from his loved ones and friends? Does he demonize his oppressors? Can he allow Scientology to have any positive effects? Any workable technology?

It all seems to revolve around the need to be right. To think the right thoughts, wear the right hair style, have the right tattoo, fuck the right rock gods, to have the right technology to save man...

Mimsey

I see what your saying and that's similar to how I twirl my thoughts.

I think you have to insert the word "intention" into that kind of thought to determine who should be criticized.

I'm not entirely done with my thinking on anything, but I figure if a person discounts another persons dreams and hopes to further their own...they can get the almighty finger pointed at them.

We all have dreams and wants and loves and such. The people the Nazi's killed had those things...but the Nazi's determined that those people's dreams and such impeded theirs.

Take it further, agreement. The Nazi party was full of people who agreed with the plan to better their lives by destroying others. A person who was a Nazi was in agreement with the intention.

Scn isn't as nasty as that group, but it does have a pretty dim view on the human race and does not help it out at all. And they, we, I agreed with that viewpoint and intention.

Since they do not help, but swallow up peoples dreams and energies, the subject and org of scn should be criticized and shamed. It's an absolute waste of human resources. I'm ashamed of the way I agreed with that viewpoint. I probably did cause some damage for some people. My agreement did cause damage to my life.

I remember clearly how everything about life was less important than scn. Let's hit em back.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I'd say that anything legal, which *doesn't* extend to demonisation is OK in expressing an opinion, but deliberately hurting somebodies feelings is best refrained from. :omg:

Terril park

Sponsor

Mimsey

Got you Mimsey

The prime data is grant beingness and ARCU. :)

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors
They take good, kind hearted people who want to help others and use these fine qualities against them to control them in every aspect of their lives. And as soon as they realize this and leave or fight back they automatically "turn into" DB's or SP's. Such evil horseshit.

Gadfly

Crusader
They take good, kind hearted people who want to help others and use these fine qualities against them to control them in every aspect of their lives. And as soon as they realize this and leave or fight back they automatically "turn into" DB's or SP's. Such evil horseshit.

:thumbsup:

That is an excellent summary of how and what the Scientology system does to people.

Veda

Sponsor
Got you Mimsey

The prime data is grant beingness and ARCU. :)

Can you help us "wogs" to "grant beingness" to L. Ron Hubbard?

From Rathbun's Blog:

"With all the chatter about L. Ron Hubbard's alleged shortcomings, it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any other civilian figure."

:yes: