What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am looking forward to seeing YouTube videos of the FCDC picket. They have a separate building now, I heard, don't know if it is finished yet. They also have an L. Ron Hubbard Museum.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I am looking forward to seeing YouTube videos of the FCDC picket. They have a separate building now, I heard, don't know if it is finished yet. They also have an L. Ron Hubbard Museum.

Hmmm... moved from the 'Martian Embassy'? That was a *great* place to picket. And, they had this cool balcony where people used to stand giving the 'Death Stare'.

Zinj

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Steps A - E is what Ty would have done to restore his good status. He is the leader of an active FSM group in Los Angeles so at some point he had to do it (or give a ton of money in lieu of completing A-E). One of the steps is playing off any Freeloaders Debt.

A - J is a list of PTS definitions, which include things like being connected to a person who is antagonistic to Scn, only being in the org to report on things, being a criminal, etc. There is a metered A-J Check which is used to filter these problematic individuals from services.

Div6

Crusader
Hmmm... moved from the 'Martian Embassy'? That was a *great* place to picket. And, they had this cool balcony where people used to stand giving the 'Death Stare'.

Zinj

No. They still have the "Martian Embassy" as the main base of operations. They bought their "Ideal Org" building (at 15th and R Streets) which I guess is being renoed. (Time for an obs mission.) They also bought the original "Founding Church" buildings on 19th street, which are currently being used as a Museum. 2125 S Street was sold and converted to condos. Please don't picket there.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Wow where has this thread been - Anybody around here remember when Franks had everybody watch Patton one evening?

Well anyway I used to like Schwartz's. There was a mean old black lady who waited on the two tables in the front of the store and the guy with the clubfoot made the best sandwiches in the universe. I know because I ate there once every two days. That's because that's when I ate. Period.

Div6

Crusader
Wow where has this thread been - Anybody around here remember when Franks had everybody watch Patton one evening?

Well anyway I used to like Schwartz's. There was a mean old black lady who waited on the two tables in the front of the store and the guy with the clubfoot made the best sandwiches in the universe. I know because I ate there once every two days. That's because that's when I ate. Period.

I heard about that...wasn't there at the time.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
I wouldn't know where to start! Besides, I was a minor blip on the screen. Worked next to Guy Castle down in the dungeon. God I hated that red headed LRH Comm from New Zealand...

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Does anyone remember a guy at DC around 1974-75 who worked as
a Reg...had long handle bar (red?) moustache? I was there for a Dianetic
internship for 3 or 4 days around that time. When I had completed
the internship and wanting to leave for home, the guy put a heavy
Reg on me for whatever he was trying to sell...He tried to physically
stop me from leaving without "signing up"...as I recall he desisted
when I told him to take his hands off me or one of us would end up
on the floor...I must have sounded like I meant it (I did!).

Div6

Crusader
I wouldn't know where to start! Besides, I was a minor blip on the screen. Worked next to Guy Castle down in the dungeon. God I hated that red headed LRH Comm from New Zealand...

When Guy was the adresso officer? You run the printing press?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was there in 68 69 I bolded names I recall

I hear from Dietz every now and then. Abbey and Steve I remember vaguely.

I'm in touch with Richard Romejko, married to Patty (Wisner). Craig and Barb Waters I hear from occasionally. They are making furniture like, Greg Gloor and his group.

Here is a list of some of those that were there while I was on staff:
Irene and Joe Breeden, Rex Rhodes, Joan Tourtelot, Dave Richards, Larry Spinks, John Hoffman, Don and Pandora Cooper (and later Hustler fame), John Devereux, Peter and Andrea Letterese, Jeff (sp) Krowden (Registrar), Glen Smoak, Dan Deming, Brad and Rebecca Sweigert, Brad Brewster, Annie from the GO's Office,Bobby Wisner (Michael now), John Ruane, Maddy Ruane, Sue and Paul Wasserman, Rick Miller, Leslie Shields.

I forgot, I don't know how.....Gordon Bell. How anyone could forget him I don't know.:omg:

Annie is Ann Fewel (sounds like, not certain of spelling) Paula Quigley (died recently of cancer)
add John Gillespie, Jeff Filburt, Shiela and David Aldrich, Pem and Roz Wall, Brian ---- (reg),

Gordon Bell is still a friend of mine, hes in nevada, and very out, meditates, he wrote up a thing for me about his discovery of BPC see http://www.lermanet.com/exit/bypassedcharge.htm
He published a book named "The Golden Troubador"

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors

Annie is Ann Fewel (sounds like, not certain of spelling) Paula Quigley (died recently of cancer)
add John Gillespie, Jeff Filburt, Shiela and David Aldrich, Pem and Roz Wall, Brian ---- (reg),

Gordon Bell is still a friend of mine, hes in nevada, and very out, meditates, he wrote up a thing for me about his discovery of BPC see http://www.lermanet.com/exit/bypassedcharge.htm

I remember Gordon from the mid 70's. Kind of. I know that one of the guys used to always say that Gordon would get out of all hands because as he and Gordon were slipping out of the building, whoever was in charge of stopping people from leaving would never see Gordon even though he was right there. I don't know if this was his elevated status as an old timer or what. The guy who mentioned this seemed to think Gordon could make himself disappear.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron

I love Gordon and I am VERY glad he is out. He performed my marriage ceremony on the steps of 1812. If he wants to say hi to send me a PM. and tell him to not to play that damn sax so loud, we poor staff members are trying to get some sleep. Also tell him I am very out if you have the time or the inclination.

Last edited:

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
Fcdc 1970-1973, looks like some of you folks were from Urbana, remember Jon Fox [was ED at Urbana] - let me know where he is and what he is up to, how about Jim Arnold and Sarah Cooley - they got married and living near Chicago, then the Wassermans, and how about Mark Elsner - he was an auditor who divorced first wife to marry an AOLA techie - is he still in?
Then the infamous Bob Wisner - now he calls himself Michael - whose son Gregor by first wife Penny married the really infamous Herb Zerden [google oled Herb] he should be in prison - well Gregor died/sucide who knows for sure. These kids of famous scn'ers have a gruelling existence.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Fcdc 1970-1973, looks like some of you folks were from Urbana, remember Jon Fox [was ED at Urbana] - let me know where he is and what he is up to, how about Jim Arnold and Sarah Cooley - they got married and living near Chicago, then the Wassermans, and how about Mark Elsner - he was an auditor who divorced first wife to marry an AOLA techie - is he still in?
Then the infamous Bob Wisner - now he calls himself Michael - whose son Gregor by first wife Penny married the really infamous Herb Zerden [google oled Herb] he should be in prison - well Gregor died/sucide who knows for sure. These kids of famous scn'ers have a gruelling existence.

Don't know who is in or out - my blow was total. Lost track of everyone. Fox and I went to high school together. After we were both back in IL post-DC I ran into him and invited him over. He was a no-show. Never seen him since.

Div6

Crusader
Don't know who is in or out - my blow was total. Lost track of everyone. Fox and I went to high school together. After we were both back in IL post-DC I ran into him and invited him over. He was a no-show. Never seen him since.

John Fox - I have a vague recollection that after Jay and Patty Armstrong split that he wound up marrying her.

Also, C.R. Bankson was from Champaign-Urbana, last I saw him was in LA. He may have been after your time, though.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
John Fox - I have a vague recollection that after Jay and Patty Armstrong split that he wound up marrying her.

Also, C.R. Bankson was from Champaign-Urbana, last I saw him was in LA. He may have been after your time, though.

Mmmm not unless Patty came to Chicago because I'm pretty sure Jon didn't go back to DC. Of course Jon was pretty good with OGW. Bankson I don't know at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.