What's new

Is Scientology technological Buddhism? So says Marty.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
scn as a "technology" is an intersting attempt at sliding it through as a legitimate something or another.

In spite of the ranting of a madman ( LRH ) and the camp followers (scn'gists ) there is no bona fide certificable scientific proof that it unoformly or consistently "works".

scn may be many things but a real technology it isn't, well, it is a real gyp - but other than that, what IS real about it?

What good is scn?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
scn as a "technology" is an intersting attempt at sliding it through as a legitimate something or another.

In spite of the ranting of a madman ( LRH ) and the camp followers (scn'gists ) there is no bona fide certificable scientific proof that it unoformly or consistently "works".

scn may be many things but a real technology it isn't, well, it is a real gyp - but other than that, what IS real about it?

What good is scn?

Tricknology!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Tricknology!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And to the OP : " So says Marty"

WTF ?

Marty as a "source"? Source of what?

When has Marty established a reputation for telling the truth?

Or, more importantly, shown to be at least as bright as a doorknob and being anything but a goon ?

Marty is as much as died in the scio as any other one of 'em - that makes him an "authority" of what?

Please.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

WTF ?

Or, more importantly, shown to be at least as bright as a doorknob and being anything but a goon ?

Marty is as much as died in the scio as any other one of 'em - that makes him an "authority" of what?

Please.

Marty is the world's highest authority on what he *wants* to believe. When it comes to anything else, he doesn't know much.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Marty is the world's highest authority on what he *wants* to believe. When it comes to anything else, he doesn't know much.

True.

And I do giggle when I see that blowhard run around all puffed up with his assumed altitude - is he in a DM valence?

loose cannon

Patron with Honors
There are too many comments to paste in here, you'll have to wade through them, sorry. Here's one:
Oh no. I've forbidden myself to go to Marty's blog, as I feel provoked to categorically disagree there and I really don't want to loose time watching those cult-lite followers' answers.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

WTF ?

Please.

I was being sarcastic Toady, you should have read enough of my posts to know that. :biggrin:

I didn't have time to add a comment when I posted, I was just so appalled at this whole concept I wanted to start a thread. When I read what Marty said I was honestly stunned. And at the answers of some of his followers! I don't know a great deal about Buddhism, but enough to know that, as Gadfly says, ' attachment' is not part of it and scientology is about the most 'attached' thing you could find!

Trying to align scientology with Buddhism - or in fact state that scientology is Buddhism in practice as a technology - just leaves me speechless.... :omg:

Mystic

Crusader
LRH is like Buddha.
Scientology is like a cute little puppy.
An e-meter is like a 24 inch Pizza.
The basics books are like a red Ferrari.
David Miscavige is like Gandhi.
Ideal Orgs are like the Taj Mahal.
Sec checks are like a manicure.
The RPF is like Disneyland.
2pm Thursday is like Christmas.
Being in the Sea Org is like being a member of U2.
Marty Rathbun is like Eddie Murphy when he was good.
The IAS are like the Telletubbies.
Mike Rinder is like Dr Who.

Everyone wins in Scientology.

:clap:

LRH is like Buddha.

There is a lot of leeway with 'like'. Similarly with 'differs'. Hence the utility of being able to perceive similarities & differences. :whistling:

Mark A. Baker :coolwink:

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Technological Buddhism, eh? Let me try and parse this a bit as it's just ludicrous and ignorant.

What's the Scn "technology", precisely? Is it the methodology that's implied? Because "technology" does not mean "methodology". The only technological item in Scn is the e-meter, which is mid-20th century technology.

What do Buddhists practise, then, untechnological scientology? Why would they bother, actually?

Lame, lame, lame. And I don't mean lama.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Marty is SUCH an ASS.

Yep, I can see Buddha standing in front of an Anonymous protest yelling at some protester, "what are your crimes"! I can see Buddha digging through PC folders of ex-Scn critics to cull information that can be "used against them" as blackmail or introverting quips at a protest.

I can really see Buddha standing up and clapping to a bronze bust of Hubturd.

I have no doubt that Buddha would quickly end up declared and fair gamed for disagreeing with the Fuhrer (Hubbard).

541px-Asia_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg.png

After being "briefed" by both COB (Chairman of Briefing) and Marty, Buddha would in turn brief the 3.9 Billion people in Asia....

BUDDHA
I have a message of peace and love for all of you, my friends.
We have the tech, you natterers, haters and cocksuckers.

HelluvaHoax!

LRH is like Buddha.

Loved that!

More sinfully suppressive similes...

Regging is like finding a 50 million dollar winning lottery ticket.

Listening to Ron's music is like discovering that the Beatles are still alive and they show up and play at your party for free because they want to flow power to you.

Going Clear is like using Hubbard Brand Magic Tooth Whitening gel and being surprised & annoyed that, for reasons unknown, nobody is validating your mock up of "gleaming white teeth".

Oh wait, that last one...

I guess I am not that good at keeping these up tone. LOL

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

WTF ?

Please.

SOS technology.

Secret of Scientology tech....

Say anything to a Scientologist
with enough certainty, and--
They will have a theta win
And flow power to you.

HelluvaHoax!

How do they come up with this crazy shit?

* Flag is the Mecca of Technical Perfection.

* Scientology is the Bridge to Total Freedom.

* Ron is mankind's greatest friend.

* Scientology is the only game in the universe where everyone wins.

* Scientology is like technological Buddhism.

ANSWER: There actually is a method to Scientology's madness.

HOW TO COME UP WITH CRAZY STUFF SCIENTOLOGISTS WILL PAY FOR

Step 1: Survey for something crazy. Example: "If you had a magic lamp what would you wish for?"

Step 2: Take the top answer from the survey and plug it into a promo piece. Example: The top answer is "Do nothing but sit in a chair and get total riches, total happiness and total freedom for total eternity."

Step 3: Change the wording a bit to make the promo piece sound kind of sane so people don't get too nervous to pay and arrive.

COME TO FLAG
Get Auditing and Achieve all your Dreams!

auditing-session_sv.jpg

Scientologist "doing nothing but sit in a chair"
And achieving Total Riches & Happiness Forever

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
LRH is like Buddha.

Pure Poetry.

There is a lot of leeway with 'like'. Similarly with 'differs'. Hence the utility of being able to perceive similarities & differences.

Mark A. Baker

Correction!

If you watched a movie showing yourself , you would technically but not actually be self critical.