What's new

Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Thanks for that Mick. Will read up on him.

He is very worth reading about Smilla. I learned about him lo, these many years ago, at college. You will probably be a) astounded at the effect of what he did and b) astounded at why this man has not had movies made about him.

Lone Star

Crusader
actually the credit goes to Norman Borlaug Wiki entry for Borlaug

I think Borlaug can be legitimately said to have saved hundreds of millions of lives. He was awarded the peace prize - one of the greatest contributors to mankind and he is virtually unknown.

You'll be happy to know that Penn&Teller favorably featured him on one of their 'Bullshit' episodes several years ago. I can't look for it now but I bet it's on YouTube.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
You'll be happy to know that Penn&Teller favorably featured him on one of their 'Bullshit' episodes several years ago. I can't look for it now but I bet it's on YouTube.

They did? That's awesome - he was actually mentioned in an episode of the West Wing too but his story makes me wonder about our "heroes" sometimes.

Lone Star

Crusader
They did? That's awesome - he was actually mentioned in an episode of the West Wing too but his story makes me wonder about our "heroes" sometimes.

Yes on You Tube type 'Penn and Teller Bullshit GMO Food' in the search box. I can't link it now because I'm on my phone.

West Wing was a great show. I miss it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
And how people living under such bitter oppression bizarrely assert great "wins" and heartfelt adulation for their cult leader.

Not so bizarre after all.

Excerpted from http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?cataId=nk01500&num=8668:

Harsh Punishments for Poor Mourning

The North Korean authorities have completed the criticism sessions which began after the mourning period for Kim Jong Il and begun to punish those who transgressed during the highly orchestrated mourning events.

Daily NK learned from a source from North Hamkyung Province on January 10th, "The authorities are handing down at least six months in a labor-training camp to anybody who didn’t participate in the organized gatherings during the mourning period, or who did participate but didn’t cry and didn't seem genuine."
Paul

johnAnchovie

Still raging

The North Korean authorities have completed the criticism sessions which began after the mourning period for Kim Jong Il and begun to punish those who transgressed during the highly orchestrated mourning events.

Daily NK learned from a source from North Hamkyung Province on January 10th, "The authorities are handing down at least six months in a labor-training camp to anybody who didn’t participate in the organized gatherings during the mourning period, or who did participate but didn’t cry and didn't seem genuine."
Paul

Is it not great to see Ron's tech is being fully applied in a 100% on source fashion across a whole nation?

Planetary clearing is indeed within scienfascistologies grasping little fingers.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
  1. Milieu Control. This involves the control of information and communication both within the environment and, ultimately, within the individual, resulting in a significant degree of isolation from society at large.
  2. Mystical Manipulation. The manipulation of experiences that appears spontaneous but is, in fact, planned and orchestrated by the group or its leaders in order to demonstrate divine authority, spiritual advancement, or some exceptional talent or insight that sets the leader and/or group apart from humanity, and that allows reinterpretation of historical events, scripture, and other experiences.
  3. Demand for Purity. The world is viewed as black and white and the members are constantly exhorted to conform to the ideology of the group and strive for perfection. The induction of guilt and/or shame is a powerful control device used here.
  4. Confession. Sins, as defined by the group, are to be confessed either to a personal monitor or publicly to the group. There is no confidentiality; members' "sins," "attitudes," and "faults" are discussed and exploited by the leaders.
  5. Sacred Science. The group's doctrine or ideology is considered to be the ultimate Truth, beyond all questioning or dispute. Truth is not to be found outside the group. The leader, as the spokesperson for God or for all humanity, is likewise above criticism.
  6. Loading the Language. The group interprets or uses words and phrases in new ways so that often the outside world does not understand. This jargon consists of thought-terminating clichés, which serve to alter members' thought processes to conform to the group's way of thinking.
  7. Doctrine over person. Member's personal experiences are subordinated to the sacred science and any contrary experiences must be denied or reinterpreted to fit the ideology of the group.
  8. Dispensing of existence. The group has the prerogative to decide who has the right to exist and who does not. This is usually not literal but means that those in the outside world are not saved, unenlightened, unconscious and they must be converted to the group's ideology. If they do not join the group or are critical of the group, then they must be rejected by the members. Thus, the outside world loses all credibility. In conjunction, should any member leave the group, he or she must be rejected also.[3]
Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism: A Study of "Brainwashing" in China is a psychology non-fiction book on brainwashing and mind control by Robert Jay Lifton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_Reform_and_the_Psychology_of_Totalism

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

[video=youtube;tIvNopv9Pa8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIvNopv9Pa8[/video]

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
  1. Dispensing of existence. The group has the prerogative to decide who has the right to exist and who does not. This is usually not literal but means that those in the outside world are not saved, unenlightened, unconscious and they must be converted to the group's ideology. If they do not join the group or are critical of the group, then they must be rejected by the members. Thus, the outside world loses all credibility. In conjunction, should any member leave the group, he or she must be rejected also.

