What's new

stressing out on solo nots

I bolded the part I want to talk about here. I finished OT7 and did OT8. Part of OT8 was that we cleaned up any copies of BTs that were still hanging around. Then, we were advised that LRH said it was all a dub in. I think I read it in his handwriting, but I don't remember that right now. At the time, I was shocked by the admission. Dub in? What? All the past lives and experiences? Dub in? Or all the BTs past lives? Or all the BTs were all just dub in? Just the statement it was all a dub in was... WTF!
... snipped....

That does have a way of snapping one into present time, I found.
So how does one explain this: Why would any OT 8 then go on to do their L's if it's all dub in? Not invalin', just askin' Mimsey

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
So how does one explain this: Why would any OT 8 then go on to do their L's if it's all dub in? Not invalin', just askin' Mimsey

EXACTLY! I never understood that either. :duh:

Well actually, I did come up with a couple of answers to that. 1) Maybe they were still trying to see if they could get the gains they were expecting on the Ls that weren't gotten elsewhere? And 2) Maybe they needed to show someone/others that they were still drinking the koolaid? 3) Maybe the "it's all dubbed in" part didn't bother them?

I don't know. Just some ideas I had about it.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
This comment is from Forever Lurker on Marty's site. :confused2:

I did the Clearing Course . . . you know, old school style. I’ve never doubted the benefit I got (something really good happened at the end), but in recent years I’ve wondered if it was actually based on a “real incident” or not. A construct perhaps, as you put it. I’ve concluded this: it maybe doesn’t matter.

If the incident portrayed is real . . . then by doing the steps of the level we are essentially “running it out.” And poof, at one point the Clear EP, an EP happens.

If the incident portrayed is not real, or as you put it a “construct” of one man . . . then by doing the steps of the level we are essentially doing a form of early 50′s mock up processing or “creative processing.” And poof, at one point the Clear EP, an EP happens.

Old OT IV was sort of a reprise. Those who have done it will know what I mean.

So viewing it that way, it sorta doesn’t matter as long as the person benefited from it. I’ve stopped worrying either way. It did a lasting good for me and that’s all I really care about. Make sense?

What is real and actual . . . gets “run out.”

What is not real and not actual . . . takes on more of a form of creative processing (early 50′s) . . . or could even loosely be compared to “creative visualization” in other practices, but with more of a format or series of steps.

Just my two cents . . . since you brought up constructs.

Albeit an astronomically expensive and lengthy form of creative processing or creative visualization. :whistling:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Mimsey, your description was totally correct. Gave me the heebie-jeebies reading it. Being at Flag trying to get on 7 and then being on it until you were okayed to leave on that stupid routing form and then finally buckling your seatbelt on the plane home was like being traumatized while suppressing yourself from screaming.
My wife, friends and family all knew that they needed to allow 2 weeks from whenever I returned from Flag until I was truly myself again. I'd spend the first 2 weeks home intensively auditing out the Flag Experience!
There's no Release experience quite like taking off from Tampa Airport, heading for home! :hysterical:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Lol, me too, Arthur. I always did my laundry on Friday nights while everyone else was at Graduation. I got away with it by creating an aura of "I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I'm supposed to do." :)
I hit the movies! :)

Exactly 9 years ago, I was at Flag for my last of three times getting onto or back onto Solo NOTS. Everything progressed just as the OP stated.

But this night was quite different - it was Game 4 of the World Series between Boston and St. Louis. I had been representing my Red Sox all throughout the series, wearing my Curt Shilling jersey (yes, I had his jersey even before the bloody sock incident) and cap in the courseroom - even had one of the storm trooper RTC Reps telling me to take off my cap in the Part B courseroom because it was disrespectful to the Old Man!

Well, anyway this night of Game 4 was extra special, because the Sox enjoyed and 3-0 lead in the series and a win that night or in any of the subsequent 3 games would put and end the the Curse of the Bambino! And I was fired up.

Over the dinner hour in the Sandcastle I had arraigned with John ? (the wonderful young man who grew up in the cadet org and was overall IC of all food service there) to hook me up with a couple trays of nachos, near-beer and assorted snacks - enough for anybody and everybody who wandered into the canteen to join in.

By the time course ended at 10:00pm I was bouncing off the walls to get out of the courseroom and reach the canteen where John had assured me the game would be in progress on the big screen. I arrived to the joyous news that the Sox were winning the game and the nachos arrived and we all had a wonderful evening celebrating!

I'm planning more or less a repeat for tonight - except that I'll be at home with neighbors and family!

GO SOX!!!

Happy for you NOT OK!!!! Just thought I'd jump in here and remind you that you still owe me dinner! :) Just saying hi and dont' want you to forget! Don't respond; just PM, if anything. No plans soon, but you never know! :)

Let me restimulate a little something: :wink2: When you got good and tired of eating at the
Sandcastle
day after day . . . or ran a little short of pocket money . . . well, you always
had Checkers where you and your twin could manage to chow down during the dinner
break.

11.gif
eating-burger.gif
.:ill:....Pass the Alka Seltzer, please.

checkers.jpg

.......Currently shuttered (fortunately), AFAIK. :biggrin:

Thank God, I only did that once! How awful! I heard a lot of people ate there frequently. Barf!

Dean Blair

My answer to you Mimsey would be "Now that you have cognited you were mocking up your own bank and all the BTs and Clusters we will address you as an immortal being on the Ls".

Then when your done with the Ls there is always super power and of course more objectives and Gag II and it will never end. When Hubbard hisself was dying, he was still swatting at BTs.

Scientology is like a fucking hamster wheel and you will never get to the end of it until you quit agreeing with it and leave.

My answer to you Mimsey would be "Now that you have cognited you were mocking up your own bank and all the BTs and Clusters we will address you as an immortal being on the Ls".

Then when your done with the Ls there is always super power and of course more objectives and Gag II and it will never end. When Hubbard hisself was dying, he was still swatting at BTs.

Scientology is like a fucking hamster wheel and you will never get to the end of it until you quit agreeing with it and leave.

If you don't achieve the Toilet Paper EP* the first time you walk into an org bathroom, then you may be in for a long ride

Toilet Paper EP* When you ask yourself 'how the fuck is this organization going to clear the planet when they can't even keep their bathrooms stocked with toilet paper.'

Dean Blair

I bolded the part I want to talk about here. I finished OT7 and did OT8. Part of OT8 was that we cleaned up any copies of BTs that were still hanging around. Then, we were advised that LRH said it was all a dub in. I think I read it in his handwriting, but I don't remember that right now. At the time, I was shocked by the admission. Dub in? What? All the past lives and experiences? Dub in? Or all the BTs past lives? Or all the BTs were all just dub in? Just the statement it was all a dub in was... WTF!

Well, then, you read the OT8 success stories, like mine: Oh, I am totally in present time now. No past holding me down anymore. Uh, yeah, well DUH! It was all a dub in, you idiot! You paid tens of thousands of dollars and all those years and all that stress to be lead down an imaginary road and were told the bitter, painful truth at the end. You better smile when you stand up and give your wins at graduation, you fool. Nobody knows what a fool you are except other OT8 completions and the C/Ss.

On the one hand, it was a big slap in the face for being so gullible, but on the other hand it was quite a relief. My interpretation of it being a dub in lumped it all together and threw it out of my universe. All the BTs, clusters and all their drama, which I now considered dub in, out of my universe. The intergalactic story, I threw in there as dub in too and it was thrown out. It was like I was reborn into a new way of thinking without all that crap anywhere near me. Yea, that took years off my life in my appearance. Truly. I felt tons lighter, too, knowing I didn't have to think about all that anymore because it was all dub in. It really felt like a new start.

Now, we won't mention too much all the money, time and stress involved in dealing with this created-by-LRH-in-the-first-place alternate universe that I dealt with for years as being my OT case and then suddenly he says, Ooops. Just kidding. All dubbed in. Wha?? Just kidding? Dub in?

That does have a way of snapping one into present time, I found.

Thank you Immortal for your post. I was laughing at the way you told your story and not at you. I have had a lot of laughs regarding my own never ending journey as well. No one has ever gotten the EP that Hubbard claimed could be obtained by going Clear and OT. Not one. Hubbard hisself did not have any of these fantastic abilities he was promoting. It was all in his imagination. He told us the stories and we believed in him much like Reed Slatkins investors believed in what Reed told them.

I ate there once... once! :biggrin:
Me too. I also hit some of the other local restaurants - they were always ghost towns. How they survived was beyond me. When I first was at Flag I stayed at the HOC (Heart of Clearwater - later renamed the Yachtman) and they had stoves and fridges - so I went to the Pubix (yeah - I later realized it was the Publix) and lived on hot dogs and spaghetti. It was quick and cheep - what else could I cook in a half an hour and make it back for roll call?

Mimsey

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
What was the name of that Cajun Kitchen joint just across the park?
I liked their chicken, rice, beans and stuff.
I loved the Greek Restaurant across from the Yachtsman.
I ate breakfast there every day and often went there for dinner.

CO2

Patron Meritorious
I did the Clearing Course . . . you know, old school style. I’ve never doubted the benefit I got (something really good happened at the end), but in recent years I’ve wondered if it was actually based on a “real incident” or not. A construct perhaps, as you put it. I’ve concluded this: it maybe doesn’t matter.

If the incident portrayed is real . . . then by doing the steps of the level we are essentially “running it out.” And poof, at one point the Clear EP, an EP happens.

If the incident portrayed is not real, or as you put it a “construct” of one man . . . then by doing the steps of the level we are essentially doing a form of early 50′s mock up processing or “creative processing.” And poof, at one point the Clear EP, an EP happens.

So viewing it that way, it sorta doesn’t matter as long as the person benefited from it. I’ve stopped worrying either way. It did a lasting good for me and that’s all I really care about. Make sense?

What is not real and not actual . . . takes on more of a form of creative processing (early 50′s) . . . or could even loosely be compared to “creative visualization” in other practices, but with more of a format or series of steps.

Albeit an astronomically expensive and lengthy form of creative processing or creative visualization. :whistling:

what incident?

it was a bunch of dichotomies, and OT 2 was where they got reprised, not OT 4

In 1968-1976, I spent no more than $4K on grades, power, solo, Clear-OT3, and the HSDC, and the shsbc, and then I left.

Veda

Sponsor
The Clearing Course, OT 2, and OT 3 are about implants. On (old) OT 4, the person "mocks up" the (by then "erased") Clearing Course implant content, making the Tone Arm go up (mass), and then "unmocks," making the Tone Arm go down (blown mass). This protects one from future implanting, supposedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVqN4ivQ_TM&feature=player_embedded

Video from the 1968 confidential 'Class 8' course.

There's a "explanation," by Hubbard, of the Clearing Course Implants, OT 2 Implants, and OT 3 implants on 5:10 to 6:10 of this video.

__________​

Hubbard told Scientologists their past, the content of which he was the authoritative source. He virtually owned Scientologists by giving them their future ("Your next endless trillions"), and further owned them by giving them their past.

When Hubbard had his 2nd mental and emotional breakdown, after the 1977 FBI raids, he "bounced back" by regressing to the time before he knew Mary Sue (who was then on her way to federal prison), and, re-emphasized Dianetics, which, for the first time since May 1950, once again - presto! - "made Clears." He also returned to his primary activity, pre-Mary Sue, and started writing Science Fiction novels, even though he had emphasized, in the early 1970s, that he did not want to be identified as a Science Fiction writer and Scientology was to downplay that aspect of his past.

At the level of Dianetics, post 1978, the person is told he can "go Clear" on Dianetics, and - presto! again - Scientologists did, happily placing themselves in the mental box called "Clear." On Dianetics a person is expected to "go back track" into "past lives," and whatever the person comes up with is "run." Usually the person is delighted with having "run" a "past life," etc., and the auditor is impressed with the way in which the e-meter responded - pretty much as it should have - and everyone is satisfied. Unfortunately, the items run and "erased" in Dianetics usually return - or never actually go away - and the person finds himself addressing them again on such actions as NOTs.

Not uncommonly, a new Scientologist first encounters "his past" when reading the 1952 book 'History of Man', originally titled 'What to Audit':

"This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years."

__________​

From old timer John Sanborn, speaking of the 1950s:

"In a Phoenix Congress... he talked about spooky whole track stuff. He had a floodlight on the floor in front of this little platform shining up, because that makes you look ghouly. And his face looked really weird and outer space and really crazy... and he talked weird... I think he was trying to drive people a little bit wacko so they'd fall into his hand a little bit."

___________​

A small sampling of Hubbardian oobleck:

3) From the lecture "Auditing Comm Cycles" 06 Aug 1963:

"Now, I'll give you an idea - an idea of this. For instance, I know where I was and who I was, and know with good certainty, who I was and where I was in the last eighty trillion years. See, I know that; that's not much of an argument with me. But the small details of that are liable to go fritter-fritter here and there. You know, what did I have for breakfast two trillion years ago? No. Nix, man. Nah. Did I even eat, you see? That sort of thing is getting pretty dim."

___________​

From OT 2:

"Many persons experience unreality at the start of [whole track implant] GPM running; this leaves when you see the meter reads."

__________​

This is an excerpt from one of the implants on OT 2. (I copied it from the materials to the Net, originally, because it's the one OT 2 implant that does not have the term "GPM" in it, so it wouldn't be necessary to explain what "GPM," in this case, "implant GPM," meant.) It's a typical implant description. The dates, Hubbard later decided, are "implant dates," with the actual date being 75 million years ago. The "implant date" is nonetheless still important, so the theory goes, as that must be "duplicated" for the "as-isness" to occur, and the "charge to blow." Unfortunately, along with the "charge," the person's critical faculties on the topic of Hubbard and Scientology are being "blown" also.

Anyway, the eyes of the impressionable OT 2 solo auditor would be uncritically - with TRs in - reading, while holding the electrodes of his e-meter:

"They are implant incidents...

"Trillions, 20,095.

"Hot Cold.

"This is a pole with a split in it. The back split is hot, the front is cold. Two temperatures. Duration is 1 [and] 1/8th seconds...

"Dance Mob.

"Trillions, 18,992.

"This duration is 7/8 of a second. There is a pole that pulls one in. One is caught in the pole."

And a little more:

"230 trillions.

"This seeks to install...

"Implanter X... Target X," etc. [Shows diagram of implant], etc.

He would then usually see his meter react in some fashion, much to his surprise and delight.

He would also have "wins" and "case gain," which, ultimately, usually don't amount to very much, but do leave him with the memory of having had experiences of elation related to the "tech." For some people this is enough to leave them satisfied, even though they are, ultimately, still "homo saps" and have not become "OT," which is what they were promised when they decided to trustingly open wide their minds to "Hubbard Guidance."

Terril park

Sponsor

L's are about dealing with one's own evil intentions. Dosn't really matter if they are dubbed in, as in say dramatizing an SP valence, or really your own. They'll screw you up.

Terril park

Sponsor

I've come to increasingly think much of the gains were like those of creative processing. They are some of the most powerful processes known but are
limited in effect. But we are magical and creative and maybe figure out a way to usefully do this. Then they become akin to OT processes. We create, and counter create. Mental, spiritual exercises to head in the direction of where we want to go.