What's new

I've been in Scn since I was 6, left at age 15.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
Welcome!

I was in at 10 or 11 & out for the most part at 18.... long story.

You have done well and will continue to do so. Hug your hubby and kids ~ be glad that the worst is past... and the best is ahead.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
Here's her email, and I'll double you for that comment, Phoenix16! :biggrin:

Just click on link. She sent it to EVERYBODY! Omg, we were laughing to tears over here! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Heaps of people left then. As they are now.

http://www.scientology-cult.com/debbie-cooks-email.html

Then she had a big court case, but she didn't hold up very well for it. David Miscavige was afraid to be called to court, so they paid her off to settle out of court. (Apparently, quite a bit.)

WOW! Just wow. Thanks for sharing this with me Sheila!

I am almost speechless. I did not know about the missing execs of the Watchdog Committee. I suppose when you want totalitarian rule without checks and balances, that is what you do, remove anyone who will check you [Miscavige]. I am in complete awe with how well she called out the major out-ethics. Call it what it is from the top down. Good girl, Deb!

Dianetics on OTs, re-doing rundown processes, quickie grades, and massive fundraising for totalitarian tax free rule. OMG GO GIRL:omg:!

I would have like to see her comment on the re-releasing of LRH Tech. I was around when the Golden Age of Tech and had much to do with it's release, distribution and implementation. I questioned the re-releasing of tech and my mind always went back to KSW 5, Tech Degrades. It troubled back then. Last I heard, there was the Golden Age of Knowledge as of recent. All somehow justified by the fact that missing excerpts of LRH's voice and writings were found. I am still baffled that there were and are many looking forward to re-training on the bridge with this "new" LRH tech. That one has always troubled me. Just saying.

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
Welcome Phoenix! Thank you for posting here.

We were sobbing after we heard Spanky Taylor's story of picking up her baby from the negligent Sea Org Baby Day UNCARE center to find him sick and his eyes glued shut with goo. Broke our hearts! Just when you think Scientology can't get any worse - it does!

:bigcry:

welcome phoenix! glad you're here!

Knows: That one was hard to watch. I myself have almost two square feet of scarring on my body from my time in "Sea Org Baby Day UNCARE" as you called it.

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
Welcome!

I was in at 10 or 11 & out for the most part at 18.... long story.

You have done well and will continue to do so. Hug your hubby and kids ~ be glad that the worst is past... and the best is ahead.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Thank you! I joined at 11 also. I am grateful every day because it is a new day where I can create my own happiness and cultivate my life. It is an awkward experience to say the least because I haven't really sought out anyone who might understand. I still have a great deal of admiration for the study and ethics tech. But I am completely disaffected from the Church for many moons now. I've even went off on a registrar once. I don't know how they got my #. They got OSA involved because I was ex-SO and I had some serious considerations to express. I have my moments. lol

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome ! Welcome!

Boy , do I , uh , have some news for you !!!I , um, how do I put this -

I strongly recommend reading the underground bunker and Jon Atack's articles there . I also have a blog in my signature line written for exes and independent Scientologists . I hope you will check it out . I hope you feel welcome and encouraged to speak out here !!!

:party::party::party: Welcome !!!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Some of you posting or reading this thread may remember Tracy Ekstrand, former Nanny to Hubbard's kids and later Nanny of the Cadet Org nursery. I'm sure you can relate to this story. If you care to contribute to the comments there, it would be helpful.

NY Post/ Acts of Faith
How one woman climbed her way out of Scientology’s elite Sea Org
By Sarah Pulliam Bailey March 27
imrs.php

Tracy Ekstrand is a former follower of Scientology and its Sea Organization. (Photo by Linda Davidson / The Washington Post)

The release Sunday of HBO’s “Going Clear” documentary will bring attention to members and past members of Scientology and to questions about the movement’s allure and controversies.

Among those speaking out is Tracy Ekstrand, who joined the Church of Scientology in 1967 when she was 19. Fourteen years later, after Ekstrand said her daughter’s finger was severed in the door of a Scientology nursery, she made her way out of the the Sea Organization, which includes Scientology’s most elite and loyal members.

Ekstrand said she also served as a steward for the children of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. Karin Pouw, a spokeswoman for Scientology, confirmed that Ekstrand was a nanny in a Scientology day care in Los Angeles, but also said that her supervisor at the day care center said the incident with Ekstrand’s daughter’s finger never happened.[..]
Read on for the rest of this important story

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-her-way-out-of-scientologys-elite-sea-org/

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
Welcome ! Welcome!

Boy , do I , uh , have some news for you !!!I , um, how do I put this -

I strongly recommend reading the underground bunker and Jon Atack's articles there . I also have a blog in my signature line written for exes and independent Scientologists . I hope you will check it out . I hope you feel welcome and encouraged to speak out here !!!

:party::party::party: Welcome !!!

Thank you for sharing. I couldn't find specific articles on Jon Atack's articles and the underground bunker on your blog. Can you link me? I LOVE the George Orwell references and memes, however. I've read 1984 and it is an amazing book! I must add that after watching Going Clear last night, I started to question the very basis upon which all of Scientology and Dianetics operates. I still have admiration for much of the tech although I don't base my life on it. Does that make sense? I know now that LRH Wasn't exactly the all knowing SOURCE as I had learned all those years.

I was really only a kid when I entered Scn. My mom was on staff. She was a free-nanny of sorts when she first joined. She was also in the SO @ FSO in the late 70s later to be the PES at a Class V org. So my childhood was really all Scientology until I later rebelled in my teens after leaving the SO. It was only after I left the SO that I had to really rediscover who I am. I recall vividly how much I loved the book "The Secret" and how the universe responds to and grants you what you intend upon and request using your own gratitude and higher vibrations. It's basically a book about positive postulates and a mantra for how to be happier if you so choose. I expressed my belief about "The Secret" to someone in the Church and I was told that's just squirrel knowledge, and "never mess with such nonsense." But I still really love that book. I just love learning. It is what it is.

