What's new

Hearing Jan 22 Miscavige still to be deposed

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Exactly what I meant. :yes:

Not only weak, but a very scared little boy. It reminds me of the release of a wild animal, caged all his life with no threat from real wildlife or his own kind and no understanding or experience of how to relate to, or deal with them.

This is a man who bullies, intimidates and emotionally, psychologically and physically abuses when things do not go his way, these are his only tools and enough when operating within his cage. (i.e no one will challenge him as he holds all the power (or has the biggest teeth and claws, and is too mean).
These tools however, will not work when dealing with people who are not under his complete control, or have abilities and intelligence outside of his understanding and experience. (and they are not on his payroll).

Just like his best friend Mr Cruise, when faced with real, sane, logical questions, the only recourse is aggression. The worse scenario would be for him to lose control and become angry, aggressive or abusive, that would make headlines!

However, these tools are not enough ammunition to take on Mr Jeffreys, or a judge, alone, without someone in between he can rant at and bully for being an incompetent failure as in the Mike Rinder situation. DM had no solution to what to do about Sweeney, (apart from avoiding him), except to rant at Rinder and Davies. DM could not apply "bypass and handle", (and again went to extraordinary lengths to "not" be interviewed), which his policies state are the solution when a junior is failing to deliver, because he had no clue what to do.

Right now, DM needs to be scared and avoid being in court at all costs, unfortunately everyone can see that this is his only goal and what his lawyers have been tasked with.

His insanity, ignorance and incompetence are slowly but surely backing him into a corner, and there may be no way out.

Still

His lawyers must be terrified of DM getting on the stand and exploding.

They must be even more terrified of DM going so nuts that he orders OSA to "fair game" the judge. I coulld see him doing it, I could see some OSA people being stupid enough to follow the orders, and I can REALLY see the shit-storm that would descend on CO$ as a result.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
As Face has pointed out, Miscavige faces a worse court -- the court of whale opinion.
Exactly, and that´s the reason why he wants to avoid a court appearance for a deposition - which probably will be found on youtube.

Miscavige cuts a ridiculous figure without his pretentious environment and a prepared Sherman-speak which he can unnaturally "sing" from his teleprompter.

Mr Miscavige (in court): "Ahhh... yyy..yyyes....ehhh... mhhhh....grrrr...."

None of the whales ever again would spend only one single dollar for such a ridiculous appearance. THAT is the fear of Miscavige.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
I've just multiplied some obvious budget numbers. In the first 20 weeks of Monique v. Miscavige, Miscavige has run up legal bills of at least $10 million.

If this goes to trial, his average weekly legal fees will double. And at some point, as HH has said, those fees are going to impress even Miscavige.

As Face has pointed out, Miscavige faces a worse court -- the court of whale opinion. And there's yet another court he faces -- the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. I don't know specifically how this case could interact with any issues they are now having with the CoS. But Monique Yingling would know.

Miscavige certainly can't step down as pope until this case is ended, because he'd then have no authority to control his defense and fewer resources to defend himself.

If his appellate lawyers cannot get him off by arguing prior case law, the only way Miscavige can hope to survive this case is to settle it. He cannot be deposed. He cannot let this case go to trial.

He's in a pickle. A real pickle.

TG1

Absolultely!! And Wallace, I know you're the main man when it comes to appeals. Probably the best in Texas. But don't forget that the appeals court, and the State supreme court, have clerks who will help the Justices read the court transcripts. They get to read about "the pope of scientology" who has a "blackheart" per Ricardo Cedillo. They get to read those instances in which Ricardo freaked out and almost had a meltdown over the "pope's" travel itinerary "dispute". They get to read about your brother talking about "millions of scientologists" worldwide, and how "millions of Texans" would have known if "pope Miscavige" came here, then they'll read that he did go to Dallas to open an Org....they probably won't remember it. In fact count on the fact that they didn't hear about it at all. :no:

