What's new

OSA Operatives: How-to Guide

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Several times over the last few months I’ve mentioned OSA operations as they are applied to Critics of scientology. Each time I mention it I usually get replies that add up to bluster about how inept OSA is, rejections of my comments as paranoia or variations on the “I ain’t afraid of no stinkin’ OSA” type of comment.
I know for a fact that the current OSA is nowhere near as good at what they do as the GO of yesteryear was. They just don’t have the same calibre of personnel or the freedom of action and independence that the GO had.
Regardless, I still consider it a mistake of magnitude to underestimate them.
Many are familiar with the few publicly exposed operations such as "Snow White" and "Operation Freakout" but I wonder how many know about the multitude of successful secret operations run by the GO/OSA?
Believe me, the average scn’ist or Ex wouldn’t know a fraction of it.
On the board here at ESMB there are a number of ex-OSA/ex-GO staff and I thought it might be enlightening to some for these people to inform us of their personal experience, particularly as it relates to “handling” Critics.
I’m sure that the title of this thread will undoubtedly entice the wits (at least half of them) to chip in with repartee but, for the sake of making ESMB a safer place to refer newly-out or wavering scn’ists, I beg your restraint in this matter.

I’ll begin:
Intelligence operatives (GO Bureau 1) operated on the following plan in order to achieve their Valuable Final Product;

“PLANS: Generally to locate every source of opposition to Scientology and the control point of these sources and to reduce their power to ineffectiveness and/or take them over.”

“VALUABLE FINAL PRODUCT: Exterior enemies and attacks located and restrained and/or removed.”

I’ve previously detailed some of the statistics of B1 on another thread. All deal with getting people to shut up, cease attacking, get distracted, change sides, attack someone else, run away, hide etc. I’m sure you get the picture.

Here are examples of just a couple of capers run very successfully in the past, they’re not verbatim but are as close as I can recall AND they’re factual and were done to full success hundreds of times that I know of.
Firstly;
Attend any public meeting/forum/discussion that might possibly touch upon scn and successfully steer the talk away from anything negative about scn if it appears to be heading in this direction. (Positive talk about scn was the arena of PR).
I did this cycle many times and was always 100% effective at side-tracking anything about scn and steering the discussion onto designated enemies of scn.
The designated enemy depended on the nature of the forum, eg: if the forum was religious in nature the discussion might be steered onto psych-abuse, if it was mental-health in nature you might steer it to government or religion, if it was “community concern” in nature you would always be safe steering it to politicians/government etc.
According to my observation, this caper has been resurrected (if it ever went away) and is currently being run on internet message boards and chat rooms with great success. ESMB is no exception. The number of threads and “dangerous topics” derailed is quite spectacular from an OSA point of view and they must be justly proud of the success of their modern-day application of this particular program. It probably also accounts for the presence of a couple of notable scn’ists at the recent Melbourne forum about Kenja. (Ken Dyers, a principal of Kenja, had a scn background and so the discussion might have touched upon scn.)

Secondly;
One method of handling a target Critic.
Contact the target Critic by phone, pretending to be a fellow-critic. Agree with the person’s criticisms of scn and voice your own (*see note on “suitable criticisms” below).
Become more strident and whiney until you successfully annoy the person into refuting something you are saying.
Don’t stop, continue to whine using the reject-buttons (these are from a list written by LRH, buttons that cause people to reject what you’re saying) and refuse to stop criticising, don’t acknowledge or listen to anything the target says. If he/she refutes your data accuse him/her of supporting or being a scientologist.
Don’t stop; keep going until the person hangs up on you. (You may have to repeat this action if unsuccessful on first application.)
This one was imminently successful and, amazingly enough, shut down several high profile radio personalities and State politicians. They never again publicly criticised scn (major B1 points when you achieve this). I never had to call someone twice; they just couldn’t tolerate the idea of thinking of themselves as somehow associated with or anything like this brain-dead, obstreperous, whiney critic of scn (the B1 Operative)!
I believe this caper is also alive and well on various internet boards and chat rooms. (Watch for the completely inane and unreasonable idiot-critic who makes you feel like leaving the chat or board.)

That will do for now, perhaps some of the other ex-GO/OSA crew will chip in or perhaps this idea will just be ignored and ridiculed as fanciful paranoia. Unfortunately, it’s not. One day I may even discover the courage to tell the whole story but many of the actors are still alive and would be hurt or imprisoned for no tangible gain (they’re almost all Ex-scn’ists now).
I decided to post this as a means of making good on some part of the damage I did to the Critic Movement in years long gone. Perhaps if I’d been less effective at my job, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion today.
To those I hurt along the way, I sincerely apologise.
Love, Panda.

