What's new

WHAT'S LEFT TO SELL ?

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
This may have been covered elsewhere but , what else can DM possibly sell (with no beneficial results or expansion ) to the few public Scientologists left ?

Re-re-re-verified on source materials ? New Platinum meters ? Solid gold orgs to draw in Wogs who love shiny objects ? WTF ?

I am serious what is the next planned phase for Scientology, cause they can't get in 99% of young Americans and over 90 plus % of older Americans so who's left ?

I know they love whales and celebrities , but that will only get you so far.

You can't keep bringing Tom Cruise and John Travolta to COMPLETELY EMPTY ideal orgs forever !

They will probably be out of the killing rehab patients business soon and other front groups keep getting exposed , so please , please tell me what's left ?

When super power flops they'll be out of excuses. Are we up for GAT III , word clearing every letter in every HCOB and PL ?

This is a real question .

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I don't agree. Humanity is a very gullible species. Despite the overwhelming exposes of global scams, creative (fraudulent) marketing, Ponzi schemes, etc., people continue to be fooled by current scams & con games. It is a never-ending cycle.

The cult knows this which is why they continuously try to lure young, impressionable , idealistic people into the cult. They will be the masterminds for keeping the cult growing & prosperous money-wise, even when many of their orgs are empty & being closed down due to financial failure.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-am...laysia-becomes-internet-scam-haven-us-2014-08

http://www.justice.gov/usao/ils/News/2014/Jul/07242014_Sebai Press Release.html

A report on church-related & nonprofit scams:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...5a82ca-0c26-11e3-9941-6711ed662e71_story.html

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Smurf , I guess I don't know where young people who have not - through South Park , late night comedy and the internet , not to mention Anonymous and other protesters - been permanently put off Scientology are going to come from.

I heard that in a survey Scientology is less popular then the KKK , and those insane racist scum murder little kids and lynch innocent people !

I think most people recognize Scientology as a bona fide cult or at least crazy or a scam .

Do you really think that there is a significant pool of new recruits in the US ?

If today's internet was available to me in the late 80s I NEVER would have stuck around or probably walked in an org .

LRH's con relied on no verification of his claims or biography.

If I knew 5% of the negative things I now know I would have RUN away screaming !

Leland

Crusader
I agree....The cat is out of the bag.....so to speak. Who hasn't heard of the South Park episode...and such.

Who hasn't heard of Where's Shelly.....and such.

Who is gonna come in now.

But Smurf is right too......Cons and Scams work.....sometimes.

But you would really have to be off the grid....to not have heard of so many of the bad things about scamology.

Plus...you've gotta be rich these days to do any scietology. IMO....

Some were asking why that new Mission was opened last week in (was it Oregon?).....IMO it was because of the demographics.....a rich area. Rich kids. Some perhaps vulnerable to the scam.....

Those that are still in......how many of them can drop 50K or 60K to do suprhp pawha....? Perhaps quite a few ?...BUT

Don't they have to do Gat II first....and Basics....and such. And redo their lower bridge training? Gat II style?

If it costs 10s of thousands everytime someone goes to Flag.....I would think that the pool of those going would dwindle.

Not to mention the crush regging and such....for charity. And don't forget that La Fatty HubTub....Hall.

:)Lets all keep a good thought,,,,,That scientology continues to circle the drain.....and go on down.... to the sewer.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
CofS has been in continual decline since the 1980s.
It is now very tiny compared to what it was in the 1970s.

Will it ever completely cease to exist? I don't think so.

Anonycat

Crusader
I agree....The cat is out of the bag.....so to speak. Who hasn't heard of the South Park episode...and such.

Who hasn't heard of Where's Shelly.....and such.

Who is gonna come in now.

But Smurf is right too......Cons and Scams work.....sometimes.

But you would really have to be off the grid....to not have heard of so many of the bad things about scamology.

Plus...you've gotta be rich these days to do any scietology. IMO....

Some were asking why that new Mission was opened last week in (was it Oregon?).....IMO it was because of the demographics.....a rich area. Rich kids. Some perhaps vulnerable to the scam.....

