What's new

Miscavige not at New Years event!

mate

Patron Meritorious
My best guess is that he was avoiding something in LA. Whether that would be a summons, some sort of threat that he felt was credible (remember they did just have that sword-swinging episode at CC), exposing something that just wouldn't look good (such as a black eye, a sprained ankle or even a cold sore or something that would be considered out-PR) or whether he is simply trying to establish Tommy Davis as an acceptable public replacement for himself whenever he decides to leave, or if he thinks he could get jail time and wants to ensure that he can retain control even from behind bars is the question.

I bet that he didn't plan to come to Clw for the event, but either heard rumblings from the membership about why he wasn't there in LA, or he heard that this message board and others were reporting his absence and he wanted to re-assure the public. Or both.

Apparently it was also announced that there will be ~40 new ideal orgs opening between now and LRH Birthday. It might be a crazy thought, but perhaps OT IX and X will be released. There would be no better "indicator" of expansion than opening 40 Ideal Orgs and announcing some other arbitrary stats like 10,000 on Solo NOTs and 10,000 Full Basics completions or something. What better way to prove to the faithful that Scn is winning and Anonymous, the psychs and squirrels are all losing? Alternately, we could see a revamped set of red and green vols, updated tech dictionary (which has been under pilot for years in Tampa Org) and a bunch more lectures on CD to fill in the missing spots in the Materials Guide Chart. Or, as often happens after such hype, some completely unimportant minor release, like special new clearsound iPod systems, complete with DM's voice chanting, "Hip Hip Hooray" so that those on extension courses can give LRH a standing ovation in their home every time they complete a lesson.

Hi ThisFenceHurts.

I sorry but I must disagree with you. It is the obvious place for him to be there in person.

The CofS is really hurting with the current recession, the outer orgs are almost certainly producing negligible income and in many cases are probably getting some income support from Int. The AOs are probably not doing much better.

The Flag reges would know who among their public have substantial liquid assets and I bet that they, these public, would have received special invitations. The CofS probably needs these assets to survive. What convinced me, was Miscavige's talk about Ideal Orgs.

I have no doubt that the structure of this event was quite different to the videos of the event sent out to other orgs, and I am sure that those with the money, had received special treatment.

Just a thought.

Regards, David.

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
Hi ThisFenceHurts.

I sorry but I must disagree with you. It is the obvious place for him to be there in person.

The CofS is really hurting with the current recession, the outer orgs are almost certainly producing negligible income and in many cases are probably getting some income support from Int. The AOs are probably not doing much better.

The Flag reges would know who among their public have substantial liquid assets and I bet that they, these public, would have received special invitations. The CofS probably needs these assets to survive. What convinced me, was Miscavige's talk about Ideal Orgs.

I have no doubt that the structure of this event was quite different to the videos of the event sent out to other orgs, and I am sure that those with the money, had received special treatment.

Just a thought.

Regards, David.

I hear where you are coming from about their potential money troubles, David.

However, there was no special event for affluent Scientologists at the Clw New Year's event, and it is NOT customary for DM to be present at video events...he literally gave a short speech and then presented the video to the large audience present. This was a complete surprise to local public and org staff. Perhaps he regged in person after the video, that I am not sure of.

However, my point was that anyone who would be trying to predict his whereabouts would not have expected him to not be present in LA for the actual event taping, but be present in Clw for the local event video presentation. It's just not the way things usually go.

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
TFH, did your sources mention any explaination for DM not being in the video'd event?

Unfortunately, no. They indicated mild surprise that he wasn't in the original event video, but the shock was probably lessened by the fact that they saw him introduce the event. We here only had the "Why wasn't DM at the event?" part of the equation. Those at Flag did not have the same experience.

It would be interesting to hear firsthand reaction from other orgs and those in LA to the fact that he wasn't in the event video. Unless he has used his OT Powerz to be in dozens of places at once, I am guessing that most Scientologists are completely unaware that he was at Flag.

This is what I think based on experience: he is sulking. He has been threatening the base since the 2000 NY event fiasco, that he would not be at the NY event. The base does not deserve it and anyway, he has to do everything himself, now they will see what can they do without HIM! Of course he is taking part in the preps as the public must get the "best" event evah!
So this is a punishment. The base and the SO is sooooo bad, that he is disappearing from the scene. He said that so many times, we even expected it to happen (that he disappears) but it never happened. So he stayed away from the event, but he went to Flag. He cannot stay away from being adored and admired and cheered etc.etc. as it is necessary to keep his ego (=himself) alive and kicking. Now he will prove that result of the event (public signed up, auditing hours etc.) is really bad because he was not the MC.
I can even imagine that he stepped back in the last minute, so the execs had to "step in" (he had to approve them first) and save the day. (Which is the least he can expect from them after what they had done and have been SPs basically since DM took over, with little breaks in between being in the shits, on the RPF, under the gun. And So On.
Oh, I can imagine the CO GOLD yelling at the staff "You guys have no idea what he (DM) is handling on a daily basis! You are not able to do a hundredth of what he does in a day! And you cannot even handle your own little peevy post that is nothing comparing to his responsibility! He is single-handling saving the planet, and you just act as a stop! You smuck, you ... (various swear words) He cannot stand being here anymore so he will not MC the event!" Something like that.

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is what I think based on experience: he is sulking. He has been threatening the base since the 2000 NY event fiasco, that he would not be at the NY event. The base does not deserve it and anyway, he has to do everything himself, now they will see what can they do without HIM! Of course he is taking part in the preps as the public must get the "best" event evah!
So this is a punishment. The base and the SO is sooooo bad, that he is disappearing from the scene. He said that so many times, we even expected it to happen (that he disappears) but it never happened. So he stayed away from the event, but he went to Flag. He cannot stay away from being adored and admired and cheered etc.etc. as it is necessary to keep his ego (=himself) alive and kicking. Now he will prove that result of the event (public signed up, auditing hours etc.) is really bad because he was not the MC.
I can even imagine that he stepped back in the last minute, so the execs had to "step in" (he had to approve them first) and save the day. (Which is the least he can expect from them after what they had done and have been SPs basically since DM took over, with little breaks in between being in the shits, on the RPF, under the gun. And So On.
Oh, I can imagine the CO GOLD yelling at the staff "You guys have no idea what he (DM) is handling on a daily basis! You are not able to do a hundredth of what he does in a day! And you cannot even handle your own little peevy post that is nothing comparing to his responsibility! He is single-handling saving the planet, and you just act as a stop! You smuck, you ... (various swear words) He cannot stand being here anymore so he will not MC the event!" Something like that.

Sounds like a valid evaluation of the events. Of all the speculation about DM's not being at the taped event your theory is the most plausible. Whether there is any great sea change occurring as someone else has said, I'll wait and see.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is interesting news.
I'm putting my money on DM getting "off the lines" because he knows shits about to hit the fan....so when it does, Scientologists will demand him back on post. And anyone that took over when the shit hits the fan will be thoroughly blamed. Damned SP's causing problems. ALL HAIL DM!!!

Wirestripper

Patron with Honors
Maybe he wasn't there because he heard about Jett Travolta's son going downhill....(not to make light of their loss:bigcry: )

I can totally see that being the case....yet another bad celebrity flap against Scientology...

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Personally I'd prefer DM to stay in charge.

The CofS is failing so badly under his leadership.

A new leader gives the CofS a chance to claim THE SP has been found and for them to keep the poopers under control and financing the racket for longer.

I would expect that the thing behind the DM crisis, if there is a crisis, will be the global credit crunch - it's bound to be affecting the GI.