What's new

OSA Defector Comes Out of Hiding

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Okay - since you mentioned Tory.

(She does not know this story, so... Someone go tell here to come over!) :coolwink:

On the day Tory "blew" (~2000/2001?) I received a super-frantic call from my (one of many seniors) "senior" D/CO Ext OSA WUS (fancy initials that stand for "I make every decision around here and you just follow my orders") Pam Bowen about a super-secret mission - to "drop everything - grab a tape recorder - run to D/FW airport - we'll give you the data on the road!".

I lovingly refer to Pam as Screech. Everytime I ran into her at a protest, she would screech for me to get away from her or she'd call the police. I'd approach her quietly & she'd run away. :coolwink: I'm curious why the psychotic midget trusts her so much that she's D/CO OSA WUS. She's one I'd pay to watch being forced to stand in a garbage can while the crowd mocked her. She's one evil bitch.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
:faint:

:ohmy: :touched: Oh! :omg: Oh, Stop, you! :naughty: :smack:

150638g68.gif

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
:hysterical:

:p Just having fun with my new toys! :happydance:

(Virtual toys - Emoticons - so cool!)

Actually I am very impressed with the quality and features of this site. Could not ask for better.

:welcome: Watchful Navigator!!

Soooooooooooooo happy you are here :woohoo:

and yes, please share more stories. :yes:

:bighug:

:flowers2: (So happy you're having fun w/ the new toys, too):omg:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I lovingly refer to Pam as Screech. Everytime I ran into her at a protest, she would screech for me to get away from her or she'd call the police. I'd approach her quietly & she'd run away. :coolwink: I'm curious why the psychotic midget trusts her so much that she's D/CO OSA WUS. She's one I'd pay to watch being forced to stand in a garbage can while the crowd mocked her. She's one evil bitch.

So, she didn't deliberately walk closely in front of you AND suddenly stop so that you would bump into her THEN she could call the local police and claim that you assaulted her?

Last edited:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just curious, Scott. Are you pals with Tory? You share her emoticon addiction.
Okay - since you mentioned Tory.

(She does not know this story, so... Someone go tell here to come over!)

On the day Tory "blew" (~2000/2001?) I received a super-frantic call from my (one of many seniors) "senior" D/CO Ext OSA WUS (fancy initials that stand for "I make every decision around here and you just follow my orders") Pam Bowen about a super-secret mission - to "drop everything - grab a tape recorder - run to D/FW airport - we'll give you the data on the road!".

"Uh, what am I going to do with a tape recorder?" says me. (Backflash!)

"Listen..." (voice lowering in obvious frustration) "You're going to get close to this person and pick up whatever you can, get it?.. There's been a b...l...o...w..."

"Uh, Yes Sir" says me (in the Sea Org, which I was not - but she was, and she was my boss - you refer to any senior of either sex as "sir").

So I dropped everything I was doing and pulled out my pocket cassette recorder (the technology of the day) and tested it quickly to see if the batteries worked and began closing shop at my tiny but orderly (except for the endless piles of paper on the desk) office.

Five or ten minutes later I get a call: "Cancel! - stand by, you're not needed for now."

(Whew! There's so much to do around here without having to go to the airport for blow drills every few months!)

How do I know it was Tory? (It's coming back to me that this was ~summer 2000?) Because a few days later another hyper-urgent phone call came in:

"Go find every hardback copy of 'What is Scientology?' in the org!"

"Er, uh, what for?" says me. (Backflash!)

"Why I oughtta...(inaudible)" ("What sir?" says me) "I said... I need you to remove page 2xx from every one of those books in your org. Just do it! We'll send you the replacement pages soon, and you'll put them back in when you get them."

Well, right there on page 2xx of 'WIS?' was a color photo of Tory. Within a few weeks later I read something about her defection - somewhere on the Internet.

It got me curious.

(Wait a minute there, Scott - what were you doing on the Internet???)

Curious. You know, like...

"What could an OSA volunteer who is 'OTVII' be doing to cause her to 'blow' and be chased across the country by O-SA?" thinks me. "Isn't an 'OT' becoming cause over life?"

"Who messed up her case???" "Is there like, 'out-tech' ... a-a-at F...l...a...g...?"

:wow: Hooooooooly Sheeeeeet, Kingfish!

We have to talk :cheers: Congratulations and I'm sooooooooooo happy you're OUT! :woohoo:

:flowers2:

PS:
I have always wondered about WIS and :wtf: happened re *that*, since I escaped out
in July of 2000 (yes...that summer :)
For those that don't know...I am in What Is Scientology and C of $
made sure it was sent to EVERY Senator/congressman/Gov/Library/
opinion Leader, etc. etc.
So it's a m a z i n g to hear they actually asked you to tear my page
out? Did they *really* send a replacement page?
Oh my Gawd! :duh:

If you get a chance...do call: (818) 588-3044

Last edited:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Costa Rica - #2

(Continuing to answer Dean's question - why Costa Rica? What did management plan to do down there?) :yes:

Interestingly enough, this was the heady time of the first "Ideal Orgs" and we still believed that infinite, "straight-up-and-vertical" expansion was in the works. Especially all of us outside Int Base ('the other 99%') who didn't know that COB :grouch: was beating people up mercilessly for... (what was that for?) :grouch:

And in this time, it was decreed that all orgs everywhere shall expand, and that Central America shall have a Central Ideal org to service all the countries of Central America and its feeder Missions.

I was the first DSA ever (to my knowledge, anyway) assigned to function as a "fully-hatted" DSA for a Mission. And when I arrived, a "mission" was underway in the Mission, "on a mission" to find this Ideal building that the public of Costa Rica were going to fund.

Oh - and I left out the part about the fact I had no intention to renew my 2003 contract wrapping up 10 years in Dallas. But... my lovely new wife brought me before the ED of the Mission on my Spring Break trip of 2004, and, well, they needed a DSA in order to go "Ideal" and well, I signed up - ("Duty" being high on the scale of motivation 'n all - and more importantly by now, having a happy, beautiful wife was several notches higher than anything appeared on Hubbard's motivation scale):p

I was designated (never in writing! - just in secret meetings top floor of the HGB) - "DSA Costa Rica" - an implied promise that "Org" status was "just around the corner" for Costa Rica.

My job was to take charge of all Central America and its Missions, and get it ready for the new "Ideal Org" that was promised for the capital city, San Jose, where my wife and I lived and the Mission was established.

Some notes on being Costa Rica staff:
*people there were very pleasant and friendly :wink2:
*it was very refreshing to see people read policy and actually "do what Ron says" - I was accustomed to doing it like DM told Flag to do it, from trainees coming back sternly warning you, telling you "how we do it"...

The above two points lasted for the first few years, until trainees started coming back from Flag. :grouch:

Then we learned that what Ron -really- meant (he said so in a tiny paragraph in the middle of an old 1963 Red-on-White) was that AT THE ROOT OF ALL YOUR ARCx's (upsets) WERE YOUR MISSED WITHHOLDS (crimes) so therefore that's how we did it at Flag, and that's how we'll do it here. Your ARCx's are nothing you wimp - it is all about your overts...:grouch:

SCIENTOLOGY AMERICAN STYLE (DM's serious, cold-chrome-steel version) - that which I had fled in horror, as the Ideal Org strategy rolled out - had finally arrived to COSTA RICA :grouch:

But I am getting ahead of myself, here...

Some day you might laugh over this tragedy. I have seen it before. Flag interprets the true meaning of tech and policy, stats in the field crash. This was even before DM.

No, really. This can be funny. I love watching authoritarians marching into manholes.

:thumbsup:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

You answered your own question.

It's not that DM "trusts" her, it's that he can depend upon her to follow orders, no matter how evil those orders are, and to intimidate her juniors to follow orders, even if the juniors are good people who have misgivings about the orders.

I've seen the phenomenon over and over: get good people to get the work done, and get psychotics managing them to get the good people to follow psychotic orders.

TG1

Angelic Poster
It's like watching a bad Three Stooges movie.

Scientology -- a big waste of everything.

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Scott,

Great to see you in "public".

Don't feel bad about your plight, everyone I know, including myself, went through absolute hell in leaving. Some people want to say it is easy, or consistently smooth, but I call bullshit. Many have built wonderful lives, but no one I know had an easy start, or a rough journey. The first 9 years I was out of the SO but still connected to the COS I had something like 17 jobs, 2 failed businesses and wasn't able to properly provide for my children, much less support my family. I had to learn to be a productive member of society.

You gotta share some details about the "book", the one in every org, the one you had some go rounds with me on what 12-13 years ago.

Last edited:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scott,

Don't feel bad about your plight, everyone I know, including myself, went through absolute hell in leaving. Some people want to say it is easy, or consistently smooth, but I call bullshit. Many have built wonderful lives, but no one I know had an easy start, or a rough journey. The first 9 years I was out of the SO but still connected to the COS I had something like 17 jobs, 2 failed businesses and wasn't able to properly provide for my children properly, much less support my family. I had to learn to be a productive member of society.

You gotta share some details about the "book", the one in every org, the one you had some go rounds with me on what 12-13 years ago.

Mike - I did not know you went through all of that and thanks for sharing it...you are so right...we all go through tremendous pain being a "Scientologist" and getting out..it was the most incredibly painful experiences I have ever had in my life...just unreal!!

Your story is more proof that being connected to such an evil group does wreak havoc on one's life...the Scientologist's I know that are still active are experiencing DEATH, Cancer, Bankruptcy, Foreclosures, failed marriages (6 divorces in the tiny Morgue I went to - OSA - don't try to figure which one I went to..they are all tiny :coolwink:), shattered families, shattered dreams because

Scientology's real goal is to get people into total confusion and then fleece them and make them slaves!!

Scott,

Don't feel bad about your plight, everyone I know, including myself, went through absolute hell in leaving. Some people want to say it is easy, or consistently smooth, but I call bullshit. Many have built wonderful lives, but no one I know had an easy start, or a rough journey. The first 9 years I was out of the SO but still connected to the COS I had something like 17 jobs, 2 failed businesses and wasn't able to properly provide for my children properly, much less support my family. I had to learn to be a productive member of society.

Thanks, Mike

You may have to drop another hint about "the book" - I'm a little slow sometimes, and I'm straining to remember what you might be referring to.

I do have a story comes to mind where you helped me in the middle of a disaster. You probably don't realize how much it helped, because I berated you for it a little, at the time.

:eyeroll:

Let's see, where do I begin?...

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah. Scientology is THAT bad.

:coolwink:

Oh come on! That's an offense to
The 3 Stooges........
$cientology and "Dave" WISH they were only as 'bad as them".
(Or did I miss what you were saying, TG1?) :confused2:

:no: Not so-----wayyyyyyyyyyyyy worse, and yes, we see you, "Dave". :omg: :yes:

TT TT

Happy Trails .... :flowers:

Last edited:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scott,

I will say, thankfully I had tons of peeps who helped me,
once I finally did WAKE up and escaped out. The 2nd day out...someone told me s/t that helped
my ride "out" a lot.

It was Stacy's cleaning lady, believe it or not. She asked me:
"Would you like some advice?"

Having just lost *everything* ---including beliefs, all my 30 year 'friends, and a husband of 27 years (who yes,
remained "in", remarried)...I said, "yes, please".

First she said: "You have to allow yourself to just BE".
Not sure why, but for me that was a HUGE help right there and I sighed. :surprise1: :drama: <<< be willing to experience
the adventure was my interpretation.

2) Keep in mind, due to my having Epilepsy, even with medication controlling all of it,
I had to fight "PTS" for 30 years. (one of the symptoms of "PTS" is one going up and down, "rollercoastering")
Ok, so she said to me:

"You have to know you ARE going to go UP and DOWN
UP and DOWN....sometimes every week, sometimes every day....
With what you're going through, I wouldn't be surprised if it was EVERY HOUR. :goodorbad:

BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Keep in mind, as you're going up and down (which for those who do not know, that's considered
"Roller coastering "in" $cientology and a sign of very bad things).......
Realize you're doing so CIRCULARLY. And she used her hand to show a circle spiraling UP and UP and UP.
(So within the circle going UP, one most probably would be going up and down, up and down. However the over
all Circle was going UP). :thumbsup::hysterical::hifive::grouphug: :bravo:

This helped me *greatly* as I went through many, many emotions, cried for 2 years ...etc. :confused2: :bigcry::happydance::omg:

It's an adventure----I hope yours is 1/2 as great as mine has been.ALL of the peeps on the Net have helped
me more than I'll ever be able to put into words.I know I said it before....but again... :thankyou: to ALL here
and to Watchful Navigator:

:welcome: :arose::heartflower:

Last edited:
Re: Crisis of Conscience

There are some moments in one's life where the difference in life direction to be taken is not subtle, and often cannot be reversed. One way points to integrity, the other straight down into hell.

This is about one such moment around Aug-Sep 2002, while I was under the spell of an implant (the Jan 2002 - 2-3 intensives of reverse Scientology as "rollback") and getting tremendous pressure to "smash the squirrels".

There was a mutual friend of Mike (Laws) and I, who had not "disconnected" from a group of "OTs" and friends in the Dallas field mutiny of 2001-2002.

He had a wife who was trying to stay in good standing so she could continue up the Bridge (same-type situation that caused my wife in Costa Rica to disconnect).

Now even though this guy was not actually causing any trouble or "enturbulating" anyone (the reason I tended to leave him alone) these connections were reported and known up-lines, and I would actually go out Saturday morning and spy on this group ("the breakfast club") to see if this guy was keeping his promise not to meet with them there.

He was (keeping his word to me).

So I was not very much in agreement with the demands coming from up-lines to Comm-Ev (Scio kangaroo court) him and I was continually getting yelled at for being "reasonable" (Hubbard-speak for "thinking when you should be obeying orders").

So I finally presided over the Comm-Ev, eager to get back in "good-standing" with my seniors and show them that maybe I wasn't "cold-chrome-steel", but I wasn't a w.o.o.uusss...

This guy did a great job with me and at the Comm Ev (though I was not there in person - the "in-charge" only gets the reports and does the paperwork) defending his reasoning with early LRH writings (free speech, free association, was once protected and encouraged) but he was found guilty of "failing to disconnect from knowing and avowed SPs."

Then I was told to declare him.

The same young, pretty auditor from OSA Int (Tara?) that had put me through 2-3 intensives of one listing question only "Who told you it was not okay to apply the PTS/SP tech?" (which left me a raving fanatic, on a tear to find SPs - only saving grace being that in my basic goodness I became very careful about finding the "real" SP, for reasons I am about to disclose). This same girl, on "mission" again with a different I/C this time, came into my office late at night (I was staying after 'post' as usual, trying to 'catch up' on my backlog of administration for the Fuhrer) and closed the door, sat down in my chair with me - yes, in my chair.

As I fought to catch my breath, she demonstrated that my Win 98 on my little, old, used laptop, was "out-security" because she could bypass my password (a fact I was not previously aware of) and I was now also in a somewhat compromising position of being "out-security" (a crime of magnitude in the OSA network, especially).

She also revealed that the FBO knew how to bypass my office lock, and that they had done so while I was away!

("Spying on the spies" - reminds me of our government!)

To make a long story short here (since the point to all this is the decision I had to eventually make)...

No, we did not go "out-2D" (LOL!)

But the whole idea was to get me to type up an SP declare, which I did (and probably never would have without this interesting ploy - whether spontaneous or planned, I may never know).

I sent this up-lines with her as courier (interesting, never thought of this, but she was flying back the next day). This guy's wife caught word of the impending SP declare on her husband, and she called me in a panic.

Still under the spell, I had since then, not stopped to think about the implications being pointed out.

I went into shock.

I WAS ABOUT TO BREAK UP A FAMILY.

They had kids!

I told her I would see what I could do. I called the International Justice Chief (highly unusual and frowned upon to call your superiors). I happened to get an IJC assistant on the phone. Yes, the SP declare was approved and on the desk about to be issued. I pleaded (in the same calm, tactful way that you might do in front of a judge at your life sentencing) to put the declare on hold - that I had "additional data" now that would make it unnecessary.

Enter Mike Laws. I do not remember exactly how it came about, but I do think that I called him right away. I needed to get "evidence" that this guy would disconnect. I think I told him about the SP declare (but you have to realize, and Mike may or may not have known this, but he was on a hot OSA security list and I was to handle him with "extreme caution" if at all, and not in any case, ever reveal to him any of what OSA was doing). Mike said he would try.

Mike got back to me. He had obtained a promise not to associate with the declared SP in question. He actually was being asked to cut the lines with a guy who owed him a lot of money, so he was taking quite a hit, but then, his marriage was at stake, and he knew it.

The dust cleared. The SP declare was successfully withdrawn. The marriage endured for a few more years while two young boys got to live with their Dad under the same roof. (He was never declared, but the situation made it impossible for her to get in session at Flag and was the source of continuing strain on the marriage.)

It was a moment of indescribable horror for me. I still break down in tears when I relive it. Oddly enough, not for what I done, but for how close I came to the doing!

But the fact that I woke up for that one moment and freaked out at being at the edge of a moral cliff - participating in destroying a family by enforcing Hubbard's rules! - that changed me forever.

After that, I never handled matters of justice in any way than to protect people from the insane, contradictory rules which I realized could be twisted by anyone, anywhere. I became an expert in OEC Vol. 1 and the Ethics book and I saved many a decent person from ruin thereafter. There was one exception after that, in which I over-reacted to someone I caught lying to me, but actually a good effect was created in the end (though she probably still hates me) - she got away from the org! (I'll tell that one later.)

It seems unfair in the scheme of things, that the same thing happened to me some years later, and I was not given the chance to get my wife back. But as Mr. Anderson famously said in the Orientation film:

WELCOME TO SCIENTOLOGY!

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Watchful Navigator wrote: "But the fact that I woke up for that one moment and freaked out at being at the edge of a moral cliff - participating in destroying a family by enforcing Hubbard's rules! - that changed me forever.

After that, I never handled matters of justice in any way than to protect people from the insane, contradictory rules which I realized could be twisted by anyone, anywhere. I became an expert in OEC Vol. 1 and the Ethics book and I saved many a decent person from ruin thereafter. There was one exception after that, in which I over-reacted to someone I caught lying to me, but actually a good effect was created in the end (though she probably still hates me) - she got away from the org! (I'll tell that one later.)

It seems unfair in the scheme of things, that the same thing happened to me some years later, and I was not given the chance to get my wife back. But as Mr. Anderson famously said in the Orientation film:

WELCOME TO SCIENTOLOGY!
:clap:
As awful as it is that it takes s/t THAT HORRIBLE :angry:
to help you wake UP (same for myself and many others).....the FACT
that you DID wake up, you DID change, that is what matters.

:happydance: I'm happy you are here. Please keep telling us more.
Your stories are *fantastic*! :thumbsup:

:hug: to ALL (and yeah...I'm big on emoticons/ It could be worse: I could be quoting
LRH :hysterical::roflmao::hysterical: :)