What's new

Natural Clears

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
From Dan Koon's long article on Clear at http://freezone-tech.info/?p=864:
Quite a large number were asserting “Natural Clear” after mention of the state by LRH, though in a recorded remark to a Tech Messenger around that time he said there were probably 4 on the entire planet. I don’t think that was ever made known.​
Paul

Mystic

Crusader
Is immaterial and worthless information, "natural clear". A hallucinatory "state" conjured from the mind-programming built into the apparition-tulpa Lips Hubbard.

Veda

Sponsor
From Dan Koon's long article on Clear at http://freezone-tech.info/?p=864:
Quite a large number were asserting “Natural Clear” after mention of the state by LRH, though in a recorded remark to a Tech Messenger around that time he said there were probably 4 on the entire planet. I don’t think that was ever made known.​
Paul

Interesting account.

Alright, that's the announcement. There are four Natural Clears, only, on the planet. Let's keep this orderly. If you're one of those four, please come forward. One at a time please. Remember, LRH said, only four.

Oh well - yet another shrink wrapped LRH Datum...

We're fortunate that Hubbard didn't tell Scientologists that they were milkshakes. We might not have had enough straws to go around.

According to David Mayo, "It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'Clear' at a certain point." http://www.ivymag.org/iv-01-02.html

"...an insatiable lust for power and money." (Tape 3) http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/mayo.htm

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Maybe Slappy is cancelling our Natural Clear certs? At least until he gets it down to four.

I did attest to NC in 1979. Followed up by several DCSI dealeos and a Sunshine Rundown. My bad ethics did not improve.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think Bernie Madoff is one. Who else could make 50 billion bucks disappear into thin air?

Veda

Sponsor
In 1978, in a recorded remark to a tech mesenger, Hubbard mentions that there were a small number (four) 'Natural Clears'. This made its way into an HCOB as a "very small number" (rather than "four") and, thus, for eager Scientologists, became a "fact."

Observing this instant adjustment to any new Hubbardian "reality," and the entire Dianetic Clear frenzy occurring on Orgs - based on yet another of Hubbard's "discoveries" - was the beginning of the end for my involvement in Scientology.

Too many Scientologists were hypnotic Hubbardian ping-pong balls, bouncing any which way that Hubbard indicted was THE way. It was just getting too freaky.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I was not allowed to attest to Natural Clear, because my Declare Order was still in force. However, I had the clear cog while having all the normal meter phenomena and other indicators, without having had the processing that normally precedes the shift.

Was I one of four? I very much doubt it. It did bring me some degree of comfort, at the time, because I had been recognized as exceptional by teachers, psychologists, psychiatrists, family members... and this gave me a REASON, even though there was no explanation of WHY I would be clear, naturally, while others were not.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is no technical reason why a person could not always have been clear, though it is somewhat unlikely. Wat confused the issue is the fact that many people, when they go clear, recognise that being clear is a more natural state for them - and a more familiar one - than being aberrated is. And so they see themselves as being "natural clear" and want to have it attested.

In a sense they are correct, but they should not really be attested as such. They need a greater understanding of the period of aberration they have been through - it's almost as though they are in denial of that time period and the state of aberration that they were in.

One further thing - paying any attention to what LRH said verbally to anyone is highly adventurous. There is enough evidence to show that he said any old horseshit to anyone if it was likely to impress the person. Just look at all the twaddle that Cap'n Bill was supposed to have been told by the old man.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
In a sense they are correct, but they should not really be attested as such. They need a greater understanding of the period of aberration they have been through - it's almost as though they are in denial of that time period and the state of aberration that they were in.

Ummm . . . no.

In fact, its the exact opposite. While apparently "aberrated" the person is clear. Its not until their psyche has become cluttered and they have experienced hypnotically-induced phenomena transferred via the auditor's relayed expectations that the unfortunate victim becomes aberrated and then enters into the denial cycle.

Veda

Sponsor
There is no technical reason why a person could not always have been clear, though it is somewhat unlikely.

-snip-

How is a "technical reason" different from an ordinary walkin'-around-scratchin' reason?

"Tech" means Scientology tech, and if someone - prior to 1978 - walked into a Scientology Org and said, "I'm a Natural Clear!", he would have been regarded as a nut.

Similarly, if someone had walked in to an Org in 1965 and said that he was infested with other beings who had been implanted 75 million years ago by a galactic despot named Xenu, he would have classified as "PTS type 3."

The history of Scientology is the history of Scientologists adapting to the latest Hubbard "fact."

After the Dianetic Clear announcement in 1978, there were tape playings of a 1950s lecture where Hubbard talked about making Clears in 1947. Almost instantaneously, hundreds, if not thousands, of people, became convinced that they were past life Clears, having been audited by Ron in 1947.

C/Ses in Missions, and in some Orgs - still having not adapted to the new official reality - were hesitant to "validate" the state of past life (mostly 1947) Clear, and not too thrilled with the the giddy crowds of "Dianetic Clears" either. (Having examined a lot of PC folders from this period, I could see why.)

But Hubbard had decided that he wanted more Clears. Period.

So he said the Clears were "there," and presto! they were "there."

What attracted me to Scientology initially - when I was a naive panty-waisted dilettante - was the idea that Scientology offered a means to "dehypnotize" a person. Turns out that a very limited (some) amount of "de-hypnotizing" takes place but, if one hangs around, the "re-hypnotizing" begins.

No thanks. :)

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Yes interesting, it just goes to prove to me that the old man couldn't give a flying doubrie whatnot about people's cases. Falsely thinking you were a perfect being when you were not, on his terms would screw a person up, probably lead to out ethics, certainly make someone loose faith in the tech. Yet he let the homosapiens, by the thousands, attest to being homonovis. He really didnt give a damn, as long as it made him more money, and more importantly liked.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
'Clear' is someone who's got a little certificate from the 'Church' of Scientology that *says* he's clear. Since none of the other parameters as enumerated by Hubbard actually exist, that's the only one left.

Of course, the 'Church' can take the 'cert' away, and, there is some argument about that, but, since the 'state' isn't worth anything else, it's much ado about nothing.

Zinj

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
There was a craze in the late 70's and early 80's where lots of people were attesting to Natural Clear, really with no evidence. (I also saw somewhere that Natural Clears are not just Clear, they are cleared up to OT V Case, maybe VII, can't remember).

As a CCRD C/S in the 90's and 2000's, pretty much anyone who had attested to Clear during that time (70's/80's) was determined not Clear.

And pc's who originated Natural Clear (in the 90's and later) were acknowledged, but never attested to Natural Clear. They all had to be Dianetic or Scientology Clear. Natural Clear was not accepted from the 90's forward.

Sorry (I guess) if this invalidates anyone, but those are the facts. I was directly on those lines. That is how it went.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
There was a craze in the late 70's and early 80's where lots of people were attesting to Natural Clear, really with no evidence. (I also saw somewhere that Natural Clears are not just Clear, they are cleared up to OT V Case, maybe VII, can't remember).

As a CCRD C/S in the 90's and 2000's, pretty much anyone who had attested to Clear during that time (70's/80's) was determined not Clear.

And pc's who originated Natural Clear (in the 90's and later) were acknowledged, but never attested to Natural Clear. They all had to be Dianetic or Scientology Clear. Natural Clear was not accepted from the 90's forward.

Sorry (I guess) if this invalidates anyone, but those are the facts. I was directly on those lines. That is how it went.

This is certainly a safer way of doing it than attesting everyone in sight as they were doing in the late '70s.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Is that a typo, Bea? Do you mean "pretty much anyone who had attested to Natural Clear during that time (70's/80's) was determined not Clear" or do you mean exactly what you said?

Paul