What's new

Meeting with OSA

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
When you leave assume that you will be tailed.

And if you are going there by car, assume they may try to plant a bugging/tracking device on your car while you are inside. Go there by cab, and have a trusted friend pick you up afterwards.

elwood

Patron with Honors
I truly do not understand what anyone could expect to gain from a meeting between a Scilon and an anonymous person. There is nothing to negotiate. There are no concessions that could be made by either side and neither party would have had the authority to make any concessions on behalf of their side. It was potentially a monumental waste of time for both sides.

I also agree with those who said nothing good could come of it. If the Scilons don't think they can win, they won't play.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I also wondered about this. Perhaps LOCALLY, scientologists could be encouraged to disaffect, through such a meeting. However, organizationally, policy will not be changed, and in fact, it was most likely an OP by OSA the whole way through, gathering information on those who attended, figuring out whatever they could about intentions and personnel. I admire BWG for having the spunk to face them, and I HOPE that she made an impact on the local scientologists who would attend, but I don't see it having a systemic impact.

byte301

Crusader
Well it'll make for a good protest sign anyway.

OSA is afraid of little old me!

BWG I'm sure you can come up with something much better. :D

And when you do I want to see some pix!