What's new

13 March 2008 event prediction, SH size requirements, OT IX and X

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have good reason to believe DM will take his next strategic step in releasing OT IX and X this LRH Birthday event.

The next step in preparation for this release is changing the requirements for Saint Hill Size orgs.

This is an important matter, for you might think it would be impossible or at least a very difficult thing for DM to change one of the best known -- at least to staff -- LRH policies. But not so: He already briefed Milano 'Ideal Org' staff on this strategy as a 'pilot' to see how they react, and management has been briefed and nobody seemed to have any great objection to it.

How can this be?

Pretty easy: Purpose is above policy, so DM is taking the angle of what the purpose of 339R and Saint Hill size is: To get all orgs in the world above the make-break point. Combined with personal incentive to staff members, it will succeed, and that is exactly how he has it laid out: The new basis for Saint Hill size is going to be staff pay.

The story is long and boring and goes back to when DM visited Saint Hill and took a look at the SH student enrollment records from the SH boom days... (This is undoubtedly the way he is going to start his presentation.) But, basically, the end result is going to be a whole different set of requirements, radically lower than the current requirements for Saint Hill size, and staff will be happy as the key requirement is '' the same or slightly better pay for staff as the average wage for a similar job in the wog world.'' What staff member would not vouch for that, after making virtually no income for decades working for Scientology, but rather having been forced to moonlight and sacrifice whatever else they made otherwise? I don't think anyone is going to be asking 'is this based on LRH?' especially since DM, true to style, is going to make sure the 'applicable' LRH references will be a central part of the briefing. 'Applicable' won't include the current standards for SH size.

It is probably clear for most people why is this the next big strategic step toward releasing OT IX and X: The last major prerequisite, and the worst bugged one, to be filled is 'all orgs in the world the size of old Saint Hill.'

So we should shortly see DM's debug: Change the requirements.

I am rather certain the release of OT IX and X will be timed with the 20th anniversary of Freewinds. Whether it can be pulled off by that time is a different question, but it is without question DM's intention. It has been in the making for several years. With recent events, this is a very likely thing to be implemented at this time.

The implementation includes changing the finance system for orgs to make this possible.

If not part of the public event, it might be a 'special briefing for staff only,' in which case we won't see it featured. That might be a preferable way for DM, as then a 'miraculous' expansion could be made to take place, with all orgs suddenly going 'SH size' without the public even knowing about the change in requirements. DM could then also make it look like Scientologist had suddenly risen up to the occasion due to an 'external enemy,' to try and motivate the public. Yes, that too is predictable as the sun rising.

Either way, I think this data should be disseminated broadly before the event so that as many Scientologist and staff know of it beforehand.

One of two things could happen as a result: 1) Any Scientology public who hears of it first from outside sources would be less likely to fall for DMs crap on March 13th and have the cognition that the outside world knows more than the average staff member or 2) DM would have to give up on that strategy or at least radically modify it or delay its implementation. Would be a win either way.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Like any Saint hill Size org, a month after it is deemed Saint Hill Size it will crash. Not because I said so.... Thats the reality based on stats. How many kept SH size status?

And within 3 months, ethics missions will be in the org...

I've seen it all before.

Save your 4 weeks of good pay guys. You will need it later.

Div6

Crusader
LBV speaks great sooth. If you can't make the goal, move the goal posts.

However, can he change the "Every Org" part? Even with improved Staff Pay, the number of small and failing orgs far outweigh the large ones. And while we have seen the CLO's stat push one or two over the make-break point, they never stay there very long.

Be interesting to see how he will try to spin that.

Of course, if they HAD any OT's they would not have the problems they now have. The FZ has "bigger OT's" currently....

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
DM definitely has to do something. The protests are sure to make public and staff start to wonder about stuff. And I'm sure he'll spin it so it all makes "perfect sense".

Little Bear Victor

However, can he change the "Every Org" part? Even with improved Staff Pay, the number of small and failing orgs far outweigh the large ones. And while we have seen the CLO's stat push one or two over the make-break point, they never stay there very long.

Be interesting to see how he will try to spin that.

Div6, I don't know, but let me guess: How many orgs were there in the world when LRH announced the Birthday Game? Who says all CURRENT orgs need to be SH size? "That's not what LRH meant," was it?

(Actually I probably shouldn't give that idea to DM, he'll use it...)

nowout

Patron with Honors
I have good reason to believe DM will take his next strategic step in releasing OT IX and X this LRH Birthday event.

LBV, I'm wondering what resources DM has in compiling, piloting and finalizing the new levels, what with Ray being in the SP room (and tech terminals blown or offloaded)?

Are you saying that he's bypassing and doing it all himself, as usual?

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron

The next step in preparation for this release is changing the requirements for Saint Hill Size orgs.