1. And though, isn't this phenomena one that belongs to any 'normal' psychologically healthy individual human being Smilla? No matter how unwittingly employed?

In other words, as a practical matter, 'you' can only exist in my world (of subjective being and personal reality) if I let you. For the simple reason 'attention' is the subjective substance of being. What one attends to lives, what one doesn't, doesn't. Until and or unless one attends to it again.

Our point here is not purely semantic or philosophic by the way. Lol. Our point here is practical. To wit, in regard to the statement: The group has the prerogative to decide who has the right to exist and who does not. we say, every human being on the face of the earth shares the same power, individually, internally. And notwithstanding rumors otherwise, Scientology is not off killing people around the globe (although we can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of that statement or that rumor).

Scientology is a mixed bag to be sure. So be it. But it does offer certain insights into psychological affairs which is damn near unparalleled in world history.

Apoc

Smilla

Ordinary Human
And though, isn't this phenomena one that belongs to any 'normal' psychologically healthy individual human being Smilla? No matter how unwittingly employed?

In other words, as a practical matter, 'you' can only exist in my world (of subjective being and personal reality) if I let you. For the simple reason 'attention' is the subjective substance of being. What one attends to lives, what one doesn't, doesn't. Until and or unless one attends to it again.

Our point here is not purely semantic or philosophic by the way. Lol. Our point here is practical. To wit, in regard to the statement: The group has the prerogative to decide who has the right to exist and who does not. we say, every human being on the face of the earth shares the same power, individually, internally. And notwithstanding rumors otherwise, Scientology is not off killing people around the globe (although we can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of that statement or that rumor).

Scientology is a mixed bag to be sure. So be it. But it does offer certain insights into psychological affairs which is damn near unparalleled in world history.

Apoc

Thanks for your post. I will reply to it when and if I next decide you exist:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7tGOr2NU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGRySVyTDk

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Paul

Thanks for posting that.

I am aware of that coercion side of the "motivation" for North Koreans pretending to adore their "Dear Leader".

However, what I was really thinking about was the other side, where they actually are not pretending but in fact are moved to legitimate heights of rhapsodic ecstasy or depths of tearful gratitude in expressing their heartfelt emotions about "Dear Leader".

It's that state of mind which is the most bizarre to watch in North Koreans and Scientologists.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Thanks for posting that.

I am aware of that coercion side of the "motivation" for North Koreans pretending to adore their "Dear Leader".

However, what I was really thinking about was the other side, where they actually are not pretending but in fact are moved to legitimate heights of rhapsodic ecstasy or depths of tearful gratitude in expressing their heartfelt emotions about "Dear Leader".

It's that state of mind which is the most bizarre to watch in North Koreans and Scientologists.

The answer here lies in the phenomenon of Cathexis, I think, but not in the strictly Freudian sense, though.

"In psychoanalysis, cathexis is defined as the process of investment of mental or emotional energy in a person, object, or idea. The Greek term cathexis (κάθεξις) was chosen by James Strachey to render the German term Besetzung in his translation of Sigmund Freud's complete works."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathexis

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
And though, isn't this phenomena one that belongs to any 'normal' psychologically healthy individual human being Smilla? No matter how unwittingly employed?

Apoc

I never took that statement to mean it the same way you are. Yeah, I can allow someone to piss me off or not, but it's different in a cult.

Besides the extreme of killing people off (I'm told R2.45 was a joke, but I'm not entirely convinced), there is the whole dispensing of existence that occurs two ways, as I see it.

First, it's not against Scno law to kill of an espee. Again, we don't know it's ever been done.

More importantly, when you're in ethics conditions with the rag on your arm and you have to "strike a blow" to an enemy of Scno to get it off, that's an example of dispensing of existence. The fact that the cult has the ability to declare you an SP and cause you to be disconnected from your family and friends is another good example of dispensing of existence. I've never taken it to mean life or death - I've always thought of it as dispensing existence IN THE CULT.

