What's new

I have a new opinion about ESMB

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think Dex did exactly the right thing, he expressed his geniune anger and frustration. Maybe he could have been a bit more over the top, but as a first step it wasn't bad. Every reality truly expressed is valuable, oui?

I agree with this too ... scientologists are trained to react a certain way to anything they don't like or perceive to be entheta (slam the TR's in and attack) but Dex didn't do that, he spat the dummy and had a little grizzle instead and that is a human reaction.

There is hope yet (lol ... for all of us).

:yes:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Panda Termint said:
The Taoist Buddhist Gnostic Pagan Neo-Platonic Liberal Freezoner Heretical Scientologist.
Now, there's a Title worthy of being put on a shingle!
It'd need to be a BIG shingle but it'd be worth the expense, build it and they will come. :)

Would they? Or have too many wised up by now?
It's a joke, Veda, Field Of Dreams and all that. I understand that you don't get it.

FWIW, as a freezoner myself my view aligns with yours, C. Nonetheless, I fully recognize that Emma is pissed off and speaking out of her anger. Quite frankly, her anger has been fully justified by the actions of some truly "fucking stupid" freezoners. :yes:

So under the circumstances, whereas I might otherwise choose to dispute the niceties of freezoner iq's with Emma, I prefer to simply acknowledge what I feel she means to say without actually challenging the language she has used to say it. :coolwink:

I certainly appreciate the support though. Not all freezoners are stupid, although the genuinely "fucking stupid" among us don't help to increase our social acceptability. :)

As to the "success story" thread. I'm inclined to agree it's not really appropriate on the board. As I've stated elsewhere, IF there is to be a success story thread, then I think it should be open to anyone not just freezoners, in keeping with the generally open community promoted by esmb. Additionally, I think only the person who's success story it is should be permitted to post a success story, i.e. no more 2nd party posters like Terril.

I'm not arguing that there SHOULD be a success story thread. I'm just suggesting that IF there is one then the rules should be changed to allow for genuinely open expression of personal wins and so as to prevent one individual from using it as a "free advertising" space.

Mark A. Baker

I'm going to call myself 'Emma' and see how full of understanding you are when *I* call your lot "stupid*. LOL

Last edited:

purple haze

Patron with Honors
It's a joke, Veda, Field Of Dreams and all that. I understand that you don't get it.

hysterical!:lol::biglove::party::pixiedust::blonde::notworking::runaround::goodjob:

I just tuned in here on ESMB, and, taken out of context, it's very very funny. Hope I didn't offend anyone. Guess I'll check this thread out now from the beginning, instead of ass-backwards. LOL:happydance:

purple haze

Patron with Honors
stupid is as stupid does = my name is....

I'm going to call myself 'Emma' and see how full of understanding you are when *I* call your lot "stupid*. LOL

falling down with laughter! Haven't had this much fun in years! Could be the seriousness of the present situation I find myself in, while visiting family up here near Toronto, so, by comparison, I've come 'up' to glee!!!!!

I guess I'll go backwards one more time to the previous post and then decide to come up the rabbit hole or fall down in it, said alice springs...

haven't slept all night :duh:

having too much fun:coolwink:

frigging freezing in -8 degrees windy no snow to show for it.

get me home to hawaii where the surf is HUGE and so are the guys! yikes!

better end off whilst I still got my pea braine tied behind my back...double yikes:omg:

yeppers, Terril, that one's fer ya, darling manly man:whistling:

What I think

From anyone else's point of view, including Dex's, the following could of course be a load of shite

I think DEX is all about the "ARC".
When he left he had to reaffirm the "ARC". That's what is important to him.
I think he took it personally on the "stupid" thing, which is not surprising
if he has the attributes / actions mentioned by Emma.
I don't see anything wrong with getting knickers in a twist if someone says you are stupid. At least he didn't pretend he was above human emotions.
I couldn't understand why Dex could not see the contradiction in his ARC thread, when the *ARC* tech failed except on those who interpret interaction through Ron's formulae. It failed right there on the thread where he tried to create ARC according to how Ron says it should work. I thought that Dex has had enough decades and experience in orgs and out, and is old enough to have worked out that those formulae are far too simplistic and limited to truly assess interaction between humans. And then, this guy, who made videos of his ARC presentation and urged ESMBers to learn something from them ends up (admitedley, on a different thread), getting so ARC broken he has to leave. To me it looks like Dex's ARC must function on Ron's terms otherwise it's no deal. I got the impression that this ARC "tech" does not allow for a bit of biting and kicking and not having to have everything cosy. No wonder he feels he can't stay here. This board is full of people who do not function according to how ron says they should function. Either that or we are low toned/SPs/DBs. Ron's tech is ron's tech and real people are real people and never the twain shall meet.

