What's new

Anyone else remember the good old day on Planet Farsec?

Tony Ortega review's Rathbun's lasted book of delusion and denial

http://tonyortega.org/2013/05/29/marty-rathbun-builds-his-warrior-legend-in-new-memoir/

Over the period of 1981 to 1984, Rathbun explains, Hubbard was increasingly laying the world’s problems on psychiatry. Hubbard even said that the thetans — immortal souls — of psychiatrists were a different breed than the rest of humanity.

But Rathbun knew enough history to understand that psychiatry had only emerged in the late 19th century. Thetans were supposedly trillions of years old — what had these special psych thetans been doing for all that time?

The answer to that question was one of the most interesting things we found in this book. Rathbun says that Miscavige shared with him a dispatch from Hubbard that had been labeled “secret”…

In the dispatch, Hubbard matter-of-factly detailed how psychs are a special breed of being. He said they were raised and trained on a planet called Farsec. They were sent to Earth in order to keep its population under control, ignorant, obedient and slave-like. Earth is a prison planet, he said, and most of its inhabitants were pirates, rebels or artists, millions of years before being deposited here by a regressive inter-galactic government. The psychs were also assigned to see that no mental or spiritual technology arose that might expose the nefarious plot. They had always been with us on Earth. Before the advent of psychiatry, they had been priests and shamans…

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
ah, the farsecians. they were a bookish bunch, weren't they?
marty also said tony HATED the book. yes, this is what marty makes of tony's well thought out review.
marty is so proud of himself that a sector of the indies and also tony HATES his book. this makes him special. sheeesh, if how many people you can annoy is some measure, then i am a freaking super human.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tony Ortega review's Rathbun's lasted book of delusion and denial

http://tonyortega.org/2013/05/29/marty-rathbun-builds-his-warrior-legend-in-new-memoir/

Over the period of 1981 to 1984, Rathbun explains, Hubbard was increasingly laying the world’s problems on psychiatry. Hubbard even said that the thetans — immortal souls — of psychiatrists were a different breed than the rest of humanity.

But Rathbun knew enough history to understand that psychiatry had only emerged in the late 19th century. Thetans were supposedly trillions of years old — what had these special psych thetans been doing for all that time?

The answer to that question was one of the most interesting things we found in this book. Rathbun says that Miscavige shared with him a dispatch from Hubbard that had been labeled “secret”…

In the dispatch, Hubbard matter-of-factly detailed how psychs are a special breed of being. He said they were raised and trained on a planet called Farsec. They were sent to Earth in order to keep its population under control, ignorant, obedient and slave-like. Earth is a prison planet, he said, and most of its inhabitants were pirates, rebels or artists, millions of years before being deposited here by a regressive inter-galactic government. The psychs were also assigned to see that no mental or spiritual technology arose that might expose the nefarious plot. They had always been with us on Earth. Before the advent of psychiatry, they had been priests and shamans…

Sounds like the Sea Org to me.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sounds like the Sea Org to me.
hubbard used this technique all the time. i always called it "dead agenting" but that might not be the right term. however, i certainly picked up somewhere in scientology that you could dead agent an idea by indicating to a person that you know what you are saying must sound outrageous to them, or unbelievable in some way. this makes them drop their defenses and accept what you say. but did i realise at the time that hubbard himself used this technique CONSTANTLY? nope.

and would i have ever let a single one of my college professors finish his sentences with, "and so on and so forth..........see, don't you know... and there you have it"? nope.

i still don't understand exactly how hubbard weaseled his way into my mind. did i really think none of the normal red flags could ever apply to him? yep. i guess i did.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
"Farsec" sounds so much like "parsec," a standard astronomical distance of roughly 3.3 light-years. I can't believe there is no connection. I wonder if Hubbard deliberately coined the word, thinking that the similarity would lend some kind of tacit credibility. Or if he actually believed that name was correct.

It's like "Xenu" being so close to "xeno-" (prefix meaning "foreign").

Paul

Gib

Crusader

In the dispatch, Hubbard matter-of-factly detailed how psychs are a special breed of being. He said they were raised and trained on a planet called Farsec. They were sent to Earth in order to keep its population under control, ignorant, obedient and slave-like. Earth is a prison planet, he said, and most of its inhabitants were pirates, rebels or artists, millions of years before being deposited here by a regressive inter-galactic government. The psychs were also assigned to see that no mental or spiritual technology arose that might expose the nefarious plot. They had always been with us on Earth. Before the advent of psychiatry, they had been priests and shaman​
s…

What a fuk'in bullshit artist that guy was. I still can't believe I fell for this crap. :furious:

"Farsec" sounds so much like "parsec," a standard astronomical distance of roughly 3.3 light-years. I can't believe there is no connection. I wonder if Hubbard deliberately coined the word, thinking that the similarity would lend some kind of tacit credibility. Or if he actually believed that name was correct.

It's like "Xenu" being so close to "xeno-" (prefix meaning "foreign").

Paul

I'm not sure what to make of this

http://gooeyfarsec.blogspot.com/