What's new

Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

lkwdblds

Crusader
Thanks for all this interest information!

In 2000-2003, while on the PAC RPF, we did renos for the Western US IAS reg office, and those people in the IAS office pull in a hefty chunk, I think a couple hundred Gs weekly, just WUS IAS office.

Of that, they pay to the PAC Estates, for the rooms and boards of all the WUS IAS staff, about 20 persons.

The other PAC Orgs today chip in their cuts for each of their staffs' rooms and boards, which means their berthing costs and food.

THAT all total, from AOLA, the CLO WUS, ASHO D & F, and whatever other "units" have offices at the complex, like the Gold Relay Office (forget it's actual name), the CMO Cont Unit, etc, any of the Sea Org units chip in their costs.

It just so happens that there is STILL a lot of Scientologists still dribbling on lines at AOLA today, witness on Marty's blog the info about AOLA being sort of running at a steady stream of people (like the FSO is continuing to run at a steady stream, again confirmed by recent defectors who have witnessed FSO's production).

So this all means the Sea Org staff ARE able to feed and uniform themselves.

Between the upper Sea Org service orgs, and CC Int has always been very stable, under Dave Petit, for a couple decades now, and they are self sufficient essentially.

The DO have the income, AOLA, FSO, ASHOs, CC Int, and actually, while on the RPF, the PAC staff ate a little better than the HGB (middle managment staff at the HGB), until the HGB started carting their food over from the complex, which they do today, so their food is equal.

In my years of eating Sea Org chow, from 1975, till when I routed OUT of the Sea Org, in 2003, I'd rate the food at the end, as good or better than ANY of the years in the 1980s, and when I left in 2003, it was slightly better than when I got to the complex in November 2000 (coming to the complex from the Int RPF, where we had excellent chow brought to us in the hot boxes, from the Int Base, where the chow is the best of the whole Sea Org echelons, and even on the Int RPF, from Jul 96 till Nov 2000, our chow in hot boxes brought to us at Happy Valley, was better than the chow at PAC when I arrived at PAC, and PAC's food was better than the HGB per the HGB staffer's opinions, and people from the FSO told me the food at PAC was a little better than the FSO, the staff food I'm talking about.)

I think the Sea Org creature comforts, berthing, was the "best" at the end, when I routed out, 2003, compared to any prior years in the Sea Org, with some exceptions.

I saw a general creature comfort for Sea Org staffs, in the HGB (middle management level) and PAC Sea Org echelon, IMPROVE over the years.

All of the PAC building are internally renovated.

I believe a MAJOR increase to the creature comforts is from the
IAS income source.

With the IAS doing regging at each cont, attached to ALL Sea Org bases, THAT is a NEW and stable, and scott free cut of income that goes INTO the Sea Org basic survival things, the food and berthing, since there is a slight trickle down, as the IAS Cont units PAY money to the Estates Orgs of each Sea Org base.

At FSO and Int Base, the food and berthing isn't particularly necessarily effected, since at the FSO and Int Base, they get their Sea Org food money as their cuts of the FSO profits weekly. HGB gets a cut of FSO profits, and all CSI, which includes the HGB orgs and OSA, get their FSO weekly income cut.

On Marty's blog, these details of the stable income scene are some of the unfortunate truths of the intransigence of official Scientology.

They (official Scientology) ARE unfortunately more stable than in earlier years, and I think one of the key things is the IAS commissions that the orgs get, for pushing their parishioners to MAKE those IAS donations, for which the orgs get their commissions on those IAS donations, and then the IAS Cont regging units themselves are an added NEW income source that helps with the local Sea Org base creature comforts.

I think the dirty little secret in the Cont Sea Org units, is that the IAS payments to the Cont Estates Orgs, is enough to keep the whole Cont Sea Org bases FED each week, and the building utilities costs all dealt with.

So, that's the money stablity.

Now, another dismal fact I've observed.

Not all defectors from the Sea Org go SP and into the independent or change of religion category.

Some ex Sea Org members, we need surveys, but the damn LA region is FULL of probably thousands of ex Sea Org members who work at Scientology businesses (businesses made up by mostly ex Sea Org members and ex GO staff, and ex regular Scientology Org or Mission staff, and all manner of Scientologists).

The number of ex staff Scientologists who work in what we call "Scientology businesses" is goddamn huge, and should be surveyed.

My old boss, Al Baker just quit the Sea Org, and works in some Scientology company in Glendale now.