They'll get to read about how only your brother is the "pope's" attorney, and yet read lots of dialogue in which Cedillo defends him and acts more like his attorney. They'll get to read about how all the orgs, cchr, etc... that operate in Texas are "Independent", and yet read where your brother says "Independents are bad" and that the church has a right to fight them. Oh yes.....by then clerks and justices will be "sort of spinny". :dizzy:

There's a lot more goodies in the transcripts.....and they're not, well, helpful for you. :no:

:roflmao:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
^^^^^^
Ditto

You just made me realize this!
If Marty Rathbun is such a ''criminal'' or ''degraded squirrel''

It shall be a living proof that the most hight level tech of $cientology he got, doesn't work at all!
:confused2:

Anyway, at this time
Most of the high trained or Oatess scientologists are out or have been declared

* cognitice dissonance here''
:nervous::melodramatic:

Apparently, it fails

We are so much espess who weren't espees while they came in the CO$
but later on, 25-30 years later - suddenly became espees and criminal!

Something wrong here :duh:

2 possible answers:

Either this CO$ is evils and only create criminals (ennemies)
either good people coming in the CO$, get transformed into rats!

one way or other - CO$ fail at promising a new better world or free human being!
But it succeds at hatred and breaking people and their family!

Consider David Mayo. Here was a guy who audited LRH. Who spent YEARS and YEARS working literally under LRH's nose. And LRH didn't spot him as an SP?

I remember a bunch of people smelling the roses when Mayo got declared, and leaving. But a bunch of people didn't (myself, to my regret, being one of them).

Being a Scientologist means being able to rationalize just about anything which goes against your stable data.

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is an interesting point. In a way DM is just as trapped as the rest of the Sea Org. If he leaves, he no longer has a money and machine to defend him from his crimes, and he would, as you say, have no capacity to interact with people in the outside world in a normal way.

His exposure to the outside world ended when he was a teenager. Under all of his posturing, he must be a very weak man.

Yes- It is like a mutual death pact that all SO share.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
--snipped for brevity--

He cannot be deposed. He cannot let this case go to trial.

He's in a pickle. A real pickle.

In Scientology terms: Must reach, can't reach. Must withdraw, can't withdraw. (from the definition of "Insanity")

In real terms:

Can't be deposed, must be deposed.
Can't go to trial. Must go to trial.
Can't settle. Must settle.
Can't get an F/N. Must appear total cause and winning. LOL​

This whole Squirrelbuster fiasco has erupted into a major Hill 11!

def.

Hill 11: The worse thing that happens after a Scientologist has used the tech to handle a Hill 10.

coldmud

>>There's a lot more goodies in the transcripts.....and they're not, well, helpful for you. :no:

Are the transcripts available online for us to read?

TG1

Angelic Poster
>>There's a lot more goodies in the transcripts.....and they're not, well, helpful for you. :no:

Are the transcripts available online for us to read?

Oh, yes. They're all loaded on scribd.

Here's a good link to start at. It's Monique's initial complaint: http://www.scribd.com/doc/161972868/Monique-Rathbun-vs-Scientology

You'll find other links at that site, as well.

Monique's Motion for Sanctions references some hilarious excerpts from the depositions of CoS and RTC witnesses, Allen Cartwright, Warren McShane and Tommy Davis. That motion is at http://www.scribd.com/doc/196057142/Monique-Rathbun-v-Scientology-Motion-for-Sanctions

Enjoy. :)

TG1

P.S. EDIT: MY BAD! The court hearing transcripts are not online anywhere that I know of. Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

Last edited:

Chess

Patron with Honors
Thankfully, Underground Bunker was updating while Exsn was AFK.
16 goddamn lawyers and they STILL can't form a resonable excuse for DM not to turn up.
Suggestion: try the arguement that DM has no former education and has limited exposure to real world due to religious education, therefore he would not be capable to follow the legal rulings.

I appreciate the lol's, but I am suggesting this as an actual legal defence.

