What's new

In Re David Mayo

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Originally Posted by David Mayo View Post
Yes I did.

I love this! Welcome to esmb, David Mayo.

I have for years and years wanted to thank you. In 1979 Debbie Mace asked me, "When are you going to go Clear?" I answered: "Next lifetime, due to Epilepsy".

She: " :bs: Write to the Senior C/S, David Mayo! He will help you."

I did, and keep in mind Tons and tons of people here in LA had told me over and over: "You need a PTS Handling".

So Then I wrote to you...and YOU wrote back: "You need a PTS handling".

Me: That's it??? THAT's F*** IT???
I wrote you back: "You are the Senior C/S on the PLANET And all you can say is the same :bs: these morons here in LA say? (Sorry, but you were my last hope, so I was ticked off, seriously).

You wrote me a 6 page hand written letter, which I still have and just learned to scan---so IF I can, I'll scan it in. It was truly and honestly a MAJOR change in my life, and I cannot thank you enough. (You totally backed me up, re needing to take my medicine, and told me: "If you need to, come to Flag and I'll back you up". I did, too!) :thankyou::hifive: :thankyou:

:happydance: :bighug:

My love and great wishes to you,

Tory/Magoo
www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
Facebook: Tory Christman
Burbank, CA
(818) 588-3044
[email protected]
IF you want to chat....drop me a line, or call.

GLH

Patron
Thanks

Glad you are here and say hello to Julie when you see her. She audited me to within inches of my life. lol :) Much love to you both!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
1. Marty started things off with his Natter Fest about David Mayo posted to his blog.

2. That inspired a few regulars on his blog to counter some of Marty's more outrageous statements.

3. That inspired yet more natter from Marty about David.

4. That inspired a few of the esmb types to chime in at Marty's place with some facts from the '80s to counter Marty's OSA Centric Spin.

5. That led to some excellent new revelatory material from Marty Ruston concerning those days and how Marty was misrepresenting matters.

6. Some of Martin's material was also released to MR's blog.

7. This was followed by the appearance of Robin Scott on esmb as a new member with his accounting of what happened in the early days of the '80s independent movement and how the Co$ NOTS materials were 'unofficially released' to the field.

8. And the big surprise of the week has clearly been David Mayo's reappearance in a public setting communicating with old friends & new.

Absolutely Astounding!

Mark A. Baker

I was thinking the same thing. To me it's the HATE that's woven into scn. Scios do it because Hubbo was so full of it with his constant, carping criticism of doctors, psychiatrists, govts, wogs and on and on. But that same hate is what will/already has destroyed scn because it really just puts people off.

I remember my first serious concerns about DM was when I was watching a video in an HGC. It had Hubbard with his "what is greatness" bit and love in spite of all. And then not long after DM comes on saying "we don't hate psychiatrists... we despise them." I knew then that he was not qualified to be any sort of religious leader.

Of course I realized later Hubbard was just putting on an act and that really his disdain for others is the stink you can never wash out of scn and what backfires on anybody else who choses to try to emulate Hubbard.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wonder

I wonder if Marty is pooping his pants about now, realizing his post has brought out David Mayo - :lol:

It's one thing to pick on someone who isn't around to defend self, and quite another when the bashed person steps up (so to speak) to the basher, face to face. So to speak.

Hi :wave: and :welcome2: David Mayo :bravo: :yes: :D

Jewel's Hands : These hands are small I know - We'll fight, not out of spite, For someone must stand up for what is right, (thank you David), 'Cause where there is a man with no voice, There we shall sing, These hands are small I know, But they're not yours, They are my own, I am never broken . . .

Last edited:

rhill

Patron with Honors
1. Marty started things off with his Natter Fest about David Mayo posted to his blog.

2. That inspired a few regulars on his blog to counter some of Marty's more outrageous statements.

3. That inspired yet more natter from Marty about David.

4. That inspired a few of the esmb types to chime in at Marty's place with some facts from the '80s to counter Marty's OSA Centric Spin.

5. That led to some excellent new revelatory material from Marty Ruston concerning those days and how Marty was misrepresenting matters.

6. Some of Martin's material was also released to MR's blog.

7. This was followed by the appearance of Robin Scott on esmb as a new member with his accounting of what happened in the early days of the '80s independent movement and how the Co$ NOTS materials were 'unofficially released' to the field.

8. And the big surprise of the week has clearly been David Mayo's reappearance in a public setting communicating with old friends & new.

Absolutely Astounding!

Mark A. Baker

Excellent summary, you just condensed pages upon pages of posts.

I wonder if Marty is pooping his pants about now, realizing his post has brought out David Mayo - :lol:

It's one thing to pick on someone who isn't around to defend self, and quite another when the bashed person steps up (so to speak) to the basher, face to face. So to speak.

Hi :wave: and :welcome2: David Mayo :bravo: :yes: :D

What does Marty have to lose? He's little more that one of Miscavige's waterboys that he happened to kick to the curb.

He's so far beyond his 'fifteen minutes of fame' he couldn't catch a bus back to his fifteen minutes of fame.

He'll continue to milk the suckers who haven't figured out what a fuckbag Hubbard was for all they are worth until the cow runs out of milk, then he'll go back what ever it was he was doing before he started his blog.

He basically turned into the Sarah Palin of Scientology, a dysfunctional freak show with a handful of painfully stupid followers.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I was suspicious.

I was straightforward (and maybe wrong) about "Lisa Ann Marie", "Jesse Prince".... some others.

I was a bit paranoid for some time after I joined this board.

But WTF? - Does this board has be be paranoid about newcomers all the time?

Sorta.

People worry about OSA. There also are some former long time church members here who know some of the more public and well known Scn'ists and ex Scn'ists, so, as friends, perhaps some of the people here are just looking out for the REAL individuals who truly bear those names.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorta.