Those that are still in......how many of them can drop 50K or 60K to do suprhp pawha....? Perhaps quite a few ?...BUT

Don't they have to do Gat II first....and Basics....and such. And redo their lower bridge training? Gat II style?

If it costs 10s of thousands everytime someone goes to Flag.....I would think that the pool of those going would dwindle.

Not to mention the crush regging and such....for charity. And don't forget that La Fatty HubTub....Hall.

:)Lets all keep a good thought,,,,,That scientology continues to circle the drain.....and go on down.... to the sewer.

Here's the Lake Oswego, Oregon Scientology Grand Opening.

[video=youtube;_kb7RzzUguM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kb7RzzUguM[/video]

Leland

Crusader
If there is a dozen or so law suits at the same time against Narconon.....I would imagine some major wire service or news company would pick up that story.

Plus their Insurance Scam angle.....that won't work forever.

If Insurance Companies stop paying for treatment there.......that would really hurt..IMO>

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Sure, Scientology's name is mud... but the 'inoculation' of Society by John Sweeney, Brian Seymour, Anonymous et al is only part of the story.

A significant issue that is built into the DNA of the Scientology cult is that it can't change at the core. So you'll always have the writings of a racist from Nebraska who worried about Commies and homosexuals... quite simply, Scientology is looking desperately dated. How impossibly retro would something silly like the Space Org look now? Scientology looks old. It looks daft. Being a clam isn't something you could admit to with pride, now: it's like believing in George Adamski's flying saucers.

Who was it who said that Scientology "proves you can't polish a turd... but you can roll it in glitter"?

I think the Scientology cult ran out of glitter.

Leland

Crusader
I don't know of any "new" rundowns....or "new" courses to be released....

Perhaps that was one of the reasons to do GAT II in the first place.

What does concern me are the whales. That billionaire in South Africa....and just learned of a billionaire in Australia.

There are some people for which money is just not a problem....

But on the other hand......becoming rich....to me usually means a shrewd, calculating, hard working individual....Plus a lot of luck.

Perhaps those that are rich....will get tired of giving their money away to these young snots.....and the seasoned regges. Especially if they see the orgs empty...

It sounded to me like many were just fed up with the reg calls about Basic book sets....and such....just sick of it. And the criminality of just taking people's money off their accounts as they pleased...

(isn't there a law suit about that too?)

Anonycat

Crusader
Sure, Scientology's name is mud... but the 'inoculation' of Society by John Sweeney, Brian Seymour, Anonymous et al is only part of the story.

A significant issue that is built into the DNA of the Scientology cult is that it can't change at the core. So you'll always have the writings of a racist from Nebraska who worried about Commies and homosexuals... quite simply, Scientology is looking desperately dated. How impossibly retro would something silly like the Space Org look now? Scientology looks old. It looks daft. Being a clam isn't something you could admit to with pride, now: it's like believing in George Adamski's flying saucers.

Who was it who said that Scientology "proves you can't polish a turd... but you can roll it in glitter"?

I think the Scientology cult ran out of glitter.

I agree. It cannot change, it's horribly dated, it's unaffordable, to be a scientologist is to be a laughingstock, not even a new celebrity would touch it -- it's career suicide.

From Reuter's, 2 years ago:

(Reuters) - Most Americans do not think Scientology is a true religion, more people would prefer to win an Olympic gold medal than a Pulitzer prize and celebrity endorsements do not carry much weight, according to a new poll released on Monday.

Seventy percent of respondents to the 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair poll said the controversial Church of Scientology, which is popular with Hollywood stars such as Tom Cruise and John Travolta, was not a real religion, but 13 percent said that it was.

Religious surveys have estimated that less than 100,000 Americans practice Scientology, which is often branded a cult by its critics.

"It's a tribute to America's tradition of religious tolerance that Scientology is accepted throughout the country," the survey noted in its analysis of the results.

Leland

Crusader
Don't forget everyone's gotta buy a new meter too.......and I suppose that really means 2 meters....if they follow policy. Gotta have a spare.....:eyeroll:

Who can afford this shit?

Anonycat

Crusader
I don't know of any "new" rundowns....or "new" courses to be released....

