What's new

Lying with an e-meter

Has anyone ever intentionally told a lie during auditing? I'm thinking it would only happen when the subject is either a newbie or a skeptic in their last days as a Scientologist. I would imagine that any attempt to outright lie will be detected and cause confrontation with the auditor, but I just wonder (never having been audited myself) what would happen if someone decided to lie and maintain the lie even when questioned. E.g, "Well, I'm not lying, so your e-meter must be inaccurate."

File this under the "Scientology videos I'd love to see" category. :)

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Has anyone ever intentionally told a lie during auditing? I'm thinking it would only happen when the subject is either a newbie or a skeptic in their last days as a Scientologist. I would imagine that any attempt to outright lie will be detected and cause confrontation with the auditor, but I just wonder (never having been audited myself) what would happen if someone decided to lie and maintain the lie even when questioned. E.g, "Well, I'm not lying, so your e-meter must be inaccurate."

File this under the "Scientology videos I'd love to see" category. :)

When you stop believing in the meter it does not work. I really got a floating needle a few times when I did lie as it felt good to do. Got a release on it.

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors
Does that mean you fooled the e-meter so a lie was detected as truth?

Common misconception, it does not read "truth" it only reads charge. A lie will always have more charge than a "truth" because you need that little window to create it and that little feeling you get inside when you lie. "Truth" can have charge too, if not then the e-meter would never be able to pick up on those painful experiences you talk about in session.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
I found that the e-meter is not very reliable. my daughter is a trained auditor who is UTR and said it is totally subjective and not reliable.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Has anyone ever intentionally told a lie during auditing? I'm thinking it would only happen when the subject is either a newbie or a skeptic in their last days as a Scientologist.

It used to happen that often the auditor and pc were on the same side, i.e. they both wanted the pc to get gains and "get up the Bridge." It would then be counter-productive for the pc to lie. In 500+ hours of auditing over 23 years I don't think I ever deliberately lied once.

However, when there's an action ongoing the pc doesn't like, lying becomes more attractive, like when revealing some withhold would be dangerous. When the "auditor" is outright hostile to the pc -- gang-bang sec-checks etc -- lying can become completely necessary. And what do you do when the auditor won't accept a true answer to a question, and won't let you walk out of the room?

Paul

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
The emeter can be fooled very easily. Without a long winded technical explanation . . . .

A few short examples :

- think of what brought you the greatest pleasure you've ever had.

- Think of what you most like to do.

- Think of the best thing that ever happened to you.

-etc thoughts.

Look folks : YOU control what YOU think. Therefore YOU can control the meter.

Ah, that fabled 'floating TA'66 . . . . day after day after day . . . . . . can be done :)

Yes, I used to do that auditing thing & gave lots of sec checks & etc foolishness.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Some beat a polygraph and it's only 1/3 of that machine so it's easier

Doesn't measure breath pulse or EKG

It measures sweat

Basically you have to stay calm and not react

Auditors are trained to restimulate something

Stress you out then pretend they released the stress

So for example if they ask about an overt and you don't guilt trip yourself you won't react

Like lrh said a cleared cannibal is a cannibal

Cannibals think it's normal to eat humans so they wouldn't read on the meter about that unless you get them to believe that's wrong

So you can trick yourself that your lie isn't a lie, call it a white lie or just delude yourself into believing it's not a lie for example in your imaginary world

Like if you asked Hubbard who his 2nd wife was he says he didn't have one but he deluded himself into believing that so it probably wouldn't read on him, he believes you can "audit out" reality

Axiom 25? Actually it's what one believes what people agree on is reality

So lies have to be actuality in Scientologese to not read

Get one and practice lying like Osa is trained to do what is it trL?