ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scientology clergy force a mother to choose: son or daughter

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by Free to shine, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Another great article.
    A heartbreaking example of disconnection that cannot be whitewashed. Get your tissues handy.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ce-a-mother-to-choose-son-or-daughter/2170325 (with powerful video)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

I wonder how many times DM watches & applauds this scene from 'Sophie's Choice'? :angry:

[video=youtube;DZ9bht5H2p4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ9bht5H2p4[/video]

3. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

4. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

5. Free to shine

Yes, in the bubble no-one really thinks it will happen to them ....

6. Leland

Leland Crusader

That is kinda what I did. But then that in and of itself is part of the Scien cult too.:omg:

7. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

This shit needs to be made into a movie ... better yet - an opera - a friggin rock opera! We must write some more songs.

8. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

scientology: the road to hell or whatever ruinous place you may call it. I am so glad Lister didn't go through with it....twice.. It is so sad that so many scientologists who are in really do not know of how their 'church' is causing soooooooo many to suffer. They are shoveled bullshit PR about expansion and success, but the truth is called Entheta and therefore they can not look at the truth...:bigcry::angry: Pure mind control.

9. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

This is outrageous. :angry:

My heartfelt sympathies. The cold, callous, cruel actions of this heartless Cult of Scientology has absolutely no limits.

At least mother and daughter know they love each other. May that love help the daughter see her priorities in a more balanced way so she walks out from under the shackles of this psychotic organisation and may their entire family be together and free soon!

Hugs to all. My best hopes and thoughts are with you.

10. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

11. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

12. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm just overwhelmed by this story..I needed to read the details of disconnection and how it goes down, step by step..we need more of these in print!

While the entire article is heart breaking..actually reading these lines was MIND BLOWING: these people live in Florida NOT North Korea!

• At week's end — Saturday, June 9, 2012 — Sheldon was in his fifth straight day of making amends for unauthorized media reading.

• [Lister] He started peeking at coverage of Scientology on the Internet. The church forbids that.

• Sara asked Ashley to walk around the block. She told her daughter about Cook's testimony and other reports of abuse. You're reading the Internet! Ashley exclaimed.

Let me clarify I knew this happens and these are the rules but to read this first hand account is powerful!

13. Wants2Talk

14. suspiciousperson

suspiciousperson Patron with Honors

I suspect he also gets his tissues ready, if you know what I mean...

15. CommunicatorIC

16. Wants2Talk

Wow ...Dox! Great.

17. Free to shine

I know it seems unbelievable, but it is exactly how it is and has always been.

And the person who disconnected will tell other people "We had an argument, I have the right not to communicate" or "They ATTACKED MY CHURCH/RELIGION!" despite "my church/religion" being something their parents also had and raised them in originally! They actually BELIEVE that justifies it all. It's a 'thought stopper' so they can avoid the true pain caused to themselves and their families/friends.

Disconnection is one of my hobby horses as I and so many people I know live with it daily. :grouch:

This is a really good example and it's great that it is so well documented and out in the open.

18. CommunicatorIC

19. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

So true. If you are lurking - please, just walk out the door. Take your entire family with you. Do you not think this will happen to you? If you have family in the cult of Scientology - it is Russian roulette and your family members are the bullets...you never know who is going to LOOK at the internet and once they do - they are so out of Scientology. So - make it easy on yourself now and just get out! The family unit is the most important unit you have - protect it - it is the only group that will care about your life....the Church certainly does not!!

20. Wants2Talk

I never thought it would happen to me. It did - 3 kids, that I had raised while mom was off doing her bridge.