Perhaps that was one of the reasons to do GAT II in the first place.

What does concern me are the whales. That billionaire in South Africa....and just learned of a billionaire in Australia.

There are some people for which money is just not a problem....

But on the other hand......becoming rich....to me usually means a shrewd, calculating, hard working individual....Plus a lot of luck.

Perhaps those that are rich....will get tired of giving their money away to these young snots.....and the seasoned regges. Especially if they see the orgs empty...

It sounded to me like many were just fed up with the reg calls about Basic book sets....and such....just sick of it. And the criminality of just taking people's money off their accounts as they pleased...

(isn't there a law suit about that too?)

My feeling is, that even with a billionaire or two handing out cash for a lapel pin, what the reality is matters more. You've got Orgs, Missions and now Ideal Orgs (when they actually need to downsize), and staff sitting there alone. One book sold in a month? Without people taking classes, it's over. The Ideal Org push will expedite the end, by causing an even larger burden on the staff, and the public left wondering what the hell they have this huge building for. That leads to staff finding out that it's that way everywhere, it's not just them.

This slap in the face will cause staff to leave, and the public to feel betrayed and mislead. Once trust is eroded, their most important resources will be gone; the staff and the public.

They have been asked for huge donations, the classes are insanely expensive, they don't work, and then they have an expensive, unneeded building to support. It is disappointment perfected.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I think you meant "from Montana"... minor correction.
Oh well, carry on. :)

Surely you jest. Or is this a reference to one of those 'Brokeback Scientology' things? From Wikipedia...
Tilden, Nebraska
City

Tilden is a city in Antelope and Madison Counties in the U.S. state of Nebraska. The population was 953 at the 2010 census. The Madison County portion of Tilden is part of the Norfolk, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area.

Tilden is the birthplace of Scientology creator L. Ron Hubbard and baseball player and broadcaster Richie Ashburn.

Seriously. Population 953. Tubbs wasn't exactly picked from a vast talent pool, then...

This may have been covered elsewhere but , what else can DM possibly sell (with no beneficial results or expansion ) to the few public Scientologists left ?

I don't think money is the problem. The cult has enough money to gradually wind down over the next thirty years or so, unless they start having to pay out a lot of compensation and fines. I think the big problem is bodies: there simply aren't enough Scientology victims to make the cult look like a going concern anymore. Each media event is a little more desperate than the one before, and their "if you build it they will come" philosophy makes ever-larger buildings that are each more difficult to fill than the last.

They choose their camera angles with cunning, and use rows of shrubs to channel people into tight groupings; they use Photoshop to try to conceal empty spaces, and release balloons and confetti to try to obscure their numbers, but this 'church' has far fewer members than they need. Because a well-heeled pseudoreligion ceases to be a pseudoreligion if it doesn't have adherents: without people attending 'services' (always a weak point for Scientology) all you have left is a network of museums. Given the subject matter contained in those museums, celebrating the life of such an evil man, it's no wonder that they're all standing empty.

Not with a bang, perhaps with a whimper: it's over.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Surely you jest. Or is this a reference to one of those 'Brokeback Scientology' things? From Wikipedia...
Tilden, Nebraska
City

<snip>

For example, I don't consider the city where I was born to be the area where I lived most of my childhood.
The area where I lived most of my childhood is where I consider to be where I am from.

For Hubbard, that would be Montana even though he was born in Nebraska.

Leland

Crusader
IMO....it not what's left to sell.....But rather, they have too many things to sell.

the "Purif"

"Clear Certainty Rundown"

"Sunshine Rundown.."

I remember the the days before KTL and LOC.....and Pro TRs...with Clay Table.

Then FPRD....was added..

Then the IAS membership....

IMO....the "Chinese School" and talking to a wall......on these new GAT courses .....is gonna freak any new people out.

and now Supha Powha...

And these new meters.....

Far from "streamlining " the Bridge.....C of $ has made it almost impossible to go up the "Grade Chart."

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Smurf , I guess I don't know where young people who have not - through South Park , late night comedy and the internet , not to mention Anonymous and other protesters - been permanently put off Scientology are going to come from.