The number of ex staff, ex Sea Org, in the world, THE VAST MAJORITY are somehow suckered into being in Scientology businesses, they get suckered into buying books, since it's okay to buy books even if you haven't paid your freeloader debt.

Even I, not having paid my freeloader debt, the first year OUT of the Sea Org, off the PAC RPF, I lived in a half way house I call it, but it was a house owned by an LA Fdn staffer, and he made it into a rooming house that was filled ONLY with staff at LA Fdn, or working at Scientology businesses, and I worked for an ex Gold Staff member who had 4 Scientologists, the rest wogs, in his Cabinet shop business in Burbank. I did that for a year, left LA, moved to Pittsburgh, and since July 2004 started posting on Clambake and then A.R.S.

But my perception and watching what is happening, they have a stable NEW source of "public" in the form of ex staff, ex Sea Org.

SO MORE detailed surveying of their sources of income, and more raw info is needed.

I don't seem them tanking, no matter what.
These exposes are helping them adapt.

They are downsizing, I think Keith Henson, correctly noted on ARS some time ago, that they needed to downsize to survive, and I think that's one thing DM would agree with Keith Henson, and that's why they downsized the Int Base.

The Int Base was too big and Gold/Int was NOT producing like the IAS "sector", nor producing like the Sea Org service orgs and FSO are producing stable income for the movement.

Gold Base was a drain, technically,with not enough income being driven into the orgs for all the slick promotion and products coming out of Gold, plus for all the reasons in Marc Headley's must read book (Marc's book is a gold mine of info, and the maps in his book alone are so damn important and historical, showing ALL of the Int Base buildings, and Miscavige is probably right about Gold Base not being viable and thus the decision to downsize Gold Base is correct, but Gold Base economics is out of my pay grade, I think LRH's ideas of marketing and promoting Scientology are wrong in the long run in any event, since the whole marketing is positioning, and positioning as Scientology does it is dishonest. Scientology's a talk therapy and high volume exorcism of dead space aliens, and it should just honestly advertise itself for what it is). Correct positioning for Scientology honestly should be like the gaudy ads in the late 1960s, early 1970s, just advertise it for all its gaudy science fiction stuff, since it truly is science fictionesque whole track high volume exorcism of dead alien souls which have been mentally gunked up due to the Xenu hydrogen bomb Wall of Fire/4th Dynamic Engram and 36 1/2 days of bad mental implanting in the special 3D movie theaters to all those mass murdered deal alien souls, that today infest us all, supposedly!)

A couple years ago other former Int Base marketing people, Shelly Corrias Brit, for one, said that it was impossible to market Scientology to the public and get results like were expected, and that's just a big agreement with what you said above. Scientology can't be sold like it used to, leaving in my opinion, only their offspring as their captive audience and recruit pool.

Gold Base I don't think has much dent in the income scene, and LRH was daft to think Gold Base and becoming the international dissemination org for the planet, was ever going to become viable. It's the mass deceptive product sales marketing unit on the planet.

With the internet with the truth about Scientology's "upper levels" who wants to buy high volume exorcism techniques for imaginary dead space alien souls that supposedly infest one?

Scientology's turned in on itself, and as long at it makes babies in the Scientology community, the new kids who don't see the internet, and don't eject out of their parents crazy science fiction high volume exorcism religion, the kids who get suckered into their parents Scientology world, the numbers that make up the bottom part of the movement, after all the suckers suckered into it so far die off, that'll be the deciding long range point.

I think the huge 1970s influx of Scientologists, the baby boomers, we'll see Scientology's decline I think more slowly.

and also for now, there are a lot of the foreign Sea Org members stuck in the FSO and other Sea Org orgs, who came over for a better life in the US, and were jazzed to be in the Sea Org and get their Bridge for free. Those make up a chunk of the FSO and some Sea Org orgs. THose that get kicked out of the Sea Org, settle into Scientology businesses, become to varying degrees Scientology public.

There's a lot of those that make up the movement, and keep its wheels turning.

Thanks Chuck for all this fascinating data! I don't see it at all as a reply to the point I was making in the post of mine which you quoted but that is not important.

I had intense exposure to what was going on way back in 1973 as a S.O. member. I have often wondered about how the S. O. was doing in much more recent times. Your survey is very comprehensive and full of interesting and enlightening data. Most of the material is completely new to me.

I highlighted in blue your comment about them never "tanking". It looks like they are very strongly entrenched. Even so, if they lost their religious exemption and had to pay their work force minimum wage and time and a half for overtime, plus the normal taxes and benefits which a non religious employer must pay, do you thing having to do that would threaten their existence or could they just steamroller their way through it?

Do you have any idea how they might compensate for having to deal with such a problem?

I am starting to see C of S now as a medium sized business run by just one businessman, dictatorial style. There is one C.O.B. who is a dictator and no Board of Directors but only aides who must back up the head man. Supporting the top man and his aides are about 5,000 staff members, nearly all of whom work for a very small stipend.

This team of management and employees service a field of perhaps 35,000 to 50,000 active members. In addition to these hardcore members there are probably several hundred thousand people who have purchased a book or attended a lecture or course of some sort. All of these people constitute their field and for PR reasons, a figure of 10 million is tossed around as the size of the membership. That figure must continually increase per policy, especially since Int Management continuosly asserts that highest evers are occuring in all the key stats. In a year or two, they will be claiming 12 million and the figure will keep growing over the decades regardless of what their actual size truly is.

Meanwhile, their focus has changed away from spiritual counseling and seems to now be focusing more on land and building aquisition as a means to achieve, preserve and grow their wealth.
Lakey

RogerB

Crusader
Well, now.

It seems there had been a little old HCOB issued by Hubbard in December, 1959, singing the song that O/Ws are behind "Blow-Offs."

It was never in, in any of the HASI's in the '60's I worked in and, of course, we didn't have the Tech Vols in those days . . . stuff just got accumulated in the filing cabinets . . . and the latest flavor of the month of Hubbard's stuff got implemented . . . like the '63 material on BPC I have mentioned.

This HCOB was not on my early 1960 HPA course, nor on the retread in '63, and not on the SHSBC until it became the course of reviewing all historical data that it is today.

So apologies for missing this. It was brought to my attention by one of my friends who lurks on ESMB (without having registered . . . so shall remain nameless even though a hero:p)

Rog

Attachments

• BLOW-OFFS HCOB 12-31-59.pdf
    11.2 KB · Views: 154

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, now.

It seems there had been a little old HCOB issued by Hubbard in December, 1959, singing the song that O/Ws are behind "Blow-Offs."

It was never in, in any of the HASI's in the '60's I worked in and, of course, we didn't have the Tech Vols in those days . . . stuff just got accumulated in the filing cabinets . . . and the latest flavor of the month of Hubbard's stuff got implemented . . . like the '63 material on BPC I have mentioned.

This HCOB was not on my early 1960 HPA course, nor on the retread in '63, and not on the SHSBC until it became the course of reviewing all historical data that it is today.

So apologies for missing this. It was brought to my attention by one of my friends who lurks on ESMB (without having registered . . . so shall remain nameless even though a hero:p)

Rog

Thank you, Roger.

Sometimes, if not often, the student of Scientology has to separate the "factual" from the PR and salesmanship that LRH introduced into the "tech." When he was selling a concept, the sale, by nature, included his self-interest and slant. The LRH slant is that he was mankind's greatest friend and Scientology was "here to save you." That leads to the pompous ass writing, "It is a rather noble commentary on man that when a person finds himself, as he believes, incapable of restraining himself from injuring a benefactor he will defend the benefactor by leaving."

As he pointed out in the beginning of the article, Scientology did not have a "factual explanation of departures," so he provided one. One has a fact to communicate or one has an explanation which might have nothing to do with fact. I judge this piece to be a PR piece. :duh:

Here's another pitch in the HCOB: "People leave because of their own overts and withholds. That is the factual fact and the hardbound rule."

"Factual fact?" Are there facts that are less than factual?

An experienced auditor who is not looking into LRH's ass for the sunlight could extract the useful information out of this HCOB. I don't have time as it would mean a complete rewrite.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Well, now.

Rog

Excellent reference, Roger! Thanks.

There is some rather egregious propaganda and terror tactics embedded in that HCOB that are worth illuminating:

"Scientology Technology recently has been extended to include the factual explanation of departures, sudden and relatively unexplained, from sessions, posts, jobs, locations and areas. This is one of the things man thought he knew all about and therefore never bothered to investigate, yet, this amongst all other things gave him the most trouble."
So Ron, when someone escapes the prison RPF, overboards or beatings by COB, you are saying that it is "UNEXPLAINED" right? Nobody can explain it, right? Even the person who can't suffer it any more and decides to escape can't explain it either, right?