* The things on the list of “suitable criticisms” were just general, already widely published views about scn. The only thing that was forbidden was any mention of LRH, that was to be avoided if possible but, of course, it never was. The sci-fi writer background or the “why write for pennies, if you want to get really rich just start your own religion” quote were the most common criticisms of LRH at the time. You listened to it and even agreed but never contributed to this particular line of criticism. Of course, we knew nothing about the abuse and exploitation exposed in later years, we thought we were saving mankind.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Thanks, Panda

Love, Panda.

QUOTE]

:bigcry:
Love you, big Panda and want to give you a big hug

Your words are very relevant at this time especially for those of us at the protests. Mike Ferris used the guise of making a documentary about people's ideas about Scientology, and managed to divert one of the protesters from handing out pamphlets and talking to the public for a good 30 minutes. It will be useful to get these non-exscn Anons understand the tactics of OSA and make sure they stay on task.

Thanks for taking the time to post :yes:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Whew!

Love, Panda.

QUOTE]

:bigcry:
Love you, big Panda and want to give you a big hug

Your words are very relevant at this time especially for those of us at the protests. Mike Ferris used the guise of making a documentary about people's ideas about Scientology, and managed to divert one of the protesters from handing out pamphlets and talking to the public for a good 30 minutes. It will be useful to get these non-exscn Anons understand the tactics of OSA and make sure they stay on task.

Thanks for taking the time to post :yes:

Thank you "Panda" for your post and the confirmation of some of my fears and observations!:nervous: :grouch: :yes:

Thank you "Once Bitten" for the above quoted post too! :thumbsup:

When will "Twice Shy" appear to take his or her rightful place on the board? :whistling:

I no longer feel like the "only one" or a "voice crying in the wilderness"! :D

OSA is really no match for the "free beings" here, and that's a fact! :clap:

Love,

Roy, the EP's EP

Feral

Rogue male
Panda,

Thank you for that rather frightening and informative expose. I believe all the critics should be armed up with this knowledge, either that or be prepared to be utterly duped.:confused2:

OSA are sort of like a social cancer aren't they?:omg:

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks for this great post Panda! :thumbsup:

It certainly communicates to me that all of us (if we have any care factor at all for other exes, this board, those still 'in', etc) - can and will fall prey to OSA tactics (in one way or another), if not aware of how insideous these tactics can be.

.......snip......
I believe this caper is also alive and well on various internet boards and chat rooms. (Watch for the completely inane and unreasonable idiot-critic who makes you feel like leaving the chat or board.)
......snip.....
It certainly is alive and well on various internet boards! (maybe even on this thread now :whistling: )Sadly, ESMB is no exception - but if we have our wits about us, their damage will be limited!

Terril park

Sponsor

Several times over the last few months I’ve mentioned OSA operations as they are applied to Critics of scientology. Each time I mention it I usually get replies that add up to bluster about how inept OSA is, rejections of my comments as paranoia or variations on the “I ain’t afraid of no stinkin’ OSA” type of comment.
I know for a fact that the current OSA is nowhere near as good at what they do as the GO of yesteryear was. They just don’t have the same calibre of personnel or the freedom of action and independence that the GO had.
Regardless, I still consider it a mistake of magnitude to underestimate them.
Many are familiar with the few publicly exposed operations such as "Snow White" and "Operation Freakout" but I wonder how many know about the multitude of successful secret operations run by the GO/OSA?
Believe me, the average scn’ist or Ex wouldn’t know a fraction of it.
On the board here at ESMB there are a number of ex-OSA/ex-GO staff and I thought it might be enlightening to some for these people to inform us of their personal experience, particularly as it relates to “handling” Critics.
I’m sure that the title of this thread will undoubtedly entice the wits (at least half of them) to chip in with repartee but, for the sake of making ESMB a safer place to refer newly-out or wavering scn’ists, I beg your restraint in this matter.

I’ll begin:
Intelligence operatives (GO Bureau 1) operated on the following plan in order to achieve their Valuable Final Product;

“PLANS: Generally to locate every source of opposition to Scientology and the control point of these sources and to reduce their power to ineffectiveness and/or take them over.”