This is an important matter, for you might think it would be impossible or at least a very difficult thing for DM to change one of the best known -- at least to staff -- LRH policies. But not so: He already briefed Milano 'Ideal Org' staff on this strategy as a 'pilot' to see how they react, and management has been briefed and nobody seemed to have any great objection to it.

How can this be?

Pretty easy: Purpose is above policy, so DM is taking the angle of what the purpose of 339R and Saint Hill size is: To get all orgs in the world above the make-break point. Combined with personal incentive to staff members, it will succeed, and that is exactly how he has it laid out: The new basis for Saint Hill size is going to be staff pay.

The story is long and boring and goes back to when DM visited Saint Hill and took a look at the SH student enrollment records from the SH boom days... (This is undoubtedly the way he is going to start his presentation.) But, basically, the end result is going to be a whole different set of requirements, radically lower than the current requirements for Saint Hill size, and staff will be happy as the key requirement is '' the same or slightly better pay for staff as the average wage for a similar job in the wog world.'' What staff member would not vouch for that, after making virtually no income for decades working for Scientology, but rather having been forced to moonlight and sacrifice whatever else they made otherwise? I don't think anyone is going to be asking 'is this based on LRH?' especially since DM, true to style, is going to make sure the 'applicable' LRH references will be a central part of the briefing. 'Applicable' won't include the current standards for SH size.

It is probably clear for most people why is this the next big strategic step toward releasing OT IX and X: The last major prerequisite, and the worst bugged one, to be filled is 'all orgs in the world the size of old Saint Hill.'

I am rather certain the release of OT IX and X will be timed with the 20th anniversary of Freewinds. Whether it can be pulled off by that time is a different question, but it is without question DM's intention. It has been in the making for several years. With recent events, this is a very likely thing to be implemented at this time.

The implementation includes changing the finance system for orgs to make this possible.

If not part of the public event, it might be a 'special briefing for staff only,' in which case we won't see it featured. That might be a preferable way for DM, as then a 'miraculous' expansion could be made to take place, with all orgs suddenly going 'SH size' without the public even knowing about the change in requirements. DM could then also make it look like Scientologist had suddenly risen up to the occasion due to an 'external enemy,' to try and motivate the public. Yes, that too is predictable as the sun rising.

Either way, I think this data should be disseminated broadly before the event so that as many Scientologist and staff know of it beforehand.

One of two things could happen as a result: 1) Any Scientology public who hears of it first from outside sources would be less likely to fall for DMs crap on March 13th and have the cognition that the outside world knows more than the average staff member or 2) DM would have to give up on that strategy or at least radically modify it or delay its implementation. Would be a win either way.

Well, we know with the income for the Sea Org that Sea Org members for DECADES should have been able to get the same pay as "wogs." (I hate this term, it is such a degrade ser fac slur)

Will he apply this new idea to the Sea Org staff?

Will he mention anything about lowering the taxes the Sea Org puts on the Orgs so the staff can have any pay?

Will he mention any tax breaks from CofS Internal Revenue Branches like SMI, ABLE, WISE, Applied Scholastics, etc etc?

With the structure the way it is the Managment has been taking all the money available.

Will they let anyone else have any?

T.O.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
LBV, I'm wondering what resources DM has in compiling, piloting and finalizing the new levels, what with Ray being in the SP room (and tech terminals blown or offloaded)?

Why wouldn't he? He mentioned at the last big event he had finally made it through reading Dianetics.

T.O.

Div6

Crusader
Well, we know with the income for the Sea Org that Sea Org members for DECADES should have been able to get the same pay as "wogs." (I hate this term, it is such a degrade ser fac slur)

Will he mention anything about lowering the taxes the Sea Org puts on the Orgs so the staff can have any pay?

Will he mention any tax breaks from CofS Internal Revenue Branches like SMI, ABLE, WISE, Applied Scholastics, etc etc?

With the structure the way it is the Managment has been taking all the money available.

T.O.

And that raises a question I have had for a while. From my limited exposure, it seems that the focus in the orgs has been Building donos and IAS cycles. Courses and auditing being de-emphasized. The church doesn't have to report the donos, but it does have to report the income from services delivered.

First, is that a valid observation. If so, how will they do both?

Little Bear Victor

I don't know enough about OT levels to answer on this. For all I know, someone just needs to type up the auditing questions. But, at the other end of the spectrum of possibilities, the levels may not really even exist as anything but LRH notes on his own sessions, completely unorganized. All I've ever seen is one photo of two filing cabinets presumably containing all of LRH's "research" for the rest of the OT levels on the Bridge.

It's rather theoretical, but I would say he'll assign Ray Mithoff and Sue Wilhere (both in SP Room) and a couple of other guys to it, subsequently rejects the work as 'suppressive alter-is,' takes what they did, finishes it off and says he did it all by himself. That's what he has done with almost every production cycle for as long back as I know.