Man had it all explained to his own satisfaction and yet his explanation did not cut down the amount of trouble which came from the feeling of “having to leave”.
I see how it works now Ron. It's not the sleep deprivation and beatings that's the problem. It's the "feeling of having to leave" that needs to be erased.

We have the view of a person who has a good job, who probably won’t get a better one, suddenly deciding to leave and going.
Oh yes, Ron, a Sea Org or staff slave making $50 per week "probably won't get a better" job. For sure, we believe you!

In Scientology we have the phenomenon of preclears in session or students on courses deciding to leave and never coming back. And that gives us more trouble than most other things all combined.Man explained this to himself by saying that things were done to him which he would not tolerate and therefore he had to leave. But if this were the explanation all man would have to do would be to make working conditions, marital relationships, jobs, courses and sessions all very excellent and the problem would be solved. But on the contrary, a close examination of working conditions and marital relationships demonstrates that improvement of conditions often worsens the amount of blow-off, as one could call this phenomenon.
Oh, okay, thanks Ron, that explains why Scientology doesn't try to give their staff a living wage or medical or any means to survive in retirement. Gee I wonder why you lived so well Ron, maybe that is why YOU blew off?

A man with a clean heart can’t be hurt. The man or woman who must must must become a victim and depart is departing because of his or her own overts and withholds. It doesn’t matter whether the person is departing from a town or a job or a session. The cause is the same.
Wow, what amazing tech, Ron. When a person "departs a town" it "is departing because of his own overts and withholds?" But, that doesn't apply to you, does it Ron? I mean, you were all over the globe and kept moving like a con man on the run.

To justify the departure the person blowing off dreams up things done to him, in an effort to minimize the overt by degrading those it was done to.

So, Ron, when staff leave who have factually been repeatedly beaten by the church's senior spiritual leader.....they are dreaming that up, right. Wait, how does that work again if it really happened? Never mind Ron, I don't want to devT you, I'll just get some clay and figure it out. I'm sure you how it works because your voice is so certain.

The mechanics involved are quite simple. It is amazing what trivial overts will cause a person to blow. I caught a staff member one time just before he blew and traced down the original overt act against the Organization to his failure to defend the Organization when a criminal was speaking viciously about it.
Wow, Ron, you mean if I don't attack your enemies and whisleblowers the way you ordered me to, I will be guilty of terrible crimes?

A recent Secretarial Executive Director to all Central Organizations states that before a person may draw his last pay cheque from an Organization he is leaving of his own volition he must write down all his overts and withholds against the Organization and its related personnel and have these checked out by the HCO Secretary on an E- Meter.
That wouldn't be some kind of trick, Ron, would it? I mean, you would never use those coerced confessions against the SP that blew right?

The only evil thing we are doing is to be good, if that makes sense to you. For by being good, things done to us out of carelessness or viciousness are all out of proportion to the evil done to others. This often applies to people who are not Scientologists. Just this year I had an electrician who robbed HCO of money with false bills and bad workmanship. One day he woke up to the fact that the Organization he was robbing was helping people everywhere far beyond his ability to ever help anyone. Within a few weeks he contracted TB and is now dying in a London hospital. Nobody took off the overts and withholds when he left. And it’s actually killing him-a fact which is no fancy on my part.
Jeez, Ron, so people, like that electrician, don't give you invoice discounts--they will die, right? In that case, if I ever do any work for you, it would be my pleasure to do it for free and I will spend a billion years if that's what it takes to make you happy! I sure appreciate the death warning before I did anything foolish, thanks so much for thinking of me!

There is something a little terrifying in this sometimes. I once told a bill collector what and who we were and that he had wronged a good person and a half hour later he threw a hundred grains of Veronal down his throat and was lugged off to hospital, a suicide.
Wow Ron, people are really dying a lot around you! I wonder what crimes Quentin must have had against you (besides causing you a pr flap with suicide). I'll do whatever you say Ron! I beg you, please don't let me die like the others!!! Just think of me as your slave, okay Ron? Please?

Wisened One

Crusader
YEAH, HH!! :hifive: :hifive: PREACH IT!!! :thumbsup:: :clap:

There is some rather egregious propaganda and terror tactics embedded in that HCOB that are worth illuminating:

"Scientology Technology recently has been extended to include the factual explanation of departures, sudden and relatively unexplained, from sessions, posts, jobs, locations and areas. This is one of the things man thought he knew all about and therefore never bothered to investigate, yet, this amongst all other things gave him the most trouble."
So Ron, when someone escapes the prison RPF, overboards or beatings by COB, you are saying that it is "UNEXPLAINED" right? Nobody can explain it, right? Even the person who can't suffer it any more and decides to escape can't explain it either, right?