People worry about OSA. There also are some former long time church members here who know some of the more public and well known Scn'ists and ex Scn'ists, so, as friends, perhaps some of the people here are just looking out for the REAL individuals who truly bear those names.

The infamous "some former long time church members"....who are these folks, Claire? If you're going to insinuate that this poster, David Mayo, is not who he says he is, the least you can do is tell all who this unknown, back channeling squad of know-it-all "Friends" are.

I say hello David, and until he starts doing OSA shit---which frankly, what you just did is FAR more "OSA like" than anything he's posted, leave him alone...let him talk. Stop trying to "Sec Check" the guy.

It'll all fall out in the wash. Every hear that?

Have a nice day!

Tory/Magoo

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The infamous "some former long time church members"....who are these folks, Claire? If you're going to insinuate that this poster, David Mayo, is not who he says he is, the least you can do is tell all who this unknown, back channeling squad of know-it-all "Friends" are.

I say hello David, and until he starts doing OSA shit---which frankly, what you just did is FAR more "OSA like" than anything he's posted, leave him alone...let him talk. Stop trying to "Sec Check" the guy.

It'll all fall out in the wash. Every hear that?

Have a nice day!

Tory/Magoo

Geez, Tory, all I was doing was answering VaD. I did not question David Mayo or write anything implying anything about this guy. I don't know. And not only do I not know, I did not speculate ANYTHING. I do not have a dog in this fight.

I think you misunderstood.

VaD thought people were a bit too paranoid and asked does this have to be like that here. In response, I wrote a post about how people might have reason to be so.

Lots of people here who were in CofS for years and years and years and years and who actually knew some Cof$ management types. Such as, Mick Wenlock knew Guillaume LeSevre. So if somebody came here (which they didn't) claiming to be Guillaume, Mick would feel concerned if he thought it was a fake or a troll.

So like I said, there're reasons for people to be concerned or interested. Sometimes cuz they may've known the actual person, and sometimes cuz they have had experience with being targetted in some stupid op or their friends did.

Again, all I was doing was answering VaD about the paranoia that he feels happens here. I wrote nothing even remotely OSA like or negative about David Mayo or about any other contributor in the post you quoted. Nor did I try to sec check anyone.

Geez, Tory, all I was doing was answering VaD. I did not question David Mayo or write anything implying anything about this guy. I don't know. And not only do I not know, I did not speculate ANYTHING. I do not have a dog in this fight.

I think you misunderstood.

VaD thought people were a bit too paranoid and asked does this have to be like that here. In response, I wrote a post about how people might have reason to be so. ...

Many people who are 'out' feel a bit 'paranoid' and with very good cause, Tory, as you know. As Fluff, says she was simply addressing this aspect of VaD's question.

Not all people on the board really understand exactly who David is, or what he has accomplished. Ergo, they don't necessarily understand why his sudden reappearance might cause some of us to wonder if we were being 'played' by OSA or some 'mischievous sprite'. For those who do understand the questions are natural. David's renewed presence is for many a big deal. A little residual doubt is not unexpected.

The good news is that it's all real. It's good to reconnect with old friends. David is a very welcome new addition to the community.

Mark A. Baker

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
David Mayo

Welcome to ESMB David. You will find a lot of friends here. Looking forward to any information that you can send to us about WTFH.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB David. You will find a lot of friends here. Looking forward to any information that you can send to us about WTFH.

From what "David Mayo" said last night, while on chat with a few of us, he can say "nothing about S or D" and left it at that.
Emma even deleted the logs, so what I just said didn't occur.

I only mention it, so people don't keep hoping *he* will tell them
all or some of what they'd like to know.

My suggestion (not his) is to post your e-mail, and IF he wants to contact *you*...then he can, privately.

Publicly: How's life David? I agree with you re planting your own veg's. Also, have any of you ever heard of "Tiny little houses"?

Just curious. Google it, it's quite interesting stuff.

Happy Tuesday to all :hifive:

Tory/Magoo
[email protected]
Burbank, CA
(818) 588-3044

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
:roflmao::lol::hysterical::hysterical: :roflmao: :roflmao:

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn:

I've been wanting to tell you, since you arrived here,
I LOVE that nick. Where in Hell did you come up with *that*? (If you don't want to answer, please don't. If you can, please do.
Either way---it makes me laugh, each time I see it~!)

Just curious---and thanks for the laugh!

Tory/Magoo

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Tory,

Hope you read Mark's and my responses. I've absolutely no concern or speculations about David Mayo in re ESMB or anything else; nor have I stated or implied any.

I trust that this sets the matter straight.

Patricia Curtis

Patron with Honors
:roflmao::lol::hysterical::hysterical: :roflmao: :roflmao:

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn:

I've been wanting to tell you, since you arrived here,
I LOVE that nick. Where in Hell did you come up with *that*? (If you don't want to answer, please don't. If you can, please do.
Either way---it makes me laugh, each time I see it~!)

Just curious---and thanks for the laugh!

Tory/Magoo

Speaking of nics, I picked the most popular thread of the day to announce that Emma has graciously changed my name from Resistance is Futile to my real name, Patricia Curtis. :) Thanks Emma!

Also, hello Dave Mayo. Windsurfing. Kewel!

(Thanks for letting me hijack your post, Tory. <3u!!)

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
Speaking of nics, I picked the most popular thread of the day to announce that Emma has graciously changed my name from Resistance is Futile to my real name, Patricia Curtis. :) Thanks Emma!

Also, hello Dave Mayo. Windsurfing. Kewel!

(Thanks for letting me hijack your post, Tory. <3u!!)

Nice.

:thumbsup:

mm&I
aka Larry Moore, lol