T.O.

Anyone else than who? "Management" isn't really the recipient of the monies although it may be the collector thereof. Yes, they do get some money for running expenses, but DM has made sure their FP#1 is absolute minimum, and they don't often get even that. While no expert on finance lines either, as far as I know, the money goes largely to SOR and other accounts under DM's direct control.

I believe SO member 'allocation' has gone up once in the last 20 year's time to the current breathtaking $50 (minus medicare -- and what the heck did we pay medicare for if we couldn't get any medical care is beyond me).

Remember, that DM says Org staff will get the same pay as wogs doesn't mean they will, but it does sound promising, like everything else in Scientology.

And that raises a question I have had for a while. From my limited exposure, it seems that the focus in the orgs has been Building donos and IAS cycles. Courses and auditing being de-emphasized. The church doesn't have to report the donos, but it does have to report the income from services delivered.

First, is that a valid observation. If so, how will they do both?

Your observation is valid -- donations against no service but a promise of Scientology expansion is the most major income source now. As to finance lines -- we need to ask someone who worked in Int Finance to explain that mess.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

How can this be?

There is a way to finance this without actually making any huge changes and without it impacting policy either. Give the orgs 20% of the IAS money regged in any one week for staff pay. ( in addition to the 30% of CGI) the IAS slush fund provides many opportunities for this sort of thing.

I suspect LBV, that you are correct. DM is going to have to wave something significant in front of the faithful next month or he is goign to look like he is losing - even to them.

SarahNW

Patron
Huh, I was JUST talking about this with a friend of mine. I said the same thing, almost word-for-word, as LBV did. :p

I completely agree.

I've always felt that DM was saving 9 and 10 for one of several reasons:

1) He wanted to keep them in reserve in case Scn ever got into trouble
2) He wanted to keep them in reserve in case Scn ever needed a sudden and major cash injection
3) He wanted to keep them in reserve until there were more OT8s sitting around

Or all three.

Who else thinks that DM, with his famous talent for hyperbole and exaggeration, will set a totally ridiculous target for the release of OT11 and 12? Speculations on that target?

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Huh, I was JUST talking about this with a friend of mine. I said the same thing, almost word-for-word, as LBV did. :p

I completely agree.

I've always felt that DM was saving 9 and 10 for one of several reasons:

1) He wanted to keep them in reserve in case Scn ever got into trouble
2) He wanted to keep them in reserve in case Scn ever needed a sudden and major cash injection
3) He wanted to keep them in reserve until there were more OT8s sitting around

Or all three.

Who else thinks that DM, with his famous talent for hyperbole and exaggeration, will set a totally ridiculous target for the release of OT11 and 12? Speculations on that target?

They had to rework the OT8 three times.

They ordered the original OT8's back on to ot7.

They promised Super Power and, well....

Frankly I don't think DM can do much to rally enthusiasm at this point no matter what he is dangleing in front of people.

T.O.

Div6

Crusader
Well Anon is looking to tape the event as it happens....be interesting if he brings the cruiser on for another thetan to thetan lip lock...

Good twin

Floater
New Protest Sign

They changed the definition of "Clear"
They changed the definition of "F/N"
They are changing the definition of "St Hill Size"
SOMEBODY HAS AN MU!!!!!!
:readrules:

SarahNW

Patron

Frankly I don't think DM can do much to rally enthusiasm at this point no matter what he is dangleing in front of people.

T.O.

I dunno about that. To those who've been on the outside for a long time, it's easy to imagine the bubble bursting - not so, I think, for those still in. All the OTs I used to know would be scrambling over each other to sign up for 9 and 10.

Little Bear Victor

T.O.

Among the true believers, the release of OT IX and X would be nearly tantamount to the return of L. Ron Hubbard. OTs (as well as everyone else) have been waiting for it for 20 years...

It would be a massive cash infusion and quite possibly the biggest single carrot there is in whole of Scientology. (Apart from LRH returning, which circumstance has much more significant problems connected to it, which I don't want to try and describe right now.)

Any amount of "failed purpose" can be instantly handled by rekindling the original purpose. This is true for anyone still in. Just look at the result from republishing, for the second time, the 'corrected' LRH books!

Unless someone external forces DM to face the music, it can go on forever. The redo of the entry routes, purif, objectives, grades, the release of Mark VIII meter, Golden Age of Tech 2, SuperPower, on through to OT IX and X (leaving out a few hundred other things)-- He is set up to milk the existing public until they die of old age, AS LONG AS HE CAN KEEP THEM IN, ISOLATED FROM THE REAL WORLD AND BELIEVING IN WHAT HE SAYS.

That's really the main issue. But were working on it.