Man had it all explained to his own satisfaction and yet his explanation did not cut down the amount of trouble which came from the feeling of “having to leave”.
I see how it works now Ron. It's not the sleep deprivation and beatings that's the problem. It's the "feeling of having to leave" that needs to be erased.

We have the view of a person who has a good job, who probably won’t get a better one, suddenly deciding to leave and going.
Oh yes, Ron, a Sea Org or staff slave making $50 per week "probably won't get a better" job. For sure, we believe you!

In Scientology we have the phenomenon of preclears in session or students on courses deciding to leave and never coming back. And that gives us more trouble than most other things all combined.Man explained this to himself by saying that things were done to him which he would not tolerate and therefore he had to leave. But if this were the explanation all man would have to do would be to make working conditions, marital relationships, jobs, courses and sessions all very excellent and the problem would be solved. But on the contrary, a close examination of working conditions and marital relationships demonstrates that improvement of conditions often worsens the amount of blow-off, as one could call this phenomenon.
Oh, okay, thanks Ron, that explains why Scientology doesn't try to give their staff a living wage or medical or any means to survive in retirement. Gee I wonder why you lived so well Ron, maybe that is why YOU blew off?

A man with a clean heart can’t be hurt. The man or woman who must must must become a victim and depart is departing because of his or her own overts and withholds. It doesn’t matter whether the person is departing from a town or a job or a session. The cause is the same.
Wow, what amazing tech, Ron. When a person "departs a town" it "is departing because of his own overts and withholds?" But, that doesn't apply to you, does it Ron? I mean, you were all over the globe and kept moving like a con man on the run.

To justify the departure the person blowing off dreams up things done to him, in an effort to minimize the overt by degrading those it was done to.

So, Ron, when staff leave who have factually been repeatedly beaten by the church's senior spiritual leader.....they are dreaming that up, right. Wait, how does that work again if it really happened? Never mind Ron, I don't want to devT you, I'll just get some clay and figure it out. I'm sure you how it works because your voice is so certain.

The mechanics involved are quite simple. It is amazing what trivial overts will cause a person to blow. I caught a staff member one time just before he blew and traced down the original overt act against the Organization to his failure to defend the Organization when a criminal was speaking viciously about it.
Wow, Ron, you mean if I don't attack your enemies and whisleblowers the way you ordered me to, I will be guilty of terrible crimes?

A recent Secretarial Executive Director to all Central Organizations states that before a person may draw his last pay cheque from an Organization he is leaving of his own volition he must write down all his overts and withholds against the Organization and its related personnel and have these checked out by the HCO Secretary on an E- Meter.
That wouldn't be some kind of trick, Ron, would it? I mean, you would never use those coerced confessions against the SP that blew right?

The only evil thing we are doing is to be good, if that makes sense to you. For by being good, things done to us out of carelessness or viciousness are all out of proportion to the evil done to others. This often applies to people who are not Scientologists. Just this year I had an electrician who robbed HCO of money with false bills and bad workmanship. One day he woke up to the fact that the Organization he was robbing was helping people everywhere far beyond his ability to ever help anyone. Within a few weeks he contracted TB and is now dying in a London hospital. Nobody took off the overts and withholds when he left. And it’s actually killing him-a fact which is no fancy on my part.
Jeez, Ron, so people, like that electrician, don't give you invoice discounts--they will die, right? In that case, if I ever do any work for you, it would be my pleasure to do it for free and I will spend a billion years if that's what it takes to make you happy! I sure appreciate the death warning before I did anything foolish, thanks so much for thinking of me!

There is something a little terrifying in this sometimes. I once told a bill collector what and who we were and that he had wronged a good person and a half hour later he threw a hundred grains of Veronal down his throat and was lugged off to hospital, a suicide.
Wow Ron, people are really dying a lot around you! I wonder what crimes Quentin must have had against you (besides causing you a pr flap with suicide). I'll do whatever you say Ron! I beg you, please don't let me die like the others!!! Just think of me as your slave, okay Ron? Please?

bts2free

Patron with Honors
Well, now.

