What's new

Okay, anyone who thinks Rathbun plans to Clear the Planet, raise your hand!

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes

Scientology has clearly been this Martiniano guy's life. He would have to be a strong, strong character to stare the fact in the eye, that it has all been a crock from the get-go. Not many people are that strong. I have no way to be sure I would be that strong, if I were in his situation. The odds, I would say, say No.

There are quite a few people here who have bailed from Scn after many years in, accepted that they were duped, and rebuilt their lives. Maybe sometimes they feel bad for being foolish enough to have wasted so long in the cult. But they can also feel proud of having had the guts to face that fact and move on. I say that's a hard thing to have done. Perhaps not everyone can do it at all. Probably very few can do it immediately.

Yes yes yes yes yes. :thumbsup: Great post SoT. And I try to be patient - but some things just bring the bile up . . . Big Sigh.

Zinjifar said it for me - trying to clear the planet without my permission, a war on wogs
:no:
They can kiss my :censored: :moon: :angry:
I'll go down fighting for MY freedom - REAL freedom.
:yes:

PS: I remember it now, it was Buddha who said, If you meet Buddha along the road, kill him.

Last edited:

lurkanon

Patron with Honors
Marty has not left Scientology. He is simply in a power struggle with DM for control of Scientology, not unlike that of the Hare Krishnas years ago:

http://www.harekrsna.org/gbc/black/immel.htm

Not that Marty is out to murder, but the same pattern of blindly following a former master, being mistreated and then becoming disillusioned, then seeing him as pure evil, is there.

Same chessboard, different players.

AnonKat

Crusader
I figured it out, the guy is still traumatized

There is one trauma that is still atached to this guy and it is Vietnam, he is reliving that over and over again.

lurkanon

Patron with Honors
he never said he did. leave scientology that is.

Exactly. Which is why we should not be surprised that is still trying to Clear the planet, and still filters out "entheta" (critical of him) communications, and lets through "theta" (adoring of him) communications.

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
Although I am not interested in Scientology anymore, I was kind of supporting Marty as he is exposing the crimes of the CoS and by doing so many others are speaking out. Which is a good thing.

But, I had my reservations about his real intent but was waiting to see as it was not totally clear. Well, I think Martiniano made it very clear!

Get your popcorn out people! :drama:

Power struggle is starting again. :eyeroll:

TEoS

Patron with Honors
I will believe your opening statement WHEN you manage to get your killed posts accepted on his blog simply by adding that sentence as you have suggested to them and re-submitting. Otherwise, I must assume that something about the content of said posts is what triggered their exclusion. :whistling:

I'm sure I'm not alone in being permanently blacklisted form Marty The Messhiah's Blog. I wasn't making a song & dance about being blocked either. Marty is a heavily indoctrinated and dedicated Rondroid. To me that explains a lot about his behaviour and ethics.

lurkanon

Patron with Honors
Although I am not interested in Scientology anymore, I was kind of supporting Marty as he is exposing the crimes of the CoS and by doing so many others are speaking out. Which is a good thing.
[...]

Yes, it is good. Any schism weakens the cult, which is good. But there is still the matter of his crimes, and I'm not talking about slapping a few people. He has been silent on those......

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Marty will always remain Scientology's 'Made Man' - made by Hubbard and yes, by Miscavige too, whom he loyally served for decades.

AnonKat

Crusader
Consider this I alway believed Marty gives the Just gone independents the moderation on their own piece.

That will explain a lot

Terril park

Sponsor

But, I had my reservations about his real intent but was waiting to see as it was not totally clear. Well, I think Martiniano made it very clear!

Get your popcorn out people! :drama:

I'll use this post as a starting point for comments.

Many here, and on this thread had the dreams of a better world, were COS parishioners, staffers and SO. This is a positive thing. Were betrayed in many ways.

Some got enormous results from the tech, some lesser results. Broadly
some of those with lesser, or maybe no results became critics. Many of those with good results follow tech regardless of problems along the way.

Really both of the above classes who are interesting in commenting are trying to make a better world.

The chaplain in me says have a dialogue, or at least don't shoot each other. Marty has made a hesitant step in that direction, some here also.

So Tom, and presumably others of Marty's friends are gung ho about clearing the planet. Alanzo should remind them they don't have his
permission!

This is a good intention. Don't really make them a valid target to attack.

Judge them on actions.

A worry is a goal of putting ethics in on the planet. Wrong target.

They try this they will be bashed, and even sometimes rightly so.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Judge them on actions.

Past? Known? Unknown? Current? Known? Unknown? Planned? Known? Unknown?

