What's new

help need advise on repayment in the uk

trish

Hello,

My name is trish, i became a scientologist in 1988 and made the decision to leave in my heart in jan 2008.

A bit of background info, been on staff twice, had every relationship ruined and had every penny i had taken from me.

Had a child who went into the sea org and watched him have a nightmare.

Watched a close friends have their life ruined by the churchs actions and i mean ruined.

And now its time for me to bring a closure to the last 23 years.

I need to bring closure to all these years and the only thing there is to sort out is my monies on account.

I have already taken all my books cds tapes lectures to the place they belong which is the local tip lol :happydance:

I have requested on 3 occasions for my statements on all accounts and still not recieved these statements.

I have been very straightforward with my intentions and as of yet they have done zero.

I have approx 8K uk pound minimum on account and i want that money back :angry:

I am also a patron also.

I have read various refund/repayment letter but most seem to be usa based.

I have requested my refund but i have been told that i MUST do the routing form to get my money back.

I dont want to step foot in the org ever again. Do i have to do this or is there some legal angle in the uk i can use.

I know you get many of these questions but help would be appreciated.

I put many years of hard work and effort into the beliefs of this group and they have hurt me and my friends and family so much and now that i have left and free i can see the organisation for what it really is.

If there is anyone out there who can advise i would be so grateful.

Trish

trish

thanks axiom, your help would be apprecited, but its not st hill though they have passed my requested on to st hill :duh:

AnonKat

Crusader
payback

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeta/spb/english.html

Dear reader,

Did you ever try to get your money back from the "church" of Scientology? Or didn't you even start trying because you think you'll never manage?

If that's the case you're definitely not the only one. Probably we can be at your service.

Who we are, you wonder? We are a group of ex-"churchies" with, meanwhile, quite a lot of experience with the "refund"-policies of Scientology.

In short we operate this way. The 'org' in question gets a registered letter with the (financial) demands including the moment the payment is expected. When no reaction is received a second registered letter will follow which contains the message that collecting the money will be handed over to an international collecting agency, and, that they are kept accountable for all extra costs. When the 'org' still doesn't react or pay, all necessary juridical steps will be taken.

This way we managed to collect 1 000 000 euro last year.

With kind regards,

The Scientology PayBack Team.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello,

My name is trish, i became a scientologist in 1988 and made the decision to leave in my heart in jan 2008.

A bit of background info, been on staff twice, had every relationship ruined and had every penny i had taken from me.

Had a child who went into the sea org and watched him have a nightmare.

Watched a close friends have their life ruined by the churchs actions and i mean ruined.

And now its time for me to bring a closure to the last 23 years.

I need to bring closure to all these years and the only thing there is to sort out is my monies on account.

I have already taken all my books cds tapes lectures to the place they belong which is the local tip lol :happydance:

I have requested on 3 occasions for my statements on all accounts and still not recieved these statements.

I have been very straightforward with my intentions and as of yet they have done zero.

I have approx 8K uk pound minimum on account and i want that money back :angry:

I am also a patron also.

I have read various refund/repayment letter but most seem to be usa based.

I have requested my refund but i have been told that i MUST do the routing form to get my money back.

I dont want to step foot in the org ever again. Do i have to do this or is there some legal angle in the uk i can use.

I know you get many of these questions but help would be appreciated.

I put many years of hard work and effort into the beliefs of this group and they have hurt me and my friends and family so much and now that i have left and free i can see the organisation for what it really is.

If there is anyone out there who can advise i would be so grateful.

Trish

I got a repayment from St Hill.

Be happy to help.

Axiom142

Welcome Trish,
There are a numnber of people here who will help you get the money back, Ax 142 for one. It doesn't matter much where you are you can effect a repayment without subjecting yourself to their routing forms, in my experience it will take a lot of persistence on your part but if you stay with it you will get the money back...if they muck you around, which they will likely do, you don't have to be polite.

Write reports to RTC, there's a report line and here,s the link:

http://www.rtc.org/matters/intro.html

Name names in your report, we used this everytime we got shoved around and we also made it known on that same report line that we willl not be stepping inside an org for any routing form that their continued withholding of funds was we considered theft as they have been given notice that they should be returned...blah blah and so on. Strange as it might seem to us, those still in seem to hate RTC being on their case to get something sorted out. Make sure you get names of terminals so you can write em up. You get the idea. Be as noisy as you like make life hell for em untill they give you what you want, also give them deadlines. They are used to that!

James

I suppose that it's not been long since you left Scientology and probably there are still things in your mind that make you think twice or perhaps you don't want to be aggresive. Be it as it may, if you persist and become a pain in the ass to them, you will get your money.

In the middle eighties I was the person who handed and US$ 100,000 + cheque to sombody who had requested a refund. I had him signed the waiver and gave thim the cheque. It only took 3 or 4 minutes. However, I don't know how long it took for him to reach that poing since he first requested the refund.

If you try to be nice and follow "policy" (their policy) it may take you forever. If you are noisy and persistent, they will speed it up for you, to get you off their backs. You alwasy have the option to contact a lawyer if you feel they are throwing you around without any result. For 9,000 Pounds they will not give you a hard time, I believe.