Rog

Thanks Rog and to your friend for providing this HCOB. This is NOT "Admin Tech," this is Tech Tech, which is to be defended fully by points 1-10 of KSW. Defenders of the Dreck have made the statement that KSW only applies to the infallible Technology and not necessarily to the administrative policies of Hubbard. So, sorry people, you won't be able to use that excuse in relation to Bill Franks' announcement and this HCOB.

How do you even defend L. Ron Hubbard or the Tech on this one? This was written 9 years after Dianetics was published. By 1959, it sounds like a number of people were figuring out that they were being played and scammed by Hubbard and were leaving. This was Hubbard's way to make those people who were leaving the enemies and to control those people who were still in the flock. What kind of person would make up such a huge lie, and know that they were lying in order to control people? How about Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-Il?

What are your predictions on how the Independent or even Freezone Scientologist will defend this one? This information from Bill Franks is a game changer in a big way.

Now things are getting really interesting...

Has this even been mentioned over on Marty's Blog?

Will Defenders of the Dreck thumb their noses at Franks and claim that what he said wasn't true? Or will they go along with it and open the doors for a ton of ARC Break handlings? Marty should know because he "knows everything" about the 100% Standard LRH version of the Tech.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
This thread is, to me, yet again proof that it takes each and every one of Us, together, to pull off the shroud of the ruse of ruses. :yes::thumbsup:

Forward, always forward.:coolwink:

Face:)

RogerB

Crusader

Helluva,

I'm pissing myself with laughter on reading this by you.

Waaaaayyy toooo funny . . . particularly for this old fella after dinner on a skin full of lovely Oz Shiraz.

I think I like you after all!

In fact, let me revise that . . . even though we appear to be coming from this ex-$cn thing from slightly different perspectives, you've earned my affection and respect.

Your piece above is an hilarious send up on the factuality of the pompousness of that "divine wisdom from the pen of The Smiling One."

What struck me on reading it was that little piece that gave examples and license to mistreatment of employees as a workable method!!!! Fer Krissakes!

R

Last edited:
G

Gottabrain

... To fixate on wrongnesses and bad cause as the Cof$ now does is actually a mark of its insanity. To concentrate on wrongness and “bad’ instead of addressing what is right and powerful and good that it might be enhanced and empowered is quite evil and insane.

There is a lot of good in us that should be honored and empowered.

RogerB

Noice, Roger! I like when you wax philosophic. :D

But I think I'll go with Mark Twain on this one:

“Be good and you will be lonesome”

Or even better, how about Henry David Thoreau?

"All good things are wild, and free.”

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Helluva,

I'm pissing myself with laughter on reading this by you. Waaaaayyy toooo funny . . . particularly for this old fella after dinner on a skin full of lovely Oz Shiraz. I think I like you after all! In fact, let me revise that . . . even though we appear to be coming from this ex-$cn thing from slightly different perspectives, you've earned my affection and respect.
Your piece above is an hilarious send up on the factuality of the pompousness of that "divine wisdom from the pen of The Smiling One."What struck me on reading it was that little piece that gave examples and license to mistreatment of employees as a workable method!!!! Fer Krissakes!R

Rog,

Cool! That was an unexpected treat!

Best!

HH

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
To Chuck Beatty:
I didn't know Bill Franks as you did, it's clear you have a lot of admiration for the man. He was/is certainly intelligent. The militant style was what Hubbard preferred.

In defense of Kerry Gleeson (who I DID know and deal with personally in the SO), he was usually more bark than bite. It was a show - not how he really felt. For the most part, he didn't believe in abusive tactics and undermined nearly all the controls that the C of S and its execs had previously implemented. Kerry personally hatted me as Dir I&R AOLA and put me on that post. He emphasized inspections and letting the staff know what came up on inspections and finding the small things that were going wrong to avoid the big things. Kerry felt that Comm Evs and various punishments could be avoided altogether and that training and inspections could & should do that.
Because of his views, AOLA had a very benign ethics department and staff were comfortable and happy and doing well until other mgmt bodies interfered(as usual).

These are the things he personally believed. His emphasis was completely different to the prior military style and went directly against the heavy controls that mgmt believed and followed. He enjoyed giving individual staff credit and working with individuals. And everyone in management hated him for that - from CMO to WDC to INT. (as seen on his Comm Ev) Kerry did his own thing.

