What's new

Alanzo Apologism 101: Does Anti-Scientology Deserve Any Criticism?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
This is a very insightful and honorable post.

When I started posting on OCMB and then here on ESMB a certain "VIP" poster tried to help me learn how to post in the "correct" way by sending me flattering and "corrective" pm's. I've since learned they were equally generous in sharing time from their hectic schedule with other newbies.
Yes I had heard that from others, but everyone was too scared to say because of backlash. And I was too scared to "criticise" or call it out.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I never would have known Karen#1 was such a large donor to ESMB...........except she made a point of bringing it to our attention every year :D
So when Emma lied about me being the biggest donor ever to ESMB, everyone here knew it was a lie?

And no one said anything?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lawsuits.

You've seen at least as many as I have since we've been out.

It's always the same cycle, "OH!! GOOGDY! Another LAWSUIT! All my hopes and dreams of justice will finally be fulfilled and we're going TAKE THE CULT DOWN!"

Then... HEADLY CASE - Not only did they not win, the Church set an important legal precedent.

Then RATHBUN Case...total shit show.

Yes, Laura's case won - after 8 years. Did it even slow them down? Not a bit.

I mean - it's good for the individuals involved to win. But justice does not get served overall.

And of course, the violent psycho David Miscavige is STILL in power, STILL doing whatever he wants to Scientologists.
What do you suggest Alan?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Boston Red Sox are looking for you CP.

They need your help desperately.

What were the HUGE BLACK LIES? That placing small children into a chain locker for weeks at a time was bad for them?
five days is a long time but it isn't weeks

I'm in touch with The Olde Towne Team; we be defending champs until we got nothin' to defend but we be also tailoring our hit man for The Evil Empire...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is a whole belief system which has been created for Exes to adopt - the anticult movement belief system - which is not factual.

And further, it is self-destructive.

It does not give Exes anything they can use to re-adjust to mainstream society after their 'cult brainwashing" in a minority religion, as they come to believe.

Nor does the anticult movement belief system allow any kind of constructive basis for analysis of their previous self as a "cult member".

It's bad.

And I'm back on ESMB to demonstrate why it's bad. And to try to present more science-based alternatives to this self-destructive belief system so Exes can have the information they need to make informed decisions.

I'm an idiot.

I care about Ex-Scientologists.
You read my book yet?

"The Amendment, Revised, Corrected and Refined", William Birdwood, Amazon $6.00

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Damn! No one ever shared with me what beliefs were acceptable as part of this anticult movement.

And no one even shared with me that there was even a movement.

Actually, it sounds like complete bullshit.

Straight from the Megalurch Unlimited own bullshit tanks

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is a whole belief system which has been created for Exes to adopt - the anticult movement belief system - which is not factual.

It does not give Exes anything they can use to re-adjust to mainstream society after their 'cult brainwashing" in a minority religion, as they come to believe.

Nor does the anticult movement belief system allow any kind of constructive basis for analysis of their previous self as a "cult member".

It's bad.

And I'm back on ESMB to demonstrate why it's bad. And to try to present more science-based alternatives to this self-destructive belief system so Exes can have the information they need to make informed decisions.

I'm an idiot.

You are saying, perhaps, there is a... ahem... "politically correct" way to be an ex-scientologist?

Always with the finest bullshit, Megalurch Unlimited takes special pride in it's industrial strength Politically Correct Bullshit custom concocted to any form outside of The Way Thins Are

freethinker

Sponsor
Really, in the discussion of Scientology, this kind of uniform groupthink MAINLY occurs where Mike Rinder & Karen De La Carriere, and their surrogates, are in control of the board. That is where I saw this strange anti-free speech trend in the discussion of Scientology first emerge - with the emergence of Marty, Mike and Karen back in 2009/2010.
Evidence?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
five days is a long time but it isn't weeks

I'm in touch with The Olde Towne Team; we be defending champs until we got nothin' to defend but we be also tailoring our hit man for The Evil Empire...
I'm not sure where you got this figure of 5 days.

Multiple witnesses said some children were in their for weeks. Here's a quote from one of them:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/mayo.htm

The length of time for children would vary, but no one was there less than a day. The average was a week or two. Three weeks was about the maximum. Age didn't matter. The youngest kids were 5, 6 or 7. Old, young, men, women, big, little; it wouldn't matter because to Scientologists the being is ageless so you don't think in terms of how young or old someone is.
Interview with David Mayo, Palo Alto, California, 28 August 1986

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not sure where you got this figure of 5 days.

Multiple witnesses said some children were in their for weeks. Here's a quote from one of them:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/mayo.htm

The length of time for children would vary, but no one was there less than a day. The average was a week or two. Three weeks was about the maximum. Age didn't matter. The youngest kids were 5, 6 or 7. Old, young, men, women, big, little; it wouldn't matter because to Scientologists the being is ageless so you don't think in terms of how young or old someone is.
Interview with David Mayo, Palo Alto, California, 28 August 1986
thanx for the link pitsy

i'd never seen this mayo material

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
thanx for the link pitsy

i'd never seen this mayo material
I did quote from some of it in the past, but now you got the whole thing.
I've also linked to it in response to at least one of your posts, CP. If you didn't see it before it's 'cause you didn't follow the link. You're supposed to click on these things, you know.

Here's a post where I linked to it.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/trs-and-the-ganzfeld-effect.42491/page-13#post-1169776

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I disagree.

A mafia boss's underlings support him because he has reliably delivered wealth and power to them, and can be turned against their boss if they face prison and financial ruin.

DM is more like Charles Manson. He has people religiously devoted to him. It is that religious devotion which needs to first be peeled away.
I think it is more like the neurosis and phobias, installed through association and participation in scientology, need to be overcome and then the members would be willing to confront the egregious psychopathic tryrant. This really is not a religious issue it is a mental health issue on both sides.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's just loyalty.

Regular human loyalty.

That's all.
You might like to read George K Simon Jr.'s book "How did we end up here" and its companion "Character Disturbances" :D .....oh crap....I just realized I still have 3 untouched books on kindle WTF am I doing here.? :eek:

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's bad.

I'm an idiot.

Well I have to admit I have not done so much laughing since a long time while reading on ESMB as I have reading your comments Al... .thanks, I needed some good chuckles away from the more serious reading I have been doing.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've also linked to it in response to at least one of your posts, CP. If you didn't see it before it's 'cause you didn't follow the link. You're supposed to click on these things, you know.

Here's a post where I linked to it.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/trs-and-the-ganzfeld-effect.42491/page-13#post-1169776
That link is to just a small portion and yes, I did read that link then...

I got my ears on and my eyes open.

But the total on darkside is still far short of the total on light side; you got anything on dark side to match the EST my father got on papers signed by my BITCH stepmother at the Carrier "Clinic" three years before he died at 53? Much less the tens of thousands with dime store ice picks jammed into their frontal lobes?

mais j'ecousiant...