What's new

Hello to All Who Just Watched Going Clear! :wave:

JustSheila

Crusader
Oh hell! I was so busy making sure I spell checked and quoted posts correctly, I missed a squabal break out.. AND my bottle of wine is gone so yall better take care of the toddler when he wakes up and his diaper needs a change!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :dieslaughing:

You're way too funny, MissWog, and how we've ALL missed you here!

MMMMMWA!!! :kiss:

Sindy

Crusader
Lonestar to say pointing out flaws is offensive is...illogicical . I see the flaws so I choose to address them

I never agreed to gush over the film and be grateful for anything - accurate or not .

The film could have in less than ten minutes given a very brief mention of the consistent findings on the mind control and a few Hubbard quotes to show he knew he enslaved - even an affirmation or two .

And then had Jon Atack or Steve Hassan very briefly mention a book or website for more info . Vital info pointed toward quickly .

And if they just included a tiny bit to show the stories they told represent a tiny amount of the consistent and continuos abuses I would have liked that .

These people are not exceptions or liars - in Scientology abuse is the norm and required by Hubbard in the doctrine .

I am not offended by the idea that you think it was "flawed". I just don't see it that way. I see that it is what it is and in a two hour time span I am sure A LOT was left on the cutting room floor and a definite path was followed with all audience members taken into account, least of which (in my opinion and rightly so) were former members. That would would be a silly audience to commercially cater to, being so much smaller than the public at large.

No two-hour documentary will include everything. A comprehensive series on this cult could go for a whole season, with many episodes.

Lone Star

Crusader
Oh hell! I was so busy making sure I spell checked and quoted posts correctly, I missed a squabal break out.. AND my bottle of wine is gone so yall better take care of the toddler when he wakes up and his diaper needs a change!

So sush! I (and I think *I* am correct here) don't think MB & LS are disagreeing (even if yall don't realize it it)

MBird is on to something, I've read or seen Gibney acknowledge that there is more story to be told

LStar, Yes I feel the same as you, if I understand you correctly, we should appreciate that this film was even made.

{{{{group hug}}}}

You've missed it over the last many months Miss Wog. MB is on a crusade to make sure everyone realizes how hypnotized they were/are. It is a fascinating subject, to be sure. But he drones on, and on, and on, and on about it. It's an obsession. To the point of him getting upset if you don't share that obsession. I've actually never addressed him over this until tonight. I just thought that, well, it's time.

But I'm not going to make a big deal over it. I'm not changing his mind, and he's not changing mine.

Unless I hypnotize him....that is.....

spiral_index.gif

:whistling:

Free Being Me

Crusader
It would've made me want to take out my pocket knife and start carving up my face.

Or maybe the face of the person next to me. Yeah...that sounds even better! :yes:

All the talk about hypnosis hypnotizes me. :ohmy: :wink2:

:hysterical:

I can see it now. Mr. Gibney, your documentary Going Clear, the huge expose about a criminal cult doesn't meet all of my criteria so as an Ex I'm pouting petulantly because it doesn't have enough me in it. Do you understand sir? Me, I'm talking about me. That's all that matters because I'm an authority on documentaries. Cue in Alex asking for that pocket knife.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Misswog , I have wasted too much time on squabbles already and am becoming efficient in ending them . I am not here to argue or exchange personal insults . So I strive to discourage that .

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
All depends about expectations.

My expectations were only - I knew there were truth that would be finally told to the public and that was great. (abuses in many ways)

What I got was way beyond I could expect
They had courage to dig deep into very ''taboo'' issues and how he got Marty and Mike to ''confess'' many huge things. They didn't avoid any Miscavige allegations.

It was 2 hours - not 4 so I guess they did pretty much a huge amount of work to cover a dozen of serious topic of abuse within the cherch, many that have never been covered at all in the past.