He personally reprieved the entire PAC RPF at that time - between 140-160 people. CMO was in an uproar! How dare he! heh heh That took a lot of guts and was one of the biggest nails in his Comm Ev. He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes too and personally caused some injustices (i.e., Lorita Hill, that was WRONG). But when one takes into account that he was standing up against the entire Int regimen by himself with his views that Int Mgmt interference was bad for orgs and Int should stay out of Orgs and let them prosper on their own and take care of their own, he was a pretty bright light. He was completely against upper mgmt raping orgs for money when staff were getting paid so lousy. I guess he was naive in his way, but personally, I thought Kerry Gleeson was awfully cool. Declared an SP for it. Have a read of the Comm Ev - it's the same one that nailed David Mayo:

http://www.tr-l.org/mott0096.htm
http://www.antisectes.net/religious-technology-center-conditions-order-1-3.pdf

Thanks for the history.

After Bill was canned, I remember now, it was Kerry who went on for a very short time as ED Int, and then Kerry and a whole bunch of others had a big showdown at the Int Base, on the Basketball court, that's a story I wish Kerry would tell.

Kerry when ED Int did back up the OEC FEBC program, in 1981, a "this lifetime engram" to a lot of the students unfortunately.

Kerry was a really smart cookie too. Agreed he was more bark than bite also.

Kerry and Bill both I think had prep school or done college at a good college, both were smarter than most execs, literate.

I when in the Sea Org, used to rate people by how they engaged LRH when they had to answer LRH despatches.

I wish we had all the whole complete LRH traffic in the public domain so you could see how people interacted with LRH by despatch, and how the whole old management evolved into the new management.

Kerry had the downsides of knowing how to overreg and make loads of income, essentially stat pushing the hell out of the field for short bursts of time, and when he left an area, it collapsed.

But they both must have done some good, to have even survived. Kerry when he was CO FB, I remember him being removed, going back on, being removed, at least 3 or 4 times, and he still wanted to take on the CO FB post, and he moved up from that.

I truly do wish Kerry and others of that era would do some sitdown detailed interviews with each other, as much as they can stand to recall and put it on video for history.

Terril park

Sponsor
Kerry when ED Int did back up the OEC FEBC program, in 1981, a "this lifetime engram" to a lot of the students unfortunately.

Having a charmed life I was pretty good at studying so had little problems
on that course.

However one who was on the course with me who I didn't meet until decades later was called into LA to handle whatever. She was told that
60% of FEBC students never returned to their org.

One of my twins blew. And I'm a damn good word clearer, and english was not his first language. Knowing what I know now I wonder why I didn't get
some sort of attack?

Another twin had a project to do and arranged for Alan Walter to give a lecture to Flag public. A few days later almost literally green told me that Alan had been declared. Not sure what happened to him and at that point had never heard of Alan.

There were 400 plus students in that course room.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
When i first got in all i wanted to do was deliver an effective treatment to those who had gone over the edge, the insane.High promises of that in DMSMH Then i was told these people dont deserve it, they are the insane, we help the able.Then i read Creation of human ability and see big successes with some processes in there, which no one i asked knew about.

The Subject is a mess.(Discounting the organisation antics policy and talking about the useable mental tech )and the main reason is too much theory, 25 million words and people scratching heads, listening to lectures!!!.

The bulk of application manuals is in the tech volumes and books like Creation of Human ability covering anything and everything important from all the lectures.The public got screwed on the latest releases.

How many technical trainees listen to hours and hours of stories and then get to work knowing what they need to do.None i know of.

No substitute for knowing your tools of trade simply at hand. Scientology is a joke in that regard.

Its a joke.

Scientology's Achilles Heal is the exorcism, that they NEVER refer to as exorcism, and never admit it is exorcism, but OT 3-7 is high volume exorcism.

That's just part of the missing or altered definition of Scientology that they falsely present to the world.

I mean, an honest answer to the question: "What is Scientology?"

is:

"It's talk therapy at the lower levels and it's exorcism of dead space alien souls that infest ALL mankind, at the upper levels."

It's a past lives talk therapy, and high volume exorcism science fictionesque religion, and the official Scientology movement is heavily totalitarian and cult like.

My choice of protest signs, to hold when standing outside AOLA,

"High volume exorcism of the Xenu murdered "body thetans" delivered here
----------------------------------> "

and point towards the AOLA front door.

"Learn now to remove your "body thetans" here-------------------->"

Scientology's on a huge withhold of what it's spiritual practice is.

