ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured Shooting Stars

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by afaceinthecrowd, Jan 18, 2011.

1. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Just love that phrase 'on their own terms' Face.

That is real respect. Respect for self and balanced with respect for others thru reason, and care, compassion, support and practical guidance.

Sure there are things which are beyond our expectations or control, but ya did and do what ya can.

I am very happy that so much worked out so well for each in your family. Treasures of life. :thumbsup:

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Congratulations! My oldest and her guy are also getting married soon.

3. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Face I love the way you co-empower them to do what is right for them on their own terms. That is the kind of parent behavior that should be bottled and sold!!

Rog

4. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks Uman. :yes: I betcha yourn will turn real fine...one tip though from someone that's been through the trenches 4 times...when they hit their teens, and all through their teens, keep 'em busy and keep 'em broke. :coolwink:

Face:)

5. afaceinthecrowd

Thank you, Lotus...you're a Peach. :coolwink:

My heart aches for all kids and the Folks that didn't take their children away and handed them over to the SO. I just can't figure out what they were thinking. People that are selfish and self absorbed do not make good parents, IMHO. :no:

6. afaceinthecrowd

LUV IT! :yes: Thanks a bunch. :coolwink:

7. afaceinthecrowd

Thank you, MW...you're most kind. :yes:

Champagne and nice long chats. :happydance: These are among my favorite things. :thumbsup:

8. afaceinthecrowd

Thank you, Choice. :yes:

If a parent does not respect their kids, the kid has trouble respecting themselves and others. :no:

I'm happy...and relieved...things have turned out so well. :coolwink:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  9. afaceinthecrowd

Wonderful! Congratulations to youz touz, Enthetan!:thumbsup:

I'm on a wedding diet...how's about you?:hysterical:

10. afaceinthecrowd

Thanks, Rog. :thumbsup:

IMHO, a child is a sovereign soul in a bottle, so to speak...they innately, instinctively and impulsively want to find their way...a parent is there to love them, protect them, nurture them and provide a channel and the tools for them to do so. :coolwink:

11. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my main job as a parent is to make sure my kids fail in recoverable ways.

12. afaceinthecrowd

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I splurged on getting a suit which fits my current form.

Now I just have to make sure I don't gain weight before the wedding next year. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

14. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Nice ! Very Nice !

I sort of condensed my role as a parent down allowing them to discover what made them happy and then helping them to achieve that. It seems so popular these days to a "friend" to ones children rather than "parent" and that didn't help the teen years - LOL !

I'm proud of my kids and they know that.

Grandkids ? Maybe, maybe not - their call. I'll love 'em either way !

15. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

16. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

17. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

18. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

This thread should be read by anyone who lurk \ is interested in knowing more about who was LRH.
    :yes:

19. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

20. afaceinthecrowd

Left to Right...Neil Sarfati (Tenor Sax), Russ Meadows (Flute, Bass Guitar), Luten Taylor (Trombone), The CommodeDoor (Hisself), Tom Rodriguez (Bongos), Charlie Rush (Drums), Tamia Arbuckle (Guitar, Bass Guitar), Craig Ferreira (Lead Guitar), Wayne Marple (Trumpet), Kenny Campleman (Flute).

Not in this picture...Bill Potter (Alto Sax--and one of the best musicians in the group).