Your honour, David Miscavige sends his compliments but will not be joining us as he moved on to target two - best defence he could think of...:clap:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Consider David Mayo. Here was a guy who audited LRH. Who spent YEARS and YEARS working literally under LRH's nose. And LRH didn't spot him as an SP?

I remember a bunch of people smelling the roses when Mayo got declared, and leaving. But a bunch of people didn't (myself, to my regret, being one of them).

Being a Scientologist means being able to rationalize just about anything which goes against your stable data.

Man is not a rational animal. He is a rationalizing animal. -- Robert Anson Heinlein

Lets say he is deposed, it goes to trial and he loses. Or he settles. It won't make a bit of difference to the whales, or the mini whales, or any of the true believers. They are trained not to read entheta. They'll never find out, and even if they do, the church will chalk it up as a win anyway.

Can't you see David, after getting his ass kicked from here to Halifax, swaggering up to the podium at Ruth Eckerd hall, and declaring "I put Mosey, the wife of that SP, the Kingpin, in her place once and for all. She couldn't stand up to GAT II OSA Tech and crumbled to meet our settlement demands. Another sector handled!" as he points out the rising stats of SP's handled on the screen feed behind him, to the wild cheering of the faithful.

Mimsey

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lets say he is deposed, it goes to trial and he loses. Or he settles. It won't make a bit of difference to the whales, or the mini whales, or any of the true believers. They are trained not to read entheta. They'll never find out, and even if they do, the church will chalk it up as a win anyway.
I have to disagree, the true believers are trained not to read entheta .....yes.... but only that, which is produced by SP´s from outside the cult. They are also trained to listen to Miscavige - he is never speaking entheta. So if he get´s deposed and a video of the deposition lands on youtube, for the true believer it is save to watch that video of the master of ceremonies. The problem and danger is when Miscavige appears in this video as laughingstock - then one big "stable datum" has been destabilized.... and this has to be avoided.

Let's call them camels instead of whales.
They are carrying more and more straws and their backs will break.
Maybe not all of them, but it has already happened to many.

There are different kinds of whales/camels.
Celeb whales/camels.
Financial whales/camels.
Long time SO high up exec whales/camels.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
If I am Mosey\Marty I would make a deal for Miscavige

10 Millions $ now to exchange Miscavige's deposition for Laurisse and Shelly to deposit without any objection from their layer!
Or no deal and the 3 to be deposed!

(this deal not being for the trial though) but only to give Miscavige a break :biggrin:

Hum..that would be 100% source (throw your wife under the bus and hide)

Terril park

Sponsor
I have to disagree, the true believers are trained not to read entheta .....yes.... but only that, which is produced by SP´s from outside the cult. They are also trained to listen to Miscavige - he is never speaking entheta. So if he get´s deposed and a video of the deposition lands on youtube, for the true believer it is save to watch that video of the master of ceremonies. The problem and danger is when Miscavige appears in this video as laughingstock - then one big "stable datum" has been destabilized.... and this has to be avoided.

And that is the best scenario for DM.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
So you are dissing your own often excellent posts?

I repeatedly post excerpts from Feynman's Cargo Cult Science to remind myself of this truth. It's not to say that Man can't be rational, but when a scientist thinks that he's incapable of sliding down the slippery slope is when he or she is closest to falling over the cliff to crankhood. I try to have an answer to the question: "what data would it take to change your mind?" whenever I make a strong assertion. Don't always succeed, but I do try.

Lone Star

Crusader
Exactly one week ago today Judge Waldrip gave both sides 7 days to conference and work out an agreement on discovery.

Hmmmmmm........I wonder how that went? :unsure:

I bet it went real well. :yes:

Not!!!

:lol:

I expect Ray Jeffrey to file another more extensive Motion for Sanctions tomorrow. :yes:

Now let's have a little sing-a-long with the melody of that old Youngbloods tune....

Come on Slappy now
Smile on your brother
Get together with ol' Marty
Try to love one another
Right now