What's new

Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Dear Mr. jacobsen,
I indeed am the author of this posting. I write it as a human being, not as a Scientologist or anti Scientlogist. I write it from the viewpoint of wanting to tell people something about a technology of sorts, that I was involved in for near to 14 years and felt very responsible for. This is not written out of revenge or having any ax to grind. Instead, as with Toyota, if their brakes are failing it would be quickest and easiest to tell their customers that there was a misprint in the manual, if that were the case, so people might avoid unwanted collisions.
Since Hubbard was the "source" for all technology in his religion, and he had clearly erred in a statement about the human mind that when followed might cause horrible consequences, it behooves an employee, even an ex employee, to correct the manual. And that is what I am attemting to do here.
I hope this helps. best, Bill Franks

Bill. I posted that believing that was your last word on the subject and while, unbeknownst to me, you later went on to help expose scientology in those legal cases. My bad. apologies

Mary

brainwashing

Welcome, my name is Ed Berwick, I was in from 68-76. If you remember Teri Spickler, she is my wife, we've been married since the mid 70s. I did OT levels, the bc, and started a center that is now an org. I've audited for decades, outside the Co$ basically book one, but also grades, repair, power, etc.

My question is based on something that I'm told Alan Walter told my source. He , according to my source, said that there were three of you (presumably Alan, Dean Stokes, and yourself) that were aiming to make a coup, and take over just prior to the Mission Holders massacre. Is this true? Would you elaborate some?

thanks

Dear Sir, Indeed I remember Teri Spickler.
Yes, there is some truth to this. We didn't get too far with this but I very well remember Alan walter and myself up all night before I believe the last meeting yelling at Miscavage and his crew which included Norm starkey. Our theme wa that if you are going to hold the power then you indeed have to be responsible for the fact that you don't know **** about Scientoogy or running it.I believe that that was the night that Yeager, who had some post that I can't recall, on his knees in front of me, this was earlier in the night, begging us to call this off.
One shouldn't forget that the midget is scared ****less of people and being a wog just like us guys -or at least me. Afterall, we were not asking for more that the opportunity to expand the church but they saw it as losing contorl which gets us back to the purpose of the o/w thing I revealed. as I think I said on my FB page, miscavage once said to me that he would do anything rather than having to sell laser prints(which was the big source of income for Scnoes trying toearn their way up the bridge back in the early 80's" He seems to have meant every word of "I would do anything".
But then again he was in a tough spot being 4'8" with an eight grade education. best, Bill

Dear Sir, Indeed I remember Teri Spickler.
Yes, there is some truth to this. We didn't get too far with this but I very well remember Alan walter and myself up all night before I believe the last meeting yelling at Miscavage and his crew which included Norm starkey. Our theme wa that if you are going to hold the power then you indeed have to be responsible for the fact that you don't know **** about Scientoogy or running it.I believe that that was the night that Yeager, who had some post that I can't recall, on his knees in front of me, this was earlier in the night, begging us to call this off.
One shouldn't forget that the midget is scared ****less of people and being a wog just like us guys -or at least me. Afterall, we were not asking for more that the opportunity to expand the church but they saw it as losing contorl which gets us back to the purpose of the o/w thing I revealed. as I think I said on my FB page, miscavage once said to me that he would do anything rather than having to sell laser prints(which was the big source of income for Scnoes trying toearn their way up the bridge back in the early 80's" He seems to have meant every word of "I would do anything".
But then again he was in a tough spot being 4'8" with an eight grade education. best, Bill

Thank you.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
thanks. I am not an independant Scno. I am a wog. So is my wife and kids and we hope to stay that way. But, since 1974, it became clear what Hubbard and his little minnie me have had in mind. I felt obligated to expose this to those who might be able to use it as I believe there are good things to salvage. If I can help to do that, then I am available for it.
Best to you, Bill Franks

BF,

You retired from Homo Novus?

You are only a human now?

A mere wog?

It appears that you are unsalvageable.

In that case.....

GO WOGS!!

Wogs make the best humanitarians!

:D

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bill "Wogman" Franks

Forgive me for leaping over 10 pages of commentary after reading the first five or six. (Have been out of internet range for a few days.)

Can I just say -- I don't know who gwells is. But I sure know who Bill Franks is. He was my boss, we gave each other some hard times back in the early 1980s on the Int Exec Strata, and we have been in touch precisely once since then -- until he got in touch again a few weeks ago. This *is* his post. As others have pointed out, it's also on FB. He has a bunch of FB friends but I don't think anyone should draw conclusions about who Bill is from his friends.

He said what he said, and whatever else others may say about Bill, he's not a liar about this kind of stuff. If anything, he's brutally honest, even about stuff sometimes one would rather not know. I know this from daily experience with him.

My reaction when he told me about this was HOLY SHIT. This needs to be on ESMB. As Kooka says, there was a snarl-up in the registration process which may be why he didn't post it himself (unless he is gwells, which I doubt). And had I been in town next to my laptop this weekend, I would have posted the gwells message myself, quoting Bill. So all of this "who are you" would be directed at me.

The main point of the post is, Hubbard admitted that it was not O/Ws that made people blow. They left because they were pissed off. That makes sense. So -- what of all those endless sec checks, that poisonous attitude that if anyone reacted rationally to the toxic crap that was around in the SO then and now, it meant that person had O/Ws and should have them pulled? This to me is further proof that Scientology sucks the big one.

Again sorry if I'm just saying what has been/will be said in the next dozen pages I'm about to read.

Petey

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oops!