I heard that in a survey Scientology is less popular then the KKK , and those insane racist scum murder little kids and lynch innocent people! I think most people recognize Scientology as a bona fide cult or at least crazy or a scam. Do you really think that there is a significant pool of new recruits in the US?

Hoe much education & awareness has here been to date about drinking while driving & using dangerous illicit drugs? Quite a bit over many decades. But, we continually hear about the multiple arrests & deaths as result of young people drinking & driving in the U.S. today. There has also been alor of media exposure of young people not only experimenting with the widely-known drugs like cocaine, heroin & ecstasy, but now we're hearing about young people searching for new inventive ways to get high.. bath salts, eating Angel's Trumpet & other flowers.. and dying as a result.

As socially aware as some young people are, most are very resilient to being told what they should do or not do...before they can personally judge something as good or bad, they want to experience it. Don't ask me about the lunacy of this mindset, but it's there & the cults & the con men of the world know it. :duh:

Anonycat

Crusader
Hoe much education & awareness has here been to date about drinking while driving & using dangerous illicit drugs? Quite a bit over many decades. But, we continually hear about the multiple arrests & deaths as result of young people drinking & driving in the U.S. today. There has also been alor of media exposure of young people not only experimenting with the widely-known drugs like cocaine, heroin & ecstasy, but now we're hearing about young people searching for new inventive ways to get high.. bath salts, eating Angel's Trumpet & other flowers.. and dying as a result.

As socially aware as some young people are, most are very resilient to being told what they should do or not do...before they can personally judge something as good or bad, they want to experience it. Don't ask me about the lunacy of this mindset, but it's there & the cults & the con men of the world know it. :duh:

I think that young people might want to get buzzed sometimes, but not join a cult. I think the comparison is unfair. Those things you mentioned, or taking a pill at a rave, may have some cultural popularity, but not scientology. Just because they know scientology is bad news, does not mean that will entice them into taking a class. I really can't imagine a future with scientology doing okay or even surviving.

About getting buzzed -- in my first semester of college psychology, it was explained that people like to get buzzed because it causes changes in the brain. People like changes in their brain. That is why most Americans consume drink or drug, or coffee, or whatever. That's why we hear about car wrecks and so on, attributed to (over) consumption. Joining a cult is not the buzz the brain likes.

Re-re-re-verified on source materials ? New Platinum meters ? Solid gold orgs to draw in Wogs who love shiny objects ? WTF ?

I am serious what is the next planned phase for Scientology, cause they can't get in 99% of young Americans and over 90 plus % of older Americans so who's left ?

I know they love whales and celebrities , but that will only get you so far.

You can't keep bringing Tom Cruise and John Travolta to COMPLETELY EMPTY ideal orgs forever !

They will probably be out of the killing rehab patients business soon and other front groups keep getting exposed , so please , please tell me what's left ?

When super power flops they'll be out of excuses. Are we up for GAT III , word clearing every letter in every HCOB and PL ?

This is a real question .

They could get TC to get married to an up-and-coming actress again. Do you think that'd work? LRH says find out what was the successful action and repeat it.
--yeah I know, but it WAS successful,once. Don't introduce arbitraries.

Leland

Crusader
I think that young people might want to get buzzed sometimes, but not join a cult. I think the comparison is unfair. Those things you mentioned, or taking a pill at a rave, may have some cultural popularity, but not scientology. Just because they know scientology is bad news, does not mean that will entice them to taking a class. I really can't imagine a future with scientology doing okay or even surviving.

Agreed. Scientology is over.

PLUS...Smurf....look at the kids today...(thats a song isn't it? :biggrin:) Joking aside....what kid doesn't have a cell phone....and free internet access....at McDonald's....the Public Library....StarBucks....even at the MALL.

They are much more savvy, IMO. They would surf the web and read stuff.
PLUS....what are the regs gonna do when the new person that does come in starts asking about Xenu and aliens....and all that ....LIE? Yes, they will, and then what is that person gonna think? That they are being lied to and the reg is full of shit? Yes.

Scientolgoy is going DOWN.......it already has gone down.

We are so focused on it here....on ESMB.....

But in the world....it is a joke.