BTW, I was smuggled out of North Korea in my early teens, and I can give you other examples of dispensing existence that weren't exactly literal. For example, you could go from an office job with plenty to eat to being shipped to the outer reaches of NK with a menial job and have to scrape by for existence. Nowadays, you get disappeared into prison camps. Worse than the RFP from what I've heard.

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your post. I will reply to it when and if I next decide you exist:)

Lol. Nice. Rich. Funny.

And fair enough. May we remind you however: the fact that tunnels exist (called I's), does not necessarily eliminate the actual reality of the presence of a mountain (called 'it') (so to speak). Oops, our bad, pre-commentary to the (excellent) video to come. Lol.

note to self: remember, never back down from the belief (disguised as fact) that the mountain & tunnels are one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7tGOr2NU0

Thank you (both) for this. Smilla and Dr.Wilson (aka Robert).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGRySVyTDk

Oh my. That was so good to watch, it actually hurt. In a good way. Like when one laughs so hard their belly hurts (or the sides of their face hurts, from the sheer unpreventable force of their uncontrollable grinning). That kinda hurts.

& Thank you (for that.)

Apoc

note to self: remember, pay back is a mother, lol.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Ah, yes. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a few thousand pictures. If this video doesn't motivate you to go out and start a cult of your own, I just don't know what will. Look at all of those fringe benefits that Dear Leader has!

Pete

How fortunate that he got to take all that with him. Including all those heavy wool suits. I hear that the winters are much, much warmer where he's at now than in NK.

:clapping::flames::clapping::flames::clapping::flames::clapping::flames::clapping::flames::clapping:

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
I never took that statement to mean it the same way you are. Yeah, I can allow someone to piss me off or not, but it's different in a cult.

Besides the extreme of killing people off (I'm told R2.45 was a joke, but I'm not entirely convinced), there is the whole dispensing of existence that occurs two ways, as I see it.

First, it's not against Scno law to kill of an espee. Again, we don't know it's ever been done.

More importantly, when you're in ethics conditions with the rag on your arm and you have to "strike a blow" to an enemy of Scno to get it off, that's an example of dispensing of existence. The fact that the cult has the ability to declare you an SP and cause you to be disconnected from your family and friends is another good example of dispensing of existence. I've never taken it to mean life or death - I've always thought of it as dispensing existence IN THE CULT.

BTW, I was smuggled out of North Korea in my early teens, and I can give you other examples of dispensing existence that weren't exactly literal. For example, you could go from an office job with plenty to eat to being shipped to the outer reaches of NK with a menial job and have to scrape by for existence. Nowadays, you get disappeared into prison camps. Worse than the RFP from what I've heard.

Wow. What a beautiful, sincere, genuine & authentic, inspiring-post, to us. Thank you NoName. Your spiritual goodness pours through your words.

You make so many points to mention we can only respond to a few. Hopefully being the most essential few (to you). For lack of a better idea, we will just number them as they come to us. Fair enough?

#1 Where you say
Yeah, I can allow someone to piss me off or not, but it's different in a cult.

We say: No one alive can really understand, the reality of being kicked, in their spiritual balls, like someone who has had it happen, to them. Like you, and we.

#2. And Where you say
...the whole dispensing of existence......occurs two ways, as I see it....

We say: Amen. And we see it as being three (and being four).

Bottom line NoName, it's individuals like you, that give individuals like us, pause to be grateful, for (a peaceful) existence.

Kudo's to you.

Apoc

Smilla

Ordinary Human
SNIP:

Bottom line NoName, it's individuals like you, that give individuals like us, pause to be grateful, for (a peaceful) existence.

Kudo's to you.

Apoc

According to your thesis, you need to be grateful to NoName - and a limited number of others, that you have any kind of existence at all. My experiments reveal that your existence is intermittent - a kind of flickering in and out of existence, depending on whether anyone is including you in their awareness or not. Pleased don't be alarmed by this, as you will continue to subjectively perceive yourself as having linear continuity in time. One problem being studied is the difficulty of determining whether during the periods when you do exist, you are alive or not. Opinion is divided on this, but we remain optimistic, and wish to reassure you that all that can be done to resolve the problem, will be done. See below a rough sketch for a proposed experiment to clarify the alive or not alive problem. Of course in the periods when you do not exist, there is no problem, because you are not represented in anyone's awareness. Your support ticket for this issue is 27951. Have a nice day.

320px-Schrodingers_cat.svg.png