JustSheila

Crusader
Chris Shelton's vids are probably the best to start. He's easy to understand and a talented speaker, great at taking apart Scientology, too. Mockingbird likes them, too.

Chris has his own YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF326xyA0QHI7Z5xAwKQDJg

Karen DelaCarriere's YouTube channel is great, too, and will help you catch up with who is in and out and what's been happening in Scientology. It's a long thread. Lots of vids and links of different people:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?31083-Karen-de-la-Carriere-YouTube-Channel

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
Chris Shelton's vids are probably the best to start. He's easy to understand and a talented speaker, great at taking apart Scientology, too. Mockingbird likes them, too.

Chris has his own YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF326xyA0QHI7Z5xAwKQDJg

Karen DelaCarriere's YouTube channel is great, too, and will help you catch up with who is in and out and what's been happening in Scientology. It's a long thread. Lots of vids and links of different people:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?31083-Karen-de-la-Carriere-YouTube-Channel

HOLY EFF I KNOW HIM! That is Sonny Shelton's husband (or ex)! I was in the FOLO with him and Sonny. Ok...wow....going to keep watching now.

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
Well he [Chris Shelton] has certainly articulated his thoughts well on this. I appreciate how he answers questions. Thank you, Chris Shelton (and Sheila). I agree that using logic and skepticism as a tool is part and parcel to being a free thinker and free from being controlled or led into other belief systems that degrade your self awareness. I'd rather be a wolf before I would ever agree to being herded like a sheep again. I'm still really just trying to digest the fact that I recognize him. Pretty trippy!

Also, Chris expressed his belief on extremist organized religion. I can really identify with organized religion and strict doctrines being destructive whether you are absolutely opposed to a specific religion or wholeheartedly in agreement with one, as in atheists and spirituality. Beliefs aren't black and white nor is it up for debate. Spirituality is yours and yours alone. I can agree that belief systems as organized religion and doctrines to said beliefs can be very black and white and organization of religion can get very out of control!!

JustSheila

Crusader
You're welcome, Phoenix8! I'm glad to hear you knew Chris Shelton. I'll bet he'd be pleased to hear from you. We all think highly of him and his vids here. Gotta run now!

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
You're welcome, Phoenix8! I'm glad to hear you knew Chris Shelton. I'll bet he'd be pleased to hear from you. We all think highly of him and his vids here. Gotta run now!

I'd be pleased to reconnect with him. Especially Sonny, I knew her better than her husband. IDK if they are still together.I was only at th FOLO a short time but he may remember me. But I think I need a chance to digest Going Clear, finding this forum, and his YouTube channel. I'm still feeling pretty mind blown lol!! It is always amazing to me how things have a tendency to come full circle in the strangest of ways. I'm out for the night too. Time for a beer and sweet sleep. G'nite all <3

I really wish I found a group like this sooner. Damn.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Sheila I think we clicked LOL on this post at the same instant. Our names appeared in the box simultaneously. What would Jung have to say about the synchronicity?:bong:

LOL, sorry to disappoint, it only means she clicked somewhere between you (re)loading the page and clicking "LOL". The clickies don't get updated "life", like a Disqus page, but just if you click a clickie for that very post (or reload the page). Then all the clickies for that post get reloaded. The post itself for some reason also gets reloaded. Edits that meanwhile have been done, will suddenly show, and embedded videos for example flicker for a second since they take long to load - and if you've been watching a video embedded in that very post, it will stop because of reloading. I see that stuff a lot because just today I was opening about 25 browser windows / threads from "today's posts" to read all that happened on ESMB after the documentary and while I slept. :eyeroll: (And then everything froze, maybe because all the RAM was used up again, the task manager showed it clearly - and yes I've assigned a lot of "ersatz RAM" and space for internet files on the HD as well. It's not a big problem, I don't often open so many browser tabs.)

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
I'd be pleased to reconnect with him. Especially Sonny, I knew her better than her husband. IDK if they are still together.I was only at th FOLO a short time but he may remember me. But I think I need a chance to digest Going Clear, finding this forum, and his YouTube channel. I'm still feeling pretty mind blown lol!! It is always amazing to me how things have a tendency to come full circle in the strangest of ways. I'm out for the night too. Time for a beer and sweet sleep. G'nite all <3

I really wish I found a group like this sooner. Damn.

Hey Phoenix. So glad to hear you got something out of the work I did on my blog and YouTube vids. Contact me any time you'd like. It's easiest to email me via my blog, at http://mncriticalthinker.com or directly at [email protected]. I'd love to hear from you.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
LOL, sorry to disappoint, it only means she clicked somewhere between you (re)loading the page and clicking "LOL". The clickies don't get updated "life", like a Disqus page, but just if you click a clickie for that very post (or reload the page). Then all the clickies for that post get reloaded. The post itself for some reason also gets reloaded. Edits that meanwhile have been done, will suddenly show, and embedded videos for example flicker for a second since they take long to load - and if you've been watching a video embedded in that very post, it will stop because of reloading. I see that stuff a lot because just today I was opening about 25 browser windows / threads from "today's posts" to read all that happened on ESMB after the documentary and while I slept. :eyeroll: (And then everything froze, maybe because all the RAM was used up again, the task manager showed it clearly - and yes I've assigned a lot of "ersatz RAM" and space for internet files on the HD as well. It's not a big problem, I don't often open so many browser tabs.)

Whatever, asshole. Sez you. What's true for me is true. LRH said so.:bong: