What's new

I Left the Church a Year Ago Today

alexm

Patron with Honors
I decided to leave the church a year ago tonight and I have not looked back since. :happydance:

Jason Beghe's video helped me totally get out and shortly after watching that I found this site and my life has never been the same. In a very good way. :happydance:

Thanks to all for listening and those who encouraged me to write my story, to those who read it and to those you liked it. :happydance:

However, for every person who leaves Scientology, many are still in. :bigcry: I have not heard from my best friend since March the 8th. He has not emailed me or called me since then and I have made several attempts to contact him. Tomorrow is the end of his 2.5 year contract in Berlin and I know that he has suffered, along with all the good people in Berlin, for nothing and that he like them all, deserves a better life.

David, I know that you are not reading this but, you are my best friend regardless of religion and I hope to hear from you soon. Go home and make a good life for yourself.

I am praying that I hear from you soon and that you are alive and well. You are a good person who needs a good friends especially right now.

Hope to hear from you soon David!

God bless.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alexm good jub! It's been quite a year for you!

I am confident that you will be able to renew your friendship. Just the fact that you left probably has put a question in his mind, and he will eventually put together the pieces enough. Hopefully it won't take too long.

-TL

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Congratulations:thumbsup:

The way things are going I have no doubt that you'll soon be in contact with your friend again.

All my best to you,

TP

alexm

Patron with Honors
I am crossing my fingers. I think his first official day of leaving is today.

I just hope to hear from him regardless.

:begging:

Carmel

Crusader
Goodonya, alexm! :thumbsup: Things should only get better now, on all fronts, and despite any ups and downs. :)

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Congratulations, Alex! :hifive: :dance3: :woohoo:

I know how you feel about your friend: I have tons who are in and have
yet to call me, even though I've heard many are "under the radar".

It's sad to know they're still stuck "in"---most staying due to family.

I agree with what others have said: It won't be too long, the joint
IS falling apart, piece by piece, despite their endless "We're winning"
routines. When you're only going "hip hip hoooray" with other staff
members (for the most part), *that* is when you know it's time to
EXIT STAGE LEFT :thumbsup:

My best to you, and thanks for speaking out!

Tory/Magoo

alexm

Patron with Honors
Thank you so much Tory, you and your videos have helped me out as well. I is great seeing you at protests, meeting you and chatting with you always.

alexm

Patron with Honors
Like I said, he is for sure off his 2.5 years :happydance: that is unless they conned him into signing another contract. :bigcry: That is a possibility that I hope did not happen.