What's new

Clear on Objectives?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
The best definition of Clear I've seen is Ken Ogger (The Pilot)'s; "able to confront the force in mental image pictures."

Anyway, this is by way of asking about the objectives generally. Can they be run on one's own, or at least a simplified version of them, as a form of 'grounding' to get better in comm with one's environment? I sort of know it's time I did more housework and spring's coming up soon....

Lovesnightsky

Silver Meritorious Patron
The best definition of Clear I've seen is Ken Ogger (The Pilot)'s; "able to confront the force in mental image pictures."

Anyway, this is by way of asking about the objectives generally. Can they be run on one's own, or at least a simplified version of them, as a form of 'grounding' to get better in comm with one's environment? I sort of know it's time I did more housework and spring's coming up soon....

Paul has a do it yourself version on his Paulsrobot site:

http://paulsrobot.com/objectives/objectives_program.html

Terril park

Sponsor

I'm not a tech expert...But I like that definition also.

There is a solo objectives process from Problems of work. " Take a walk around the block."

A couple of times I got severe anaten on OT 2.
Handled it with walk around the block and was able to go in session again. I've not read that this is a standard tech solution. Worked for me. Someone I
knew in similar sit went to sleep. Maybe that worked.

Housework objectives? Well I cite the movie
" Karate Kid." :) And why not.

Then their is the thought that mest work rehabilitates from LRH. Not sure where thats from.

Usually overun in the SO. :)

But " Do what you do while you're doing it" seems a valid process here. Doing housework while dwelling on past upsets seems to be a recipe for broken dishes.

So:-

Housework objectives.

Zen Housework.

Now you're wondering if I'm serious.

Me too. :)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks, I'll have a look at that in the morning (it's past my bedtime).

I'm glad I discovered this site :)

I changed servers some months back and fixed most but not all the links in the Objectives modules at http://paulsrobot.com/objectives as I didn't perceive much interest in using them so didn't put any more time in on them.

Personally I think it is brilliantly innovative to have workable objectives being delivered by computer, including CCHs 1-4, but I am somewhat biased. :)

PM me with any links that don't work and I'll fix them. Remember to read and follow the instructions or it won't work, especially with CCHs 1-4 as they won't make sense if you haven't read the how-to instructions for doing it on the computer.

Paul

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I changed servers some months back and fixed most but not all the links in the Objectives modules at http://paulsrobot.com/objectives as I didn't perceive much interest in using them so didn't put any more time in on them.

Personally I think it is brilliantly innovative to have workable objectives being delivered by computer, including CCHs 1-4, but I am somewhat biased. :)

PM me with any links that don't work and I'll fix them. Remember to read and follow the instructions or it won't work, especially with CCHs 1-4 as they won't make sense if you haven't read the how-to instructions for doing it on the computer.

Paul

Thanks. You've got to learn the "yawning" procedure first I suppose?

I had the idea once of using objectives to help autistic children but came to the conclusion it couldn't work because as soon as they hit a barrier not only they but (more likely than not) their carers would want to end the session.

There was an article in International Viewpoints (IVy) about someone who ran a tech group which did nothing but objectives. He claimed to get good case gain with his clients that way.