It's blatantly spiritual practice is the high volume exorcism that goes on at OT levels 3-7.

AOLA and the AOs are where Scientologists finally learn what their "religion" is all about, and then they have the fear of their life put into them, and they CAN'T even tell the world about OT 3-7 "body thetan" removal exorcism!

Scientology's been put in horrendous predicaments by the Hubbard setup and rules keeping the members from even discussing the exorcism.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Scientology's Achilles Heal is the exorcism, that they NEVER refer to as exorcism, and never admit it is exorcism, but OT 3-7 is high volume exorcism.

That's just part of the missing or altered definition of Scientology that they falsely present to the world.

is:

"It's talk therapy at the lower levels and it's exorcism of dead space alien souls that infest ALL mankind, at the upper levels."

It's a past lives talk therapy, and high volume exorcism science fictionesque religion, and the official Scientology movement is heavily totalitarian and cult like.

It's blatantly spiritual practice is the high volume exorcism that goes on at OT levels 3-7.

AOLA and the AOs are where Scientologists finally learn what their "religion" is all about, and then they have the fear of their life put into them, and they CAN'T even tell the world about OT 3-7 "body thetan" removal exorcism!

Scientology's been put in horrendous predicaments by the Hubbard setup and rules keeping the members from even discussing the exorcism.

Good post, Chuck! A keeper. :thumbsup:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron

is:

in its simplicity so true chuck

Its all on a need to know basis for our "own good".
He gave us no choice but to be free to "fantasize" in Fear.

Its fear and wonder , a blunder.

Hubbard the "intelligence" tactician, the black magician.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Thanks Rog and to your friend for providing this HCOB. This is NOT "Admin Tech," this is Tech Tech, which is to be defended fully by points 1-10 of KSW. Defenders of the Dreck have made the statement that KSW only applies to the infallible Technology and not necessarily to the administrative policies of Hubbard. So, sorry people, you won't be able to use that excuse in relation to Bill Franks' announcement and this HCOB.

How do you even defend L. Ron Hubbard or the Tech on this one? This was written 9 years after Dianetics was published. By 1959, it sounds like a number of people were figuring out that they were being played and scammed by Hubbard and were leaving. This was Hubbard's way to make those people who were leaving the enemies and to control those people who were still in the flock. What kind of person would make up such a huge lie, and know that they were lying in order to control people? How about Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-Il?

What are your predictions on how the Independent or even Freezone Scientologist will defend this one? This information from Bill Franks is a game changer in a big way.

Now things are getting really interesting...

Has this even been mentioned over on Marty's Blog?

Will Defenders of the Dreck thumb their noses at Franks and claim that what he said wasn't true? Or will they go along with it and open the doors for a ton of ARC Break handlings? Marty should know because he "knows everything" about the 100% Standard LRH version of the Tech.

It is tech and admin.

HCOB 31 December 1959 Blow Offs was additionally issued as HCO PL 31December 1959 Blow Offs on the same day.

Both were later revised several times in the late 80's.

Caroline Letkeman referenced the 1987 revision in her posting of HCOB SCIENTOLOGY MARRIAGE COUNSELING

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex

HCO BULLETIN OF 19 DECEMBER 1988R
REVISED 30 JANUARY 1990

SCIENTOLOGY MARRIAGE COUNSELING

Refs:
Tape: 59I2C10 "Demonstration of New HGC Process"
HCOB 31 Dec.59R Rev. 21.8.87 BLOW-OFFS
Tape: 6001C02 "Marriage "
HCOB 10 July 64 OVERTS-ORDER OF EFFECTIVENESS IN PROCESSING
HCO PL 27 May 65 PROCESSING
http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=950&Itemid=184

At the end of the Marriage HCOB, she supplies a copy in part of the HCOB as revised Feb 9, 1989which showed the revised titles of both HCOB and HCO PL ):

Hubbard Commnications Office
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex

HCO Bulletin of 31 December 59R
Revised February 9, 1989

(Also issued as HCO PL 31 Dec 59R, same title)

http://www.carolineletkeman.org/sp/images/stories/hcob/hcob-blow-offs.pdf

I knew of this reference from my hatting while in in HCO and came across it as and HCO PL and an HCOB many times as a course sup. Certainly M & M know of it as either or both.

:)

Mary

is:

I like the point you have been making about scientology and exorcism. I think I'll refer to scientology as an exorcism cult now, instead of just a "cult" as I have been doing.