Whew, at least we got THAT sorted out and Bill's on board. Welcome Bill. Great to have you here. (What took you so long!)

And Ulf Maier, can I say, I was one of those Int Execs. Were we true believers? I believe most of us were, tiny doubts notwithstanding. The thing about the SO is that whenever you think you can see the top, you can't -- there's always an invisible layer or two above you. At least that was the case back in the 1980s. You'd have thought the Int Exec actually ran Scn back then. They didn't. There was the CMO, WDC, ASI and whatnot hovering around above, all kind of anonymously. The higher you got, the more there was to know. I'm not trying to resile from any responsibilities here, but it was a revelation that while the Int Exec strata had all responsibility, it had bugger-all authority. Our orders came down from WDC. This we didn't know till we were deep into it.

Petey

Husky

Patron
It only gets better.

Thank you for speaking, Bill.

Respect.

P.S. Because truth matters.

P.P.S. And on the board like this, it's really hard to fake things.

Thanks again, Bill.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for letting us know this revelation.

It shines light.

So many crossroads "where it all went wrong"

This one is a biggy.

Much Respect

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
The main point of the post is, Hubbard admitted that it was not O/Ws that made people blow. They left because they were pissed off. That makes sense. So -- what of all those endless sec checks, that poisonous attitude that if anyone reacted rationally to the toxic crap that was around in the SO then and now, it meant that person had O/Ws and should have them pulled? This to me is further proof that Scientology sucks the big one.

Careful. The main point is that Bill Franks *alleges* L Ron Hubbard stated it was not O/Ws that made people blow. As that great intellect of the 20th Century, Ronald Reagan said, "trust, but verify".

Careful. The main point is that Bill Franks *alleges* L Ron Hubbard stated it was not O/Ws that made people blow. As that great intellect of the 20th Century, Ronald Reagan said, "trust, but verify".

It did take a long time for this vital information to come out......and Mayo didn't tell us about it either. What else did hubby confide?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
It did take a long time for this vital information to come out......and Mayo didn't tell us about it either. What else did hubby confide?

Its certainly an interesting anecdote which, in conjunction with other tales of the Apollo, reinforces the air of insanity prevalent wherever Hubbard operated. In isolation, I don't think this latest revelation is that important. Far more significant in terms of proving that Hubbard knew Dianetics and Scientology was utter bollocks is his flat-out lying in relation to healing his "war injuries". L Ron Hubbard new then it was a con.

Still, wouldn't it be nice to have even more DOX or - do wonders ever cease - for Mr Mayo to join the discussion?

Its certainly an interesting anecdote which, in conjunction with other tales of the Apollo, reinforces the air of insanity prevalent wherever Hubbard operated. In isolation, I don't think this latest revelation is that important. Far more significant in terms of proving that Hubbard knew Dianetics and Scientology was utter bollocks is his flat-out lying in relation to healing his "war injuries". L Ron Hubbard new then it was a con.

Still, wouldn't it be nice to have even more DOX or - do wonders ever cease - for Mr Mayo to join the discussion?

He could have already for all we know.

RogerB

Crusader
I know you're just joking, Emma, but here's a message for the Lurkers;

I think it's wise to remember that all of these so-called "Repairs" of ARCXn public are designed to put the person into a state where their only hope of Recovery is more scientology ie. "we'd rather have you dead than incapable" etc.

They don't care about restimulating the shit out of someone with scientology, it just means that the person is going to have to come back to them cap-in-hand and willing to jump through hoops in order to handle the shit they've been thrown into by the "Repair". It's Black Scientology.

Yes, this is correct.

In fact, the whole $cn scenario and "tech" on upsets/ARCX's and BPC is an incomplete and erroneous piece of "tech."

When one honestly and thoroughly reviews/studies what is done as the "handling" procedure addressing the upset/ARCX, one can see the procedure actually does not truly address and restore the prior set up of harmony and good condition that existed prior to the upset/ARCX . . . . it only addresses a) that you are upset/ARCX, b) what putatively "caused" it and c) assumes looking at what caused the upset handles the restoration of the prior happy state of Being . . . . it does NOT!

And so, the result is a grinding on and on with the individual wondering why their scenario "just isn't getting completely 'handled'"!

Rog

RogerB

Crusader
:) Good advice, and I am. Still, I enjoy their friendships - we don't talk about Scn and still have heaps to discuss. Like normal people. :)

Normal people exist??

Hell, we should tell the $cn crowd that . . . might help them get off their hobby-horse! :dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

R

Yes, this is correct.

In fact, the whole $cn scenario and "tech" on upsets/ARCX's and BPC is an incomplete and erroneous piece of "tech."

When one honestly and thoroughly reviews/studies what is done as the "handling" procedure addressing the upset/ARCX, one can see the procedure actually does not truly address and restore the prior set up of harmony and good condition that existed prior to the upset/ARCX . . . . it only addresses a) that you are upset/ARCX, b) what putatively "caused" it and c) assumes looking at what caused the upset handles the restoration of the prior happy state of Being . . . . it does NOT!

And so, the result is a grinding on and on with the individual wondering why their scenario "just isn't getting completely 'handled'"!

Rog

When you look at Hubbard going insane, his wife going to prison, his son killing himself and countless lives being ruined by the cult, there's really not all that much to wonder about. The only reproducible effects ever obtained by any of Hubbard's Tech are empty bank accounts and years spent trying to recover from the damaging effects of it's mindfuck.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

He could have already for all we know.

You two need to read the whole thread. He's been posting since last nite.