I won't be surprised that there will be a second part of this subject as there is enough materials to makes more revelations with some other topics like

- the admissions
- the hypnosis techniques
- the rpf
- the sec checks
- the introspection rundown and Lisa Macpherson
- the auditing at Flag and the Lisa Clause waiver
- The life of a sea org member
- the regging techniques
- The IAS regging locking people in a room

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Just so newbies arriving here have the complete picture, I hereby present;

The Aims Of Ex-Scientology

"A civilization without Kooks, without Moonbats and without Fucktards, where escapees from the cult-mindset can simply chillax and have the right to their own opinions, and where Exes are free to admit to having been wrong in the past, without shame or fear of recrimination, these are the aims of Ex-Scientology."

Free Being Me

Crusader
No question in my view, that MB is on to something...and Arnie too.

Just too much for me to get into, at this time.

There is some validity to hypnosis incorporated into $cientology but Arnie (and MB) equate EVERYTHING in $cientology is hypnosis like Alex Jones spreading a conspiracy theory with about as much believability so what is there to examine becomes a joke by their own doing.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
It would've made me want to take out my pocket knife and start carving up my face.

Or maybe the face of the person next to me. Yeah...that sounds even better! :yes:

All the talk about hypnosis hypnotizes me. :ohmy: :wink2:

attachment.php

:p

Attachments

• Im-to-tired-to-slap-you (400).jpg
    Im-to-tired-to-slap-you (400).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 80

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Just so newbies arriving here have the complete picture, I hereby present;

The Aims Of Ex-Scientology

"A civilization without Kooks, without Moonbats and without Fucktards, where escapees from the cult-mindset can simply chillax and have the right to their own opinions, and where Exes are free to admit to having been wrong in the past, without shame or fear of recrimination, these are the aims of Ex-Scientology."

:happydance::happydance:
:clap::clap::clap:

:biggrin:

MissWog

Misswog , I have wasted too much time on squabbles already and am becoming efficient in ending them . I am not here to argue or exchange personal insults . So I strive to discourage that .
MR/Ms mockingbird, don't take my comment as anything at all.. We don't know each other.. Sorry, very sorry, if my post read as a scolding or anything that well, sucked.

i like your posts.. I have a long time history with LoneStar and others here but you may not know me.. I just wrote what I felt, kinda assuming you knew me..but we don't know each other I guess.

i still think you both are right!

mockingbird

lotus , your list made me realize Chris Shelton has done an excellent job with all of those topics except hypnosis/mind control and with Jon Atack to consult on that together those two would be excellent consultants for a truly great future film . I hope the film makes the dominoes fall and if it does that will be a great start !! The next major film can protect all the Scientologists from just being scooped up , or wandering as broken wrecks .

The feeling of having failed and being a degraded being who did not rate Hubbard's "technology" is one I hope they escape quickly . This film was mainly for the never ins to create outrage to stir government action .

I applaud that with all my heart . I am more concerned with Scientologists and their future . I want many of them to avoid hardships , some of which I faced .

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
MR/Ms mockingbird, don't take my comment as anything at all.. We don't know each other.. Sorry, very sorry, if my post read as a scolding or anything that well, sucked.

i like your posts.. I have a long time history with LoneStar and others here but you may not know me.. I just wrote what I felt, kinda assuming you knew me..but we don't know each other I guess.

i still think you both are right!

MB has a good heart. He's just never been a target of mine and I didn't want him to be denied of that experience. :biggrin:

BTW I've been watching the 7th season of Mad Men which of course co-stars your avatar.

I know Elisabeth Moss is a Scilon, so from now on she will always be Peggy to me.

mockingbird

Misswog , I found all your comments to be perfectly acceptable . I just wanted to point out my position : If I find myself being attacked I try to get and stay out of that . I accept respectful disagreement but not being misrepresented , lied about or simply insulted .I did not think you did any of those things .

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Mockingbird,

Yes

I think there is ''meat'' to cover in another part.
Probably, later on, we should make a thread dedicated to the
topics we suggest Gibney to adress.

I believe that this documentary will get more money in than they would expect.
So a part 2 might be to think about!

But now, I think presently, we shall, all together share hapiness and chill , have fun and laugh, relax,
as it is a great victory and a moment of truth that many other have not seen. But we did!
And we are here to see the results of the evil truth finally exposed world wide and perhaps the beginning of the collapse.

A ponzi scheme always collapse when there is not enough people ($$$$) coming in as most know the ponzi scheme.