None of this is about what Emma's post should or shouldn't have said.

purple haze

Patron with Honors
From anyone else's point of view, including Dex's, the following could of course be a load of shite

I think DEX is all about the "ARC".
When he left he had to reaffirm the "ARC". That's what is important to him.
I think he took it personally on the "stupid" thing, which is not surprising
if he has the attributes / actions mentioned by Emma.
I don't see anything wrong with getting knickers in a twist if someone says you are stupid. At least he didn't pretend he was above human emotions.
I couldn't understand why Dex could not see the contradiction in his ARC thread, when the *ARC* tech failed except on those who interpret interaction through Ron's formulae. It failed right there on the thread where he tried to create ARC according to how Ron says it should work. I thought that Dex has had enough decades and experience in orgs and out, and is old enough to have worked out that those formulae are far too simplistic and limited to truly assess interaction between humans. And then, this guy, who made videos of his ARC presentation and urged ESMBers to learn something from them ends up (admitedley, on a different thread), getting so ARC broken he has to leave. To me it looks like Dex's ARC must function on Ron's terms otherwise it's no deal. I got the impression that this ARC "tech" does not allow for a bit of biting and kicking and not having to have everything cosy. No wonder he feels he can't stay here. This board is full of people who do not function according to how ron says they should function. Either that or we are low toned/SPs/DBs. Ron's tech is ron's tech and real people are real people and never the twain shall meet.

None of this is about what Emma's post should or shouldn't have said.

are you calling us all disfunctional? and does his
/your/her shite do not stink?:blush:

seriously, I just lost all interest in checking out this thread from the beginning, forward. :angry:

I'm happy being stuck at the end here where folks are adding to it, and try to interject some sense of humor in an otherwise seemingly very serious situation. :D

Hopefully I won't get wind of what's really happened here, because I might take it all a little bit too seriously and stop having so much fun.:dieslaughing:

I think we all need to forget the lrh thingy a teensy little bit and pay it forward.:yes:

:omg: he certainly didn't in the final analysis [to his family].

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Long ago I put the FZ Success Stories thread on ignore. I haven't seen one post to it for years.

Are there ESMBers who *didn't* put it on ignore, maybe because they don't know how to, and got annoyed by the occasional post Terril made to it? (The "Ignore thread" option is in the "Thread Tools" menu).

Paul

I have never put any thread nor person on "Ignore". I have, however, "desubscribed" from some threads that have wondered too far off-topic.

Of course, just to be cheeky, I should ask if there is anyone out there who has put me on their ignore list? Naturally, those people won't see my post so I expect that the resultant answer will be NONE.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
What was that old saying? - "Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one."

So where are all the people with new assholes?

Hmm.. I can't say I agree with being 'confrontational' like this.. About FreeZoners being stupid..

But neither can I say that I intirely disagree!

I do think that believing that any of Hubbard's evil lying shit has value is pretty daft.. And believing it -after- being aware of Hubbard's character.. Well?

So.. If we have a 'practitioner' of Dianetics & Scientology, an auditor, who uses this 'tech'.. I'd prefer and expect such a person to be VERY suspicious of the 'tech'.. In fact, much more so than I am. A 'practitioner' does intend to mess with peoples minds after all..

That is if I can have any respect..

There has been much talk about 'picking the raisins from the cowpie'. But I have not seen much critical and skeptical attitude from such 'practitioners'.. I have not seen any actual separation of raisins and cowpie. I have seen FreeZone auditors following Hubbard's scripture rather blindly.

And while we're at it. If a practitioner was responsibly separating raisins from cowpie.. There would be no reason to call it 'Scientology'.. In my view there are good reasons to cease crediting Hubbard with anything at all! - And 'Scientology' as a brand is solidly 'positioned' with fascism and nazism.

Personally, I will never allow anybody to mess with my mind using any flavor of scientology! - I've had my fill of that shit..

:yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I have never put any thread nor person on "Ignore". I have, however, "desubscribed" from some threads that have wondered too far off-topic.

Of course, just to be cheeky, I should ask if there is anyone out there who has put me on their ignore list? Naturally, those people won't see my post so I expect that the resultant answer will be NONE.

I'll be kind (to you RPX, not to them :)) and quote your post, so if any have you on ignore and are reading this thread then they will have to have me on ignore too to not see it. Assuming they even read this post, of course.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

PML may refer to:
Pakistan Muslim League, faction of the Pakistani political parties with similar names
Partido Movimiento Libertario, libertarian political party in Costa Rica
Perfectly Matched Layer, numerical truncation methodology.
Peter Max Lawrence, contemporary interdisciplinary artist.
Probable Maximum Loss, term used by property insurance companies

In technology:
Palm Markup Language, a markup language used for e-books
Proof Markup Language, a markup language for provenance exchange
PartnerML, Vodafone's proprietary replacement for Wireless Markup Language
Physical Markup Language, XML-based language that defines data on objects
Perfectly Matched Layer, a numerical technique used to prevent artifacts at the calculation boundaries of a simulation space

In medicine:
Polymorphonuclear leucocyte, white blood cell
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, rare and usually fatal disorder
Promyelocytic leukemia protein, tumor suppressor protein

Locations:
Pierpont Morgan Library, in New York City
Pine Mountain Lake, California, private gated community in Groveland, California
Plymouth Marine Laboratory, scientific research center in Plymouth, England

-----

Huh?

Paul

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
You might wish to comment to Diana about the horrendous results of this outing. Currently $ 850,000 and counting.

I've remained relatively neutral on this matter, simply chipping in to clarify points along the way.

However I am now compelled to ask how the figure of $850,000 is calculated? Who is the person having to fork out this much money? On what basis? In what currency? And, most importantly, can I have some?

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
PML may refer to:
Pakistan Muslim League, faction of the Pakistani political parties with similar names
Partido Movimiento Libertario, libertarian political party in Costa Rica
Perfectly Matched Layer, numerical truncation methodology.
Peter Max Lawrence, contemporary interdisciplinary artist.
Probable Maximum Loss, term used by property insurance companies

In technology:
Palm Markup Language, a markup language used for e-books
Proof Markup Language, a markup language for provenance exchange
PartnerML, Vodafone's proprietary replacement for Wireless Markup Language
Physical Markup Language, XML-based language that defines data on objects
Perfectly Matched Layer, a numerical technique used to prevent artifacts at the calculation boundaries of a simulation space

In medicine:
Polymorphonuclear leucocyte, white blood cell
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, rare and usually fatal disorder
Promyelocytic leukemia protein, tumor suppressor protein

Locations:
Pierpont Morgan Library, in New York City
Pine Mountain Lake, California, private gated community in Groveland, California
Plymouth Marine Laboratory, scientific research center in Plymouth, England

-----

Huh?

Paul

Pissed Myself Laughing.

Oh, I thought it was an ack, as in Paul, Much Love for quoting your post so anyone who did have you on ignore could read it! :unsure::blush:

Here we don't say "Pissed myself" we would say wet myself laughing. :p

So much for lateral thinking skills... :confused2: PML = Paul, Much Love... Not! (No does not equal sign!)

Veda

Sponsor
True. :yes:

And yes I do use Freezone Scientologist in describing my beliefs to others. Of course I also use Taoist, Buddhist, and occasionally Neo-Platonist.

Mark A. Baker

Emma, I call myself a scientologist because I use a lot of the subject of scientology. I learned much of that subject 30 years ago at a mission of the Co$ as it was then. Since that time I have continued to study some scientology materials on my own and with the direction of others. I acknowledge that connection by my continuing use of the term.

I have never limited myself to ONLY the study of scientology, not even while I was a member of the church. A case can be made that I could more accurately be called an heretical scientologist because of my willingness to be selective about what aspects of scientology I use. Personally I have no objection to either term, although strictly speaking I find that since the foundation materials of the subject of scientology call for the individual to use his own judgement in deciding about the appropriate use of scientology then perforce all genuine scientologists are heretical scientologists. Thus, for me the term "heretical scientologist" is something of a "redundancy" or tautology.

Now, we all know that the way the game is played in the church, and most especially the SO, heresy is NEVER tolerated. Frankly, neither the church nor the SO were ever important to me, so I don't give a tinker's d@mn what they decide. I'm perfectly content to continue to regard myself as a scientologist. I don't need to conform to some other person's definition of what that means. To me, that is what being a scientologist means.

Mark A. Baker - The Taoist Buddhist Gnostic Pagan Neo-Platonic Liberal Freezoner Heretical Scientologist, or just plain Scientologist for short. :coolwink:

Sorry, I must have been overwhelmed by the gas, leaking from the latest effort at PR damage control.