What's new

LAWS as basis for repayments

traveller

The Church communicates that it makes repayments of money prepaid for services not taken yet only if one goes through certain procedures.
This is per policy.

Obviously there are many people who have received their payments back by simply writing a letter that they want their money back.

I suppose that the reason why the Church does this is not an expression of Charity but laws which OBLIGE the Church to do a repayment also without going through the routing form.

My question is: WHICH laws apply here?

Thanks,
B.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
From what I remember my husband telling me after he read the entire agreement between the IRS and the CofS is that based on that agreement, they must repay the money.

I don't know what laws apply. But that above is my understanding of the repayments.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
But they still have that 3 or 4 page routing form, correct?

For those fools that can be suckered to "come on down" and go through the required procedures for the refund.

I've seen people walk out while in the middle of the routing form and call the org the next day and demand the refund without having to go thru the routing form and the refund was then sent.

I've also seen refunds paid out without the person going thru the routing form because they did not show up to do the routing form and they were deemed to be "trouble".

Rd00

It would be very worthwhile to find the specific law or direction that makes the cult give repayments. It must be there and it shouldn't be too hard to locate. When people see things like that it clears away doubts and uncertainties. It's very empowering.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
The law?

This is the law...

Not to go on all-fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

Not to suck up Drink; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

Not to eat Fish or Flesh; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

Not to claw the Bark of Trees; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

Not to chase other Men; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

And if one fails the law?

His is the House of Pain.

His is the Hand that makes.

His is the Hand that wounds.

His is the Hand that heals.

Remember this...

LRH is Dr. Moreau.

and...

His is the House of Pain.

Rd00