I'd say one thing is *certain*; the number of actions in *every* category for Marty Rathbun is far higher in the Unknown column. What I *do* know is enough for a judgment. I've given it. If Marty or his partisans consider that judgment unfair there's a solution:

Honesty. Naturally, given the *known* actions by Marty Rathbun, he'll have a hard time convincing people of his honesty, but, the way to turn his credibility issues around is to start now with full disclosure.

Otherwise I will tend to see the unknowns in his bag-o-bull as most likely similar to or worse than his known 'actions'.

But, you're right; judge him by his *actions*; not what he *says*, because what he *says* has no credibility whatsoever, thanks to his track record.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
I'll use this post as a starting point for comments.

Many here, and on this thread had the dreams of a better world, were COS parishioners, staffers and SO. This is a positive thing. Were betrayed in many ways.

some of those with lesser, or maybe no results became critics. Many of those with good results follow tech regardless of problems along the way.

Really both of the above classes who are interesting in commenting are trying to make a better world.

The chaplain in me says have a dialogue, or at least don't shoot each other. Marty has made a hesitant step in that direction, some here also.

So Tom, and presumably others of Marty's friends are gung ho about clearing the planet. Alanzo should remind them they don't have his
permission!

This is a good intention. Don't really make them a valid target to attack.

Judge them on actions.

A worry is a goal of putting ethics in on the planet. Wrong target.

They try this they will be bashed, and even sometimes rightly so.

My thought were along Judge them on their actions too

The Vietnam Vet just needs a home, leave him be otherwise Epic Beard Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8ZDs-D8Ys&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0aB4AnKq1s

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious

I like this new PR spin.

I'll just use the most current example of what "the tech" does for people. Will Rex Fowler please stand up! Good results / no results, laughable.

Feral

Rogue male
That's why I'm not worried about it. It's done but there will be a handful that hang on for the rest of their lives. Lyintology had it's one shot and it blew it. The cat's out of the bag now.

That's right, the shit's out of the donkey now and every one can smell it, 'ceptin' maybe those few koolaide drinkers that are left.

That stuff just don't go back in!

In the future autopsies of the CofS will be played ad nauseum by the worlds media and when the L Ron Hubbard documentary remakes roughly match those made on Hitler in number the world will generally be safe from making any such error as considering it self "clearable".

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I like this new PR spin.

I'll just use the most current example of what "the tech" does for people. Will Rex Fowler please stand up! Good results / no results, laughable.
What Terril is saying (without the artificial sweeteners) is that critics are 'failed cases.' How convenient for him. Saves the dear boy having to think outside the Scientology box.

Terril park

Sponsor
What Terril is saying (without the artificial sweeteners) is that critics are 'failed cases.' How convenient for him. Saves the dear boy having to think outside the Scientology box.

Not saying that at all.

Those in the SO had to face horror.

That they left in person and ideology would be considered normal.

Usually there "cases" were never addressed and they experienced extreme inval and degradation

Feral

Rogue male

I have never seen Terril imply any such thing. I know he accepts the failures of the tech in the critic community as valid.

If anything Terril suffers from rose coloured glasses when it comes to Hubbard, but generally he's quite balanced....other than the fact he seems to have dedicated his life to ensuring PCs can find FZ auditors.

Terril has a heart of gold and I've always admired him. In fact I was going to make a statue of him but I couldn't find a piece of wood thick enough.:coolwink:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
TOP 100 REASONS WHY IT'S NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA TO GO TO A PARTY IF YOU ARE INVITED BY A SMILING, WINNING, MUDBALL-CLEARER.

* later when it's time to leave the party, they have people with cash registers blocking the exits.

* if you are not having enough fun at the party, you are sent to a mean looking kid in a party hat they call the ethics officer.

* half-way thru the party bossy people in naval costumes come in and start yelling.

* if you leave the party before you are given permission, there are people staked out in train stations, bus terminals and airports hunting you down.

* The only pickup line that works on hot Scn chicks is to look them in the eye, tone 40, and say: "So, what do you say, are we gonna clean up this mudball?"

* When something at the party makes you laugh, people from the Office of Special Party Affairs rush over and begin videotaping you, asking repeatedly: "Who is joking and degrading and what did they say exactly?"

* Marty Rathbun and his people demand to see a transcript of what you plan to say at the party so they can help you come uptone and eliminate the entheta parts.

* The DJ doesn't play music but only tracks from Space Jazz mixed with Ron rapping from RJ67.

* The best part of the party is when each person shows their production graph and tells what crimes they committed that prevented the planet from already being clear.​

...........there are a lot more reasons I have a feeling.