What's new

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 million to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Rathbun Federal Suit regarding Lisa McPherson #30 million cover-up

When I first got into the Cult..the DSA showed me the dead agenting material the CULT made up as to what happened to Lisa McPherson - it said she died of an embolism. I bought it because I could not even fathom that this type of stuff happened in life. I was so trusting and believed everything - just goes to show you how good I am!! :biggrin:

Now that I "know how to know" ~ I am utterly disgusted and sickened as to how much this Cult lies and deceives everyone....even that poor DSA guy! He is the biggest fool being fooled - he is still there defending the Cult with all the preprinted "dead agent" material justifying and denying .. justifying and denying...justifying and denying.

And they lose a little more of their sanity and their true selves each time they cover up and excuse the crimes...a little bit each time until there is NO ONE HOME! They are insane!:omg:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Well Jesus Herbert Walker Christ! The canary is finally gonna sing! This is truly epic! Merry Early Christmas, ESMB!

:drama:

Steve Hall has huge KSW balls. Marty's must be bigger. Marty has to show he is doing his KSW General Inspector Whatever. His OSA out-side-the-org stats must be more than hot air otherwise they'll be false stats and Ethics Super Thetan, Steve will have him shaking in his boots. BTW, I might call Marty MOSA from now on because whatever he is doing is part of his true believer OSA SO mission, right?

I hope that story he gave to Dandar is not full of holes. I guess since he is mentioning judges, and all sorts of law types as possibly corrupt the thing will have to have legs because the good ones will want to see their names kept clean. If it is not full of holes, I assume the media are going to be all over it like flies over shit (a phrase I picked up recently from ESMB), and if media has it, all accused parties and those who are guilty by association, or could be seen to be guilty will be wanting to talk to keep the crap from sticking to them. When these possibly big nasty things appear, I am always not sure if such a huge megaload of entheta could really have arrived. Is there a God after all? :)

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

snip....

BTW, I might call Marty MOSA from now on because whatever he is doing is part of his true believer OSA SO mission, right?

snip...

Is there a God after all? :)

Well, there is a semi-retired Inspector General (Ethics) living in and trying to breed more onion cores. I wonder if he has any sense of smell.

I am grateful that Marty has made this deposition, yet I am inclined to think it was because he decided to draw his gun first in a final? fatal? shoot out.

Props to Ken Dandar, may the justice he fought so long and hard for finally arrive at his doorstep.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh my (rubbing hands together)

up to page 37, my GOD, this is devastating...(emphasis mine)

"..I can tell you that there were a number of PIs who went to virtually all your clients -- your former clients who could be found, who talked them up just like the same program I told you about the judges, you know , try to buddy up to them, try to get them to detest you or criticize you, and if they could get -- if they could drive a wedge, they'd work it out over months and years to get them to turn on you."

once the truth starts coming out it will all have to come out

without truth you have nothing

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors

Post on Marty's blog with accompanying thread:

$30 Million Cover Up
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/30-million-cover-up/
$30 Million Cover Up

Posted on November 16, 2012 by martyrathbun09 | 39 Comments

Apparently a simple, hour-long deposition taken of me last week is beginning to create quite the tempest in Tampa, Florida. Click headline below for link:

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 mil to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

FULL DEPOSITION TRANSCRIPT OF MARK ‘MARTY’ RATHBUN:

deposition of marty rathbun

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

This depo will give Miscavage a nice case of the runs in advance of his GAT2 extravaganza.... he he he

Q: What do you call Marty Rathbun's one hour deposition on Lisa McPherson case 'black-lawyering'.

A: A good start.

Keep it coming Marty...:yes:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

(about Bob Minton)

http://www.lermanet.com/audio/bob-arnie2.wmv
Above are Bob's and my segments from NBC Dateline in 1997

"I mean, we -- we were investigating him back to the doctor that delivered him, um, and, um, and we -- and we got it to a point where we had, um, actually gotten some of his funds frozen, um, by a governmental body or a banking commission, either in switzerland or somewhere in europe, Luxembourg, wherever it was, and that he freaked -- and that freaked him out"

This was back in 96!!

After Bob got a call from a person at his bank in Geneva, alerting him that the swiss financial police were making inquiries bob did FREAK. He called me that night, it had been a while, asking for help and I told him I knew someone who might be able to fix it, who was an analyst at FinnCenn, US Dept of Treasury Financial crimes and Money Laundering Division...this person, who I believe was referred to as The Fatman, went to Geneva, where he dicovered that David Lebow, the PI,

I just happen to have an picture of him on my site:

david-lebow-clam-pi.jpg

had hired the head of the Geneva Bar Association, and told him a 'shore story" about a hateful religious bigot who was criticizing a minority religion in america.. (He never mentioned $cientology).. Lebow had some piece of paper that $cientology had purchased from the Nigerian Senate that raised questions about some work Mr Minton had previously performed for the benefit of The Nation of Nigeria, who had issued tons of Nigerian Government Bonds (Soveriegn debt) which had been rated as Junk and were trading for 20 cents on the dollar, but Nigeia's fortunes had changed, there was the coming oil crisis in 1971 was it? And oil was going up, and Nigeia had a shitpot of the stuff, and had a plan to buy back their debt while it was 20 cents on the dollar, they went to Soloman Brothers, and Soloman Brothers said they would do it, for 3% commission, buy up all their Nigerian Government Bonds quietly, on the sly......Bob's partner Jeff did a bit of business in Nigeria already, and caught wind of the offer and He and Bob Minton, told the Government of Nigeria that they would buy up their debt quietly for 2% commission. They got the job. Bob and Jeff set up front corporations all over the world, and those companies quietly bought up nigeria's debt for - Bob told me I think it was 22 cents on the dollar! and Bob and his partner, got TWO percent of Nigeria's entire government debt. Thats how Bob became a Millionaire...When the head of the Geneva Bar Association found out who his client really was, everything went away very quickly and Bob Minton believed, for at least a while, that I had helped save his fortune.

arnie lerma

without the truth you have nothing.

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

They are insane!:omg:

The worst adversary to litigate is an insane person with more money than sense.

Comment on deposition:

The description of whats done to judges was also described by Jessie Prince

Short and sweet, more like:

That deposition was like the carnival barker enticing the crowd to watch the coming show!

Good job Marty!

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron

TL;DRmostofit

But, wow, if Marty is telling the truth, good on him for making some progress towards justice. Can't be easy.
pp 44-45

Q. How did they get Bob Minton to turn against me?

A. Long story. You're going to have to ask Mike Rinder, um, because -- because Mike Rinder, you know, did -- did the whole thing. But, you know, part of it was -- I mean, I do know the first side of it, which is the three years leading up to him breaking, and that is, again, all these forms of pressure, um, that I was describing to you that you're familiar with that were directed against you by virtue of bringing a case against Scientology. All of that pressure, I was very much involved in that. :whipped: I mean, we -- we were investigating him back to the doctor that delivered him, um, and, um, and we -- and we got it to a point where we had, uh, we had gotten to a point where we had, um, actually got some of the funds -- some of his funds frozen, um, by a governmental body or a banking commission, either in Switzerland or somewhere in Europe, Luxembourg, whatever it was, and that freaked -- and that freaked him out. That was the -- that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

And a Dr. Seuss award goes to the Corrections Addendumographer.
pg 55
"C" should be "Sea"
"lou" should be "Lee"
"schooze" should be "schmooze"
"A" should be "Q"
:headspin: :kangaroo: :headspin:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Marty got that part wrong, that wasn't "the straw that broke his back", that was in 96/7, winter, it was cold out, his back was just fine for many years until the symptoms of battle fatigue ensued.

Source:

and all the browbeating he recieved on the net did affect him...

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

I wonder - has the statute of limitations run on Marty's involvement? If so, they will move heaven and earth to shut him up. Maybe those two defrocked PI's will be back on the payroll... It is beginning to sound like the RTC is a revolving door of cash for payoffs.

Generally, it's 3-5 years depending what state it is. Marty can no longer be prosecuted for witness tampering. That's not to say he won't revise history to make himself look less criminal.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-are-the-statute-of-limitations-in-florida-for-607906.html

I find it interesting that Marty only agreed to give Ken Dandar an hour for the depo. Since this is now part of the court record in a lawsuit, Marty won't be able to set the terms of the depo if he is subpoenaed by Dandar or the cult in the future.

Marty provides some interesting info, especially, with regards to unethical practices of Scientology attorneys & court judges..

Debby comes up a few times in the depo - as a person with a key role, which, I'll bet, is why she got a juicy chunk out of David's piggy bank.

What is astonishing, is the lengths they will go through to influence the outcome of things. It would seem there is no limit to what they will spend to make these things go away.

Especially chilling was the "power communication lines data base" and how they feed it with data (overt and covert) to find out who has influence concerning the church. It reminds me of a version of the Shore Watch database (or whatever the hell they call it) where they see all of the connections between the staff at INT and their families etc. so they can track them down when they blow. Draconian.

Mimsey

That's not to say he won't revise history to make himself look less criminal.
I like the part where he claims they settled because he was in Clearwater, and was a "loose cannon" and they ( Miscavage et. all) were afraid of what he might say. Leave it to Marty to grandstand and take all of the credit. P 23 starting with line 6.

Mimsey

RolandRB

Rest in Peace

I like the part where he claims they settled because he was in Clearwater, and was a "loose cannon" and they ( Miscavage et. all) were afraid of what he might say. Leave it to Marty to grandstand and take all of the credit. P 23 starting with line 6.

Mimsey

Can somebody please summarise what is going on? Who is suing who and for what reason and what is the hoped for outcome? This is confusing to me.

Dandar is the one suing the church. See this link for more data: https://ortegaunderground.wordpress...y-using-state-courts-to-cause-him-utter-ruin/

It really seems like there is a standard lawsuit format going - embarass the church with some of it's dirty laundry, then hold out a pen for them to fill in a number on their check with a lot of zeros in it.....

This one seems to be going the same direction. Who's deposition is going to be released to the media next ? Rinder? Debbie? One of the ex parte judges?

Mimsey

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

It will be interesting to see if Mike Rinder agrees to be depo'd? Marty attested that Mike was directly involved in the handling of Lisa McPherson.

Sindy

Crusader

I can dream, can't I? I'd like to see Rathbun spill his guts. Give him immunity, whatever, couldn't care less. Get him on the stand and let him sing like Joe Valachi. I want to see mouldy scab of $cientology secrets regarding Lisa McPherson`s death ripped off and disinfected with sunlight, and more. Let`s get the entire stinking shit pile of $cientology criminality out in the open for all to see, in court. All the slime and dirt that he can come up with. C'mon, Marty, here's your chance. Expiation is good for the soul. Show us what you got. Are you the moral leader of the new improved brand of $cientology. Prove it.

:thumbsup: Excellent post.

I had to look up Joe Valachi (hey, what can I say, I live a sheltered life - lol). Great example/analogy.

Come on Marty, sing it! Sing like a bird...