“VALUABLE FINAL PRODUCT: Exterior enemies and attacks located and restrained and/or removed.”

I’ve previously detailed some of the statistics of B1 on another thread. All deal with getting people to shut up, cease attacking, get distracted, change sides, attack someone else, run away, hide etc. I’m sure you get the picture.

Here are examples of just a couple of capers run very successfully in the past, they’re not verbatim but are as close as I can recall AND they’re factual and were done to full success hundreds of times that I know of.
Firstly;
Attend any public meeting/forum/discussion that might possibly touch upon scn and successfully steer the talk away from anything negative about scn if it appears to be heading in this direction. (Positive talk about scn was the arena of PR).
I did this cycle many times and was always 100% effective at side-tracking anything about scn and steering the discussion onto designated enemies of scn.
The designated enemy depended on the nature of the forum, eg: if the forum was religious in nature the discussion might be steered onto psych-abuse, if it was mental-health in nature you might steer it to government or religion, if it was “community concern” in nature you would always be safe steering it to politicians/government etc.
According to my observation, this caper has been resurrected (if it ever went away) and is currently being run on internet message boards and chat rooms with great success. ESMB is no exception. The number of threads and “dangerous topics” derailed is quite spectacular from an OSA point of view and they must be justly proud of the success of their modern-day application of this particular program. It probably also accounts for the presence of a couple of notable scn’ists at the recent Melbourne forum about Kenja. (Ken Dyers, a principal of Kenja, had a scn background and so the discussion might have touched upon scn.)

Secondly;
One method of handling a target Critic.
Contact the target Critic by phone, pretending to be a fellow-critic. Agree with the person’s criticisms of scn and voice your own (*see note on “suitable criticisms” below).
Become more strident and whiney until you successfully annoy the person into refuting something you are saying.
Don’t stop, continue to whine using the reject-buttons (these are from a list written by LRH, buttons that cause people to reject what you’re saying) and refuse to stop criticising, don’t acknowledge or listen to anything the target says. If he/she refutes your data accuse him/her of supporting or being a scientologist.
Don’t stop; keep going until the person hangs up on you. (You may have to repeat this action if unsuccessful on first application.)
This one was imminently successful and, amazingly enough, shut down several high profile radio personalities and State politicians. They never again publicly criticised scn (major B1 points when you achieve this). I never had to call someone twice; they just couldn’t tolerate the idea of thinking of themselves as somehow associated with or anything like this brain-dead, obstreperous, whiney critic of scn (the B1 Operative)!

That will do for now, perhaps some of the other ex-GO/OSA crew will chip in or perhaps this idea will just be ignored and ridiculed as fanciful paranoia. Unfortunately, it’s not. One day I may even discover the courage to tell the whole story but many of the actors are still alive and would be hurt or imprisoned for no tangible gain (they’re almost all Ex-scn’ists now).
I decided to post this as a means of making good on some part of the damage I did to the Critic Movement in years long gone. Perhaps if I’d been less effective at my job, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion today.
Love, Panda.

* The things on the list of “suitable criticisms” were just general, already widely published views about scn. The only thing that was forbidden was any mention of LRH, that was to be avoided if possible but, of course, it never was. The sci-fi writer background or the “why write for pennies, if you want to get really rich just start your own religion” quote were the most common criticisms of LRH at the time. You listened to it and even agreed but never contributed to this particular line of criticism. Of course, we knew nothing about the abuse and exploitation exposed in later years, we thought we were saving mankind.

I'd say that was then, this is now.

OSA in Australia has been more fierce than anywhere best I can tell from years in this area.

I submit that the vast majority of ex scns have nothing to fear from COS.

The latest FZ conference had no OSA in attendence. Shame, I'd have liked to see them videoed and U-tubed. :)

Yes in the past some strength, 10 year legal case with Mayo.

The two top guys against the FZ, and probably critics, Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun are in civilian life.

Recently the attacks on BBC and John Sweeney, backfired. The multitude of critical TV shows not stopped, and COS made to look foolish. And these bad PR reports have escalated in the last year. Possibly not known about in Oz?

The only positive TV program, URL on every success story I post, not stopped despite extreme OSA interference with the mentor, visiting up to 5 times a day with severe legal threats. Even I was visited twice by OSA volunteers in relation to that thinking I had info. One ran away the other two were VERY polite.

The tide has turned. THEY are vulnerable.

They are smaller, we are bigger.

So when will OSA stop you posting. :)

Feral

Rogue male
When the Panda speaks smart people stay awake and listen.

If you do not understand, please don't mock him/her and if you go into that gleeful troll mode or you will run out of friends fast.

It was a very valuable package of information that will help a great many exes and critics to do their jobs.

So, what are you doing?

What did Panda say?

I fell asleep.

Carmel

Crusader
....snip.....
So when will OSA stop you posting.....snip...... :)

I agree with what you say on your post Terril - however, I believe that Panda was making a different point.

OSA trolls posting on boards who - derail chat, derail threads, come across as lunatics or carping/scathing individuals, stir up emotions of others, etc, etc, etc - de-value that board. People get tired of it and walk. Those who are looking get put off!

I believe that this is a current day damage - that OSA is successfully managing on this board and others. We need to be aware of it - so we don't fall prey to it!

Carnaubawax

Patron Meritorious
I'd say that was then, this is now.

OSA in Australia has been more fierce than anywhere best I can tell from years in this area.

I submit that the vast majority of ex scns have nothing to fear from COS.

The latest FZ conference had no OSA in attendence. Shame, I'd have liked to see them videoed and U-tubed. :)

Yes in the past some strength, 10 year legal case with Mayo.

The two top guys against the FZ, and probably critics, Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun are in civilian life.

Recently the attacks on BBC and John Sweeney, backfired. The multitude of critical TV shows not stopped, and COS made to look foolish. And these bad PR reports have escalated in the last year. Possibly not known about in Oz?

The only positive TV program, URL on every success story I post, not stopped despite extreme OSA interference with the mentor, visiting up to 5 times a day with severe legal threats. Even I was visited twice by OSA volunteers in relation to that thinking I had info. One ran away the other two were VERY polite.

The tide has turned. THEY are vulnerable.

They are smaller, we are bigger.

So when will OSA stop you posting. :)

I hope you're right Terril. My gut instincts say that you are.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree with what you say on your post Terril - however, I believe that Panda was making a different point.

OSA trolls posting on boards who - derail chat, derail threads, come across as lunatics or carping/scathing individuals, stir up emotions of others, etc, etc, etc - de-value that board. People get tired of it and walk. Those who are looking get put off!

I believe that this is a current day damage - that OSA is successfully managing on this board and others. We need to be aware of it - so we don't fall prey to it!

This board has a long tradition of threads going off on a tangent, and that to me is part of its charm. And chat is hardly serious business. Emma set this board up for people with experience in scientology, whatever their current position, to be able to communicate.

Yes, some are activists, but because a person is not engaged in fighting the church does not mean they do not have a legitimate reason to be here.

Another danger is in seeing people who's agenda does not match yours, as being OSA.

I dont want to dismiss or distract from Panda's message, but also warn of the reverse paranoia that also has infected many sectors of the scientology related internet, OSA behind any differing viewpoint.

alex

Pixie

Crusader
This board has a long tradition of threads going off on a tangent, and that to me is part of its charm. And chat is hardly serious business. Emma set this board up for people with experience in scientology, whatever their current position, to be able to communicate.

Yes, some are activists, but because a person is not engaged in fighting the church does not mean they do not have a legitimate reason to be here.

Another danger is in seeing people who's agenda does not match yours, as being OSA.

I dont want to dismiss or distract from Panda's message, but also warn of the reverse paranoia that also has infected many sectors of the scientology related internet, OSA behind any differing viewpoint.

alex

Thank you!! :clap: :clap: I couldn't have said it better myself... I mean no, I really couldn't!

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Panda,

Thank you for that rather frightening and informative expose. I believe all the critics should be armed up with this knowledge, either that or be prepared to be utterly duped.:confused2:

OSA are sort of like a social cancer aren't they?:omg:

Well a cancer spreads really, and I don't think OSA is actually doing that. Their tactics are deceptive, I mean, Ferris was pretending to be interested but actually managed to achieve his aims, but with people like Panda on board to tell us how it is, we can prepare ourselves and be one step ahead. The other thing is that when OSA tries to black PR its critics, society won't listen any more. OSA are doing themselves 'in' by perpetuating the very thing they say they don't do, which is fair game and smear campaigns. The world has woken up to their dirty ways, and quite frankly, people don't care about what OSA is saying about its critics! It's all falling on deaf ears.

OSA is probably more like a self-destructing social ill, a mere prickle in the foot which, without correct treatment could lead to a full blown infection, but with a swift prick of a needle in the right place, it's all gone!

:boxing: