ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Report: Bill Maher cut interview with Going Clear author Lawrence Wright from podcast

Discussion in 'Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, Mar 2, 2016.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

2. CommunicatorIC

3. CommunicatorIC

Attached Files:

4. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

Re: Report: Bill Maher cut interview with Going Clear author Lawrence Wright from pod

Could they have something on Maher that scares him, or is he concerned they might find something?

5. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Re: Report: Bill Maher cut interview with Going Clear author Lawrence Wright from pod

Did he ever have gay sex after a massage with John Travolta in front of a picture of L Ron Hubbard ?

hmm probably not

6. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

:happydance::happydance::happydance::yes:VWD - your noodle is fleeting and Tone Arm flew off the meter!! I would like to indicate you are cause over Matter, Energy, Space and Time with all 57 perceptics firing.

By George - you got it. Spot on my fine fellow DagwoodGum!! You are CLEAR! Fricken Crystal too!!

Totally duplicated how Scientology Keeps Working!!

:clap::clap::clap:

7. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

I thought if I mentioned the elephant in the room someone might know exactly "what his crimes are" that he's afraid will get out...

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Of what I watched, the only valid point was that Scientology is a bait a switch. That's important to cite, and - for the usually semi-conscious, easily distracted mass audience - easy to understand.

Bill Maher is great sometimes, but, like many atheists, he thinks he's putting Scientology down - and in some way impeding it - by calling it a religion. Actually, by doing that, he's helping to empower it.

Laughs all around about Xenu - as usual - and the Xenu incident is described as the "creation story" of Scientology. I guess that's good for an entertaining sound bite, but it doesn't help the potentially vulnerable person who walks into an Org thinking this, only to be shown Scientology's, "The Factors."

Eh.

Watched it up to the point where Wright referred to the Scientology "clergy." Then I tuned out.

Maybe there's some devastating content in the latter part I didn't watch. I hope so.

:)