What's new

Shooting Stars

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just love that phrase 'on their own terms' Face.

That is real respect. Respect for self and balanced with respect for others thru reason, and care, compassion, support and practical guidance.

Sure there are things which are beyond our expectations or control, but ya did and do what ya can.

I am very happy that so much worked out so well for each in your family. Treasures of life. :thumbsup:

RogerB

Crusader
Face I love the way you co-empower them to do what is right for them on their own terms. That is the kind of parent behavior that should be bottled and sold!!

Rog

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's awesome news, Face. I hope mine turn out as caring and upstanding as yours have.

Thanks Uman. :yes: I betcha yourn will turn real fine...one tip though from someone that's been through the trenches 4 times...when they hit their teens, and all through their teens, keep 'em busy and keep 'em broke. :coolwink:

Face:)

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reading you Face , about children, is like a fresh wind!

We can really feel how proud and happy you are about your daughters!
I am convinced they were contaminated, with your kindness and care for people!
Also, I am certain your educated them to be gratefull as you are.

Bless you are, as one day , long time ago, you decided for the good of your children!

:coolwink:

Thank you, Lotus...you're a Peach. :coolwink:

My heart aches for all kids and the Folks that didn't take their children away and handed them over to the SO. I just can't figure out what they were thinking. People that are selfish and self absorbed do not make good parents, IMHO. :no:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
What great news, Face! Congratulations to you and your daughters!

I LOOOOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!!!

CA-And-they-lived-happily-ever-after-etsy-insert.jpg

LUV IT! :yes: Thanks a bunch. :coolwink:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh yay! Such wonderful news for the proud papa! :happydance:
You have so much to be proud of yourself for..wonderful daughters and friends on this board that love and respect you..you are beautiful..I wish I could take you out for champagne and a nice long chat.. Maybe one day..until then, all my love and friendship!
{{{{{hugs}}}}}
Missy

Thank you, MW...you're most kind. :yes:

Champagne and nice long chats. :happydance: These are among my favorite things. :thumbsup:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just love that phrase 'on their own terms' Face.

That is real respect. Respect for self and balanced with respect for others thru reason, and care, compassion, support and practical guidance.

Sure there are things which are beyond our expectations or control, but ya did and do what ya can.

I am very happy that so much worked out so well for each in your family. Treasures of life. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Choice. :yes:

If a parent does not respect their kids, the kid has trouble respecting themselves and others. :no:

I'm happy...and relieved...things have turned out so well. :coolwink:

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Face I love the way you co-empower them to do what is right for them on their own terms. That is the kind of parent behavior that should be bottled and sold!!

Rog

Thanks, Rog. :thumbsup:

IMHO, a child is a sovereign soul in a bottle, so to speak...they innately, instinctively and impulsively want to find their way...a parent is there to love them, protect them, nurture them and provide a channel and the tools for them to do so. :coolwink:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, Rog. :thumbsup:

IMHO, a child is a sovereign soul in a bottle, so to speak...they innately, instinctively and impulsively want to find their way...the parent is there to love them, protect them, nurture them and provide a channel and the tools for them to do so. :coolwink:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my main job as a parent is to make sure my kids fail in recoverable ways.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Thanks DeeAnna...Very Cool Post...Appreciate mucho you sharing this. :thumbsup:

They're 37 and 35 and are established, independent and very self sufficient (they both own homes...without Daddy's help...and did almost all of the repairs, renovation and maintenance themselves). They've traveled abroad extensively and both did study abroad in College...the Artist at the Florence Institute for the Arts and the Special Ed Teacher at the University of Edinburgh.

I told them and reaffirmed often throughout their lives that all that mattered to me was that they live their life on their terms, pursued their interests and followed their Heart and that, as far as I was concerned, their role in life was not to produce grandchildren...their mother was none too happy about that last part at all and also thought I should counsel them to be "more practical" about their chosen studies, to wit, chose a major that would be "marketable" as opposed to one that you are passionate about. :melodramatic:

They both love and are wonderful with children and their Bo's are the same...I don't pry into their personal lives but I've gotten a strong, subtle message that they both have, and vice versa, found the one they want to have children with. Their mother is ECSTATIC!:happydance:

I was in the SO and very young when I first became a parent and my hope was that they would get a good education, be on their own, finish growing up, establish themselves and "find their groove" before making the commitment of marriage or having children.

If I never have grandchildren I'm okay with that. I'd rather my kids have a happy, fulfilling and financially sustainable life childless than to go through the stress of being a parent if they're emotionally, financially or philosophically not in a position to do a decent job of it, be fully "invested" and "present" during the miracles and magic of first breath, first step, first word and on through the terrible twos, first day at school and the pubescent pining pathos, all the way to cutting the strings and folding up one's apron.

Nice ! Very Nice !

I sort of condensed my role as a parent down allowing them to discover what made them happy and then helping them to achieve that. It seems so popular these days to a "friend" to ones children rather than "parent" and that didn't help the teen years - LOL !

I'm proud of my kids and they know that.

Grandkids ? Maybe, maybe not - their call. I'll love 'em either way !

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Per chance I found this picture here:
https://freekickradio.wordpress.com/2014/08/03/august-3-2014-kickin-the-goods/

hubbardallstars.jpg

Hubbard and the Apollo Stars​

Maybe Face can identify the one or the other of the folks?

Left to Right...Neil Sarfati (Tenor Sax), Russ Meadows (Flute, Bass Guitar), Luten Taylor (Trombone), The CommodeDoor (Hisself), Tom Rodriguez (Bongos), Charlie Rush (Drums), Tamia Arbuckle (Guitar, Bass Guitar), Craig Ferreira (Lead Guitar), Wayne Marple (Trumpet), Kenny Campleman (Flute).

Not in this picture...Bill Potter (Alto Sax